How many days should I spend in Krabi to travel all places?

Based on the previous post, I'm more interested in Krabi. How many days of annual leave should I take for this trip?

The plan includes traveling around the city, beaches, and islands.

Is 5 days enough for all those activities?

54 minutes ago, Nicolas Flammable said:

Based on the previous post, I'm more interested in Krabi. How many days of annual leave should I take for this trip?

The plan includes traveling around the city, beaches, and islands.

Is 5 days enough for all those activities?

NO ... don't plan much in advance, booking wise, as weather & seas will affect your schedule.  Ferries cancel to the islands quite often if rough, and it is the season for rough.

With that, use extreme care 'in' the surf, know what a rip is, and how to get out of it.

First timer, I could easily spend 5 days at Ao Nang, Railay, Krabi town, Lanta & Phi Phi each.   Really depends on your interest, budget, and or time restraint.

ENJOY

• Like 1

We went in February to March, mainly to escape the smog and pollution in Chiang Mai.

So we explored as much as we wanted and can afford. We had a self catering place, very nice and helpful owners.

Explored a few Islands, caves, lagoons, day trips and long tail boat trips. There was more to explore but our budget was tight. Would have liked to do the James Bond Island. The weather was good at that time.

Plenty to do, night market is big, good food and booze at reasonable prices. Many places have happy hour, buy one get one, and half price dinners. Good restaurants with plenty to choose from. The beach areas, town and Island largest population are Thai Muslims, so plenty of Indian food, halal, but they serve alcohol.

I explored the Al Nang  briefly, busy but different life style, Mosques and cheap food at roadside. Cheap laboritory services, if you need blood tests/ check up.

I don’t think personally that a week is enough, though you can pack in a fair bit if young and energetic.

But watch for the weather as someone else has highlighted, high and rough tides etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

For you, you mean!

5 days is not enough, unless you only plan on staying at 1 location.   Popular spots being: Ao Nang/Railay, Lanta, Phi Phi.   When traveling ?  As PP requires ferry ride as does the short hop from Ao Nang to Railay.

Have you actually looked at a map, and what activities do you plan on doing, again, when will make a difference.

Where are you coming from, and or will you be self driving to, or when there ?

Add in the Crystal/ Emerald pool and hot springs, kayaking through the caves at Bor Tor, climbing up to the temple at Wat Tham Sua. 

Huay Toh waterfall and the National Park that surrounds it, lunch at the viewpoint overlooking Thalane bay and 5 days will not be enough.

There is far more to Krabi/Ao Nang than the beaches and islands which may be ruled out by inclement weather or heavy seas.

p.s. leave James Bond Island to the Chinese - much overrated and a complete tourist trap' also update yourself on which islands/beaches have been closed indefinitely due to coral bleaching.

12 Marine National Parks Closed to Combat Coral Bleaching (prd.go.th)

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes Kayaking, as mentioned by the previous contributor, at Crystal Lagoon, through the Caves is thrilling, you can get assistance if you don’t kayak, and a nice cool spot for swimming at the end.

Railay Beach is a nice day out by the long tail boats. Plenty of walking around if you like. The sunset is terrific, try to stay for that.

On 5/24/2024 at 3:04 PM, KhunLA said:

NO ... don't plan much in advance, booking wise, as weather & seas will affect your schedule.  Ferries cancel to the islands quite often if rough, and it is the season for rough.

With that, use extreme care 'in' the surf, know what a rip is, and how to get out of it.

First timer, I could easily spend 5 days at Ao Nang, Railay, Krabi town, Lanta & Phi Phi each.   Really depends on your interest, budget, and or time restraint.

ENJOY

"Ao Nang, Railay, Krabi town, Lanta & Phi Phi" - that almost covered all the places that I planned. Thank you for the useful advice!

On 5/25/2024 at 10:33 AM, Tazmo said:

We went in February to March, mainly to escape the smog and pollution in Chiang Mai.

So we explored as much as we wanted and can afford. We had a self catering place, very nice and helpful owners.

Explored a few Islands, caves, lagoons, day trips and long tail boat trips. There was more to explore but our budget was tight. Would have liked to do the James Bond Island. The weather was good at that time.

Plenty to do, night market is big, good food and booze at reasonable prices. Many places have happy hour, buy one get one, and half price dinners. Good restaurants with plenty to choose from. The beach areas, town and Island largest population are Thai Muslims, so plenty of Indian food, halal, but they serve alcohol.

I explored the Al Nang  briefly, busy but different life style, Mosques and cheap food at roadside. Cheap laboritory services, if you need blood tests/ check up.

I don’t think personally that a week is enough, though you can pack in a fair bit if young and energetic.

But watch for the weather as someone else has highlighted, high and rough tides etc.

Ahhh, based on your suggestion, I must request for longer annual leave period haha...

The lagoon sound interesting!

Thank you!

• Love It 1

On 5/25/2024 at 7:11 PM, PaoloR said:

Add in the Crystal/ Emerald pool and hot springs, kayaking through the caves at Bor Tor, climbing up to the temple at Wat Tham Sua. 

Huay Toh waterfall and the National Park that surrounds it, lunch at the viewpoint overlooking Thalane bay and 5 days will not be enough.

There is far more to Krabi/Ao Nang than the beaches and islands which may be ruled out by inclement weather or heavy seas.

p.s. leave James Bond Island to the Chinese - much overrated and a complete tourist trap' also update yourself on which islands/beaches have been closed indefinitely due to coral bleaching.

12 Marine National Parks Closed to Combat Coral Bleaching (prd.go.th)

wow, seems like 5 days is not enough for this trip!

maybe 2 weeks 😁

Thank you!!!