More Than 1 Email Notification

loong

Hi

I'm having the problem of multiple emails for the same thread.

Yesterday was subscribed to a couple of popular threads and recieved more than 120 emails.

You are supposed to get 1 email per board visit but I am getting an email every time somebody adds a reply.

I have made sure that I actually log out before closing down, but when I open my inbox - Loads of notifications!

If nobody else is getting this problem, What have I done.

I have selected immediate email notification, same as usual, but b4 I only received 1 notification per thread per board visit.

It wouldn,t be so bad if the subject actually appeared in my inbox and then I could simply delete the extra emails. The subject line ends......(f....... so I have no idea what thread it refers to.

Is there any way to make the subject line in my inbox show the full description?

I am also posting this in the ICCT forum in case somebody there can help me

...I have selected immediate email notification....

Try changing to "delayed email notification". I think that's what you want :o

I agree about the titles of the emals - it has been discussed before about changing them to reflect the content so that you can choose which ones to read, but it doesn't appear to be a simple change.

Thanks, :o

But with immediate email notification, you are still only meant to get 1 per board visit. That's right isn't it?

There are times that I like to know if there is a new posting as soon as possible.

How delayed is the delayed notification?

Thanks, :o

But with immediate email notification, you are still only meant to get 1 per board visit. That's right isn't it?

There are times that I like to know if there is a new posting as soon as possible.

How delayed is the delayed notification?

Well, from my experience, while I am on-line - and that is often 10 hours a day - I regularly check my emails to see who has posted. These emails are from topics/forums that I have selected "immediate notification". So I think you are wrong in thinking that you should only get one email per board visit for "immediate" topics. I think - and usually get - many posts on the same topic while I am logged in, but I am not sure whether it is every post. I'll try to check.

And when I used to set "delayed notification" for some topics, I also used to get more than one email on a particular thread, but not as many as the "immediate" topics. I recall asking some time ago whether this was the way it was supposed to work.

So I tend to think of "immediate" as being "all posts", and "delayed" as being "a few" posts.

Of course, it may depend on which browser you are using: I use Firefox which can have many pages stored in "tabs" at any one time. Whether this means that the forum software believes I am looking at all those pages at the same time, I do not know, or what effect that may have on this email function.

Hope this helps.