Two Expat Con Men Victimising Tourists

Yawn. Everyone knows about this. But shit will get done. Countless threads and stories before about same guys, bangkok hospital etc.. etc.. Samui express doesnt even have the balls to print pictures of them, and police issue the same line all the time, wouldnt take a panorama investigation crew to get some one day (or over the past year), i imagine they already have. Their names are known too but these dont get printed. What a joke, no offence to the OP for posting.

The source said the tourist police in Koh Samui have already identified the two con men and are now looking for them.

They know these guys inside out... Absolutely countless opportunities before to remove them, cant possibly see this time being any different..

Edited by mattcodes
  • Like 1

This is the first I've heard of it. Maybe the news has been making the rounds among the English. They seem to like getting conned. Numerous times when I was there one Englishman would borrow money (up to 5 million baht in one case) from several (English) friends then do a runner and no one ever got upset enough to try and do anything about it.

This is the first I've heard of it. Maybe the news has been making the rounds among the English. They seem to like getting conned. Numerous times when I was there one Englishman would borrow money (up to 5 million baht in one case) from several (English) friends then do a runner and no one ever got upset enough to try and do anything about it.

5 million Baht!!!!!!:lol: Who, in their right mind, lends that much money without security; like a passport. Difficult to do a runner with no passport!:whistling:

5 million Baht!!!!!!:lol: Who, in their right mind, lends that much money without security; like a passport. Difficult to do a runner with no passport!:whistling:

S.E. You and I (and some others) know there's a sucker born every day. :lol:

This is old news to those that are in the loop, but a great heads up for visitors and a reminder to locals.

You'd have to be a bit slow not to already be aware of charity scams on samui. So this article with no names, no pictures, specifying 'a source', is shall we say pointless, it only serves a reminder to those already aware of them. Sorry but until Samui Express grows a pair of balls then quoting their articles seems to only encourage their poor research/editing etc..

I have deleted the third post. Maybe posters should learn how to READ their Pm's.This sort of abuse is not needed.. If you can't post in a civil manner well then don't.

This is old news to those that are in the loop, but a great heads up for visitors and a reminder to locals.

Well posted

regards

Bojo

You are right Bojo. I rarely go to Lamai and never go to Chewang. Whilst I have seen a number of charity scams, they have always been played by Thais up until now. I had never heard of this one and I will warn my friends/customers accordingly. Thanks Boater.

BTW - the best charity scam that I saw on Samui was at my house. Two Thai guys were driving around where I live knocking on doors. "We are collecting for His Majesty the King's Auspicious Birthday." The documents and special id's that were printed looked very impressive. I became suspicious when it said that the Army and the Police were joining together to organise a very special gift for His Majesty. As far as I understand it, the Army and the Police have never done anything together.

I asked the Thai men to wait whilst I got some money. I went in to my house and picked up my camera. Came out and took photo's of them and the car (including the number plate.)

The tyre marks were still there years later after they sped off into the sunset.

Sent an SMS to my neighbours warning them to find that 4 had already donated! 3,500 baht for 20 minutes work!

Well posted

regards

Bojo

You are right Bojo. I rarely go to Lamai and never go to Chewang. Whilst I have seen a number of charity scams, they have always been played by Thais up until now. I had never heard of this one and I will warn my friends/customers accordingly. Thanks Boater.

BTW - the best charity scam that I saw on Samui was at my house. Two Thai guys were driving around where I live knocking on doors. "We are collecting for His Majesty the King's Auspicious Birthday." The documents and special id's that were printed looked very impressive. I became suspicious when it said that the Army and the Police were joining together to organise a very special gift for His Majesty. As far as I understand it, the Army and the Police have never done anything together.

I asked the Thai men to wait whilst I got some money. I went in to my house and picked up my camera. Came out and took photo's of them and the car (including the number plate.)

The tyre marks were still there years later after they sped off into the sunset.

Sent an SMS to my neighbours warning them to find that 4 had already donated! 3,500 baht for 20 minutes work!

And you believe yourself what you're posting now or just want to make yourself look important on this forum. :bah:

what the hel_l r u babbling on about ?

quote "Numerous times when I was there" since when did England deal in Baht. I know the pound is weak but most people in england still use british pounds. I also know allot of english people who have been conned and done something about it. though they would not speak about it for legal reasons.

what a rediculas post. Branding English people as being conned artists. what country or plant are u on. Planet extasy ?

sorry if my post is affenive but i am affended by the post that i am replying to. Anyway i haven't said anything affensive i have just asked quesstions as i am baffled by his post. :unsure:

Edited by BigC

quote "Numerous times when I was there" since when did England deal in Baht. I know the pound is weak but most people in england still use british pounds. I also know allot of english people who have been conned and done something about it. though they would not speak about it for legal reasons.

what a rediculas post. Branding English people as being conned artists. what country or plant are u on. Planet extasy ?

sorry if my post is affenive but i am affended by the post that i am replying to. Anyway i haven't said anything affensive i have just asked quesstions as i am baffled by his post. :unsure:

How ironic that Big C is baffled by someone else's post. ;)

"when I was there" is when I lived in Samui (2007-2010). Everyone dealt in baht - including the English. Sorry if you feel I'm branding the entire English race as con-artists (I'm not) but of all the people I've known on Samui - and in Europe where used to live - all who borrowed money from friends then skipped town were English. I wish I knew some Swedes, Finns, Yanks, Thais, or anyone other than the English who have done it but I don't so sorry. I'm sure the long timers on the island can think of a few cases themselves of people doing runners. Maybe they can share the nationality background of them to add some sort of balance to make you feel less offended.

And in my op I wrote that the money was borrowed from several friends. Not all 5 million at once. Maybe it was a little more, or a little less than 5 million. When you see Sloaney, ask him.

"when I was there" is when I lived in Samui (2007-2010). Everyone dealt in baht - including the English. Sorry if you feel I'm branding the entire English race as con-artists (I'm not) but of all the people I've known on Samui - and in Europe where used to live - all who borrowed money from friends then skipped town were English. I wish I knew some Swedes, Finns, Yanks, Thais, or anyone other than the English who have done it but I don't so sorry. I'm sure the long timers on the island can think of a few cases themselves of people doing runners. Maybe they can share the nationality background of them to add some sort of balance to make you feel less offended.

And in my op I wrote that the money was borrowed from several friends. Not all 5 million at once. Maybe it was a little more, or a little less than 5 million. When you see Sloaney, ask him.

actually u r starting to make sense. they was a con a few years ago where many people lost a hel_l of allot of money. people i knew. some lady was going round asking to borrow money to invest it in a loan company. the lady promised people a per cent on there investment.

she would ask people to invest large sums of money. Then she would give people back 20 k here and 20 k there but what she was going was moving money around. she was just giving poeple a taste of their own money back.

she later vanished with 50 million baht. Now allot of English people were invloved but there were thai people involved as well.

Infact you are right because i have not seen 1 news artical or anything about this since it happened about 3 years ago. i have herd people complaining but like u said they do nothing.

suppose once they have run off it is already too late.

thats the problem. i am sure if the people that had taken there money were sitting next to them then they might do something but for a sceme like this. Sounds like it was carefully planned

one more thing about the con artists. maybe there names and pictures have not been printed for a reason.

if they know that everyone know what they look like. then it gives them the advantage.

i hope they are hiding behinde there own ignorance as to to carry on trying to blagg money because if they stop or move somehwhere else then it is even harder to ctach them. I am sure they are planning there next scam as we speak. i might be completly different style. so be ready. it might be an online scam where they can hide.

:ph34r:

And you believe yourself what you're posting now or just want to make yourself look important on this forum. :bah:

Your above reply,is uncalled for. Maybe reading the exact same con with a slight variation, in earlier topics on this forum, would have been beneficial & enlightening.

The only other one I can think of was an Englishman who did a runner from Koh Phangan.....only?? a quarter million or so involved though.....!

just thought i would try my luck. u don't ask u don't get.

Can i borrow 5 million baht off someone. i will pay u back. 100 per cent sure. unless i cannot find you or i forget. :D

If only you'd asked that in bar in Samui, you might have had some luck.

I have a photo of the older con man

, he conned people on bang rak about 9 months ago. I told my wife about it and low and behold, the same trickster tried

to con the wife whilst she was sunbathing in choeng mon two days later. well she aint shy and got a photo of him, showed it to me and yes its Mr con artist

roo can I post it?

Edited by starcandle

, he conned people on bang rak about 9 months ago. I told my wife about it and low and behold, the same trickster tried

to con the wife whilst she was sunbathing in choeng mon two days later. well she aint shy and got a photo of him, showed it to me and yes its Mr con artist

roo can I post it?

I have to run it by admin, but at this stage I don;t think so.

roo can I post it?

I have to run it by admin, but at this stage I don;t think so.

Even bearing in mind these guys are guilty as hel_l and we all know it any pic of them should be taken inside the monkey house. We are all innocent until proven blah blah blah.....

The real question is why do the police do nothing??

Mind you lets have a pic and when we spot them we can deliver some westernised punk culture justice.....ummmmm where did I leave my docs????????

The moderators have even less balls than Samui Express etc... I mean seriously get some pics up otherwise close the thread and we'll see another one in a few months as vague as this.

Next weeks hot news:

Something happen in Samui a 'source' close to someone said

Edited by mattcodes

The moderators have even less balls than Samui Express etc... I mean seriously get some pics up otherwise close the thread and we'll see another one in a few months as vague as this.

Next weeks hot news:

Post 'em somewhere and give us the link even......

Next weeks hot news:

Post 'em somewhere and give us the link even......

posting will not do much. i supect they have let samui. maybe posting in his wifes home town of hua hin might be more effective as they have to go home sometime. With this media attension i suspect they have left by now. Beleive me people are looking for him. Allot of people !

It is simple really if he pops up and asked you for money. call someone quick.

The other problem is if someone bashes him. I have not problem with that but mistaken identity could easily happen with a photo.