• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 64

S/E Asian Thai Consulates going to eVisa online system effective Tuesday Oct 8th

2. 329

And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

3. 49

Trump's Claim of Gaza Visit Draws Scrutiny Amid Factual Discrepancies

4. 49

Trump's Claim of Gaza Visit Draws Scrutiny Amid Factual Discrepancies

5. 70

Words sentences that are offensive

6. 1,056

Its Happening - Law to Tax Overseas Income Now in Progress

7. 24

Sending food back to the kitchen?

8. 8

Harris mingled with Tehran regime operative who promotes terrorism

9. 34

Oh Beloved Bangkok, How So You Have Changed...

10. 66

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

11. 273

Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

12. 66

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

13. 8

Harris mingled with Tehran regime operative who promotes terrorism

14. 273

Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

Cm Immigration Now Collect Family Photos

Flatouthruthefog

Apologies if this is already general knowledge.

On Sept 30th I finalised my 1 year extension here and got the usual efficient, quite friendly service. Just have no idea why they seem so busy all the time just now!

For the first time, I had to supply 2 COLOUR copies of a recent photo of Yours Truly, Thai wife and Thai-born child. Must be colour, and the lady round the back doesn't have a colour copier. The nearest is on the 3rd floor of the Immigration end of Airport Shopping Plaza. As I found to my considerable delay.

Also for the first time, I had to sign a short statement that I am here to do what it says on my Work Permit and ONLY that, and I will be in deep doo-doo (and so will any Thais assisting me) if I do ANYTHING else.

Thank goodness I'm not paranoid. Well, not in daylight.

I like the part of not being allowed to do anything else. That works great with the Mrs. when telling her why I can't wash the car or mow the lawn.

Out of interest, how do they even know you're married / have a family?

In general I'm very much in favor of giving governments as little information as possible. Keep in mind that the holocaust was made possible largely because of detailed population record keeping!

The general incompetence of the civil service should be some comfort to the paranoid.

The question is, what was your extension based up on. Marriage or work?

Oh right, that makes sense then. When getting an extension based on marriage it makes sense to check that you're married to a nice pretty Thai chick, and it's not just a scam where you pay some old hag to get married. The pictures would prove that. Just a copy of their ID cards and house registration clearly doesn't provide this information. Thumbs up to the immigration dept! :D

Seriously though, there was a hint in the original post:

> Also for the first time, I had to sign a short statement that I am here to do what it says on my Work Permit and

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Oh right, that makes sense then. When getting an extension based on marriage it makes sense to check that you're married to a nice pretty Thai chick, and it's not just a scam where you pay some old hag to get married. The pictures would prove that. Just a copy of their ID cards and house registration clearly doesn't provide this information. Thumbs up to the immigration dept! :D

Seriously though, there was a hint in the original post:

> Also for the first time, I had to sign a short statement that I am here to do what it says on my Work Permit and

Immigration moves in mysterious ways.

I read that, but it doesn't mean he is on an extension of stay based on work. He could be on an extension based on marriage and uses his job in Thailand to proof his income. Then immigration can ask for the work permit to check if you work legally.

Him being on an extension of stay based on work is the most likely.

• Like 1

An extension of stay based on work requires photos of all the staff at the place of business. I would guess that it is a marriage visa. :unsure:

Huh? Could you tell a bit more about that? I just got another year, non-immigrant-B, in A'dam. I didn't need to show any pic's of staff members. Or am I misunderstanding something?

An extension of stay based on work requires photos of all the staff at the place of business. I would guess that it is a marriage visa. :unsure:

Huh? Could you tell a bit more about that? I just got another year, non-immigrant-B, in A'dam. I didn't need to show any pic's of staff members. Or am I misunderstanding something?

To extend your one year work visa inside Thailand. :)

Very simply, my one year extensions began by being based on marriage, then on running a company, then back to marriage and now on being a company employee again.

One of the 2 nice ladies in the 'middle row' of desks knew our offspring a few years back and seemed especially pleased to see the current photo.