UBC Problem? Try This!

RDN

On several occasions, UBC has had problems, resulting in missing channels, channels with no sound or channels with no or a frozen picture.

This problem can sometimes be fixed by unplugging the power lead to the UBC decoder box for one minute and then plugging it in again. Wait for the decoder to download the information from the satellite before using the remote - maybe one or two minutes.

This method has been reported successful here and here but beware! You may lose some of your personal settings (channel renumbering, skipped channels, etc) or - worst case - it may not power up again!

Oh, just in case...

The content of this post is for general information only and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation upon which a specific decision should be made. You expressly acknowledge and agree that I shall not be liable for any loss, including any pure economic loss, or loss of profit, business, goodwill, opportunity or otherwise, in each case whether direct, indirect or consequential, or any claims in respect thereof, in any case arising out of or in connection with this post.
:o

On several occasions, UBC has had problems, resulting in missing channels, channels with no sound or channels with no or a frozen picture.

This problem can sometimes be fixed by unplugging the power lead to the UBC decoder box for one minute and then plugging it in again. Wait for the decoder to download the information from the satellite before using the remote - maybe one or two minutes.

This method has been reported successful here and here but beware! You may lose some of your personal settings (channel renumbering, skipped channels, etc) or - worst case - it may not power up again!

Oh, just in case...

The content of this post is for general information only and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation upon which a specific decision should be made. You expressly acknowledge and agree that I shall not be liable for any loss, including any pure economic loss, or loss of profit, business, goodwill, opportunity or otherwise, in each case whether direct, indirect or consequential, or any claims in respect thereof, in any case arising out of or in connection with this post.
:o

Did that with mine...OK now

• 2 months later...

That is the "Windows" approach and should not be necessary if the s/w in the

decoder was any good.

If you car stalls, do you turn off the engine and wait 3 minutes before you

can drive again? Of course not.

decoder was any good.

can drive again?  Of course not.

What UBC do not tell you :o

The weather will effect your viewing experience;

1. Look where your dish is looking- if you see black cloud expect to see the signal DROP

2. If it is raining expect to loose signal

3. The new version 5.0 irdeto cards [your SIM card] can freeze in your PACE set top box, thus the Windoz solution to turn off and on the set top box to fix the card issue

(this can also happen if the box gets over 45 degress in temp as they shut down)

To see more info on how the weather effects you youbeesee receiption see this link;

http://www.jsat.tv/missing.html

with explaination and regional weather radar map from the thai met office.

Cheers

post-22626-1129730939_thumb.jpg

decoder was any good.

can drive again?  Of course not.

If my pick-up stalls I don't have to turn off the engine - it's already stalled! :D:D

But if it's flooded, I may have to wait 15 minutes before trying to start it again :o

But I agree, the s/w is crap. They - as a minimum - should have a "soft-dog": a watchdog / reset arrangement that resets the decoder if the software hangs or finds a hardware problem it can't fix. Then we wouldn't have to resort to unplugging the da.mn thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another little wonder with UBC Digital Satellite...

You know if you press the "OK" button, it will pause the video but keep the audio running? This may seem like the most useless bit of functionality ever - I mean, just what is the point in it?

However, after months of Heineken-fulled research, I think I've found its purpose.

If you leave the box on long enough (around 2 days) and it doesn't go completely up its own arse as RDN mentioned above, you'll find that the video/audio starts to fall out of sync (and this is not the booze taking effect - trust me).

If so, push the "OK" button once to pause the picture, then press it again to get itself back together. Volia! Video and audio back in sync.

Now you can sleep at night.

...If you leave the box on long enough (around 2 days) and it doesn't go completely up its own arse as RDN mentioned above, you'll find that the video/audio starts to fall out of sync (and this is not the booze taking effect - trust me).

If so, push the "OK" button once to pause the picture, then press it again to get itself back together...

Well! I never knew that! And I thought it was just for people learning Thai - to freeze the picture so they could read the sub-titles! You live and learn... :o

• 1 month later...

got a dynasat satelite system recently; dealer said it was the best. Got 300 channels with all movies. few days ago agila ku disappeared; dealer says there's a problem in Bangkok; keeps giving me new input codes; movies come on for a few hours then seize up again.

anyone know the real story

Once there was an electricity failure in my apartment. The sat box restarted. After few seconds (switched to gen set) the electricity was on again, however I could no longer see most of the channels (message: service is scrambled). Tried to turn off the box for few minutes, removed and reinserted the card, but no luck.

I called UBC support, they asked me to do the same way (turn off box, remove and reinsert card) while they're resending the signal. After a few try, it's back to normal again.

• 2 weeks later...
got a dynasat satelite system recently; dealer said it was the best. Got 300 channels with all movies.  few days ago agila ku disappeared; dealer says there's a problem in Bangkok; keeps giving me new input codes; movies come on for a few hours then seize up again.

anyone know the real story

PM Me

Barry

• 2 weeks later...