Am So Sick Of

samuibeachcomber

Am really sick and tired of how long it takes to move around this forum.Am assuming its because of all the downloading of local advertisers.But to me its just become a chore loging on and clicking on to this forum or that forum,it just takes too long.I understand the need for sponsors,but it aint no forum without us,and if we become less and less you are n't going to have any advertisers/sponsors.

YES I agree this new format is sooooo slow..... Maybe the slowest I have used in years...

I have got around the problem by opening Thai Visa in a new Tab, then while it take it time to load I can visit other sites, read news/emails or whatever

Silly used to go make a coffee come back and still TV had not opened

I'm with all of you.

For me it seems to get hung up loading the "static.thaivisa.com" page where it seems all of the trackers are located. It can be so slow that it will time out and cause the rest of the site to time out: no icons, avatars, etc.

I have these problems occassionally but usually its when my internet slows down. I don't have these loading issues with thaivisa.

please do as bino has done and make it clear what message you are getting. what browser you are using, and what ISP. cheers

I have these problems occassionally but usually its when my internet slows down. I don't have these loading issues with thaivisa.

I don't really have a problem with loading speeds, but what happens between 21.30 and approx 22.05 each day UK time, just can't get on?

I don't really have a problem with loading speeds, but what happens between 21.30 and approx 22.05 each day UK time, just can't get on?

Funny that because mornings when I am up early also have great problems to load, this morning took 12 mins to load, refreshed a number of times as timed out, it is now 5 am in Thailand, often find it difficult at this time, other sites open instantly.

That's the time when they run a database clean-up and backup.

Thanks endure, but does that mean the whole site shuts down?

50% of the time when accessing via True Internet at home "static.thaivisa.com" fails to connect.

Using a new machine so haven't got round to hacking the hosts file, but also wondering why I should need to given I'm geographically the supposed "target audience" :unsure:

50% of the time when accessing via True Internet at home "static.thaivisa.com" fails to connect.

Using a new machine so haven't got round to hacking the hosts file, but also wondering why I should need to given I'm geographically the supposed "target audience" :unsure:

Insight, are you using OpenDNS or any third party DNS service? Those doesn't work good via True! Use your ISP's DNS settings instead.

Insight, are you using OpenDNS or any third party DNS service? Those doesn't work good via True! Use your ISP's DNS settings instead.

Ah, there be the problem. Thanks George.

Thanks endure, but does that mean the whole site shuts down?

It becomes unreachable for a few minutes.

It is not a few minutes though, however today it rolled straight through.

I am not really that bothered, but can I suggest that if something like this is run, it is communicated, so I can be abusive on another board, rather than this one, during this time. :lol: