Sending Money To Thailand --- How To Get Credit For Importing Funds

Have a question here - I've been transferring money to my wife in thailand. Have just been wiring the money to date.

I am reading through descriptions of various visa options, it seems if you can prove having brought money into thailand, this is helpful. There is mention of getting a certain certificate from banks at the time money is wired in.

Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to somehow get credit for money already sent, which went from my overseas account into her Thai account?

For future deposits, would it be best if I established a bank account in Thailand, transferred the money into that, and gave her access to it?

Thanks -

Sending money to your Wife will have no affect when applying for Visas or Extensions of stay.

For extensions based on Marriage to a Thai Lady you need.

1. 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank in your name.

OR.

2. 40,000 Baht monthly income verified by a letter from your Embassy if income is from abroad.

I suspect you confused the investment/condo buying information where proof of money coming into Thailand might be required. That would be a large sum transfer and special paperwork made. For normal visas it is not a factor under current policy - years ago it did have a use but only to support foreign source of banked money. But normal wire tracking was all that was required and if you have been using SWIFT transfer the banks have that information.

I suspect you confused the investment/condo buying information where proof of money coming into Thailand might be required. That would be a large sum transfer and special paperwork made. For normal visas it is not a factor under current policy - years ago it did have a use but only to support foreign source of banked money. But normal wire tracking was all that was required and if you have been using SWIFT transfer the banks have that information.

Yes I may have been reading out-of-date information. Thanks for the clarification.