Region 2 Police Raid Central Pattaya Short Time Bar

Rimmer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bangkok police arrested prostitutes from the former Soviet Far East a few years ago mmediately after having sex with them. They took back the money and knotted up their full condoms as evidence. This led to a big outcry by women's activists who objected to the humiliation the prostitutes were put through and the shame and distress caused to the wives and other family members of the policemen once the story was made public including the names of the arresting officers. The Bangkok police tried to make out that the policemen were sacrificing themselves for the good of the country but the media didn't buy that. Since then they have been more discrete in their anti prostitution tactics but Pattaya is a law unto itself and it also of course has the FTPVs who no doubt provide many bright law enforcement ideas, including this one.

Edited by Arkady

I did pay the Tourist Police and provided crates of beer at thier football events in Naklua.

Was it implied you had to pay the tourist police?

I'm shocked this useless crew is still allowed to operate.

Bangkok police arrested prostitutes from the former Soviet Far East a few years ago mmediately after having sex with them. They took back the money and knotted up their full condoms as evidence. This led to a big outcry by women's activists who objected to the humiliation the prostitutes were put through and the shame and distress caused to the wives and other family members of the policemen once the story was made public including the names of the arresting officers. The Bangkok police tried to make out that the policemen were sacrificing themselves for the good of the country but the media didn't buy that. Since then they have been more discrete in their anti prostitution tactics but Pattaya is a law unto itself and it also of course has the FTPVs who no doubt provide many bright law enforcement ideas, including this one.

Job satisfaction guaranteed. Does anybody know if they are taking on any more recruits? Lets face it; the whole thing is just one big joke. Probably the bar owner has somehow upset the police and he has been penalised. The bar game is one game I would never get involved with.

The ultimate scum farang.

We had a farang come to our home poker game and turn us into the police. Around 10 of us arrested and kept in custody for 19 hours before we paid our 800 THB fine and left.

We heard he was given 2,000 Baht for his work.

Sounds like a tourist volunteer for World Vision.

They get free airfare and lodging but not much spending money if any.

Pattaya and Jomtien are full of them but nobody seems to be aware of them.

Who else would have access to the regular police in this way.

There is no point in photographing them and distributing the photos because

they are only here for a month or so when they are replaced.

They are fundamentalist Christians whose job is to be as nasty as possible

since the end justifies the means.

Its a joke this place :lol:

Pattaya?

Thailand?

Or TV where the same tired, uninformed comments are made over and over and over again, as if the people making them were saints surrounded by sinners or that they had some special, Oracle-like farang insight into events telepathically supplied to them in their bedsitters?

It's like listening to the same old ladies tsk-tsk-tsking across the back garden fence, trying to make their sordid lives seem marginally more interesting while assuming themselves to be unsullied by the human condition.

If the TV Regulars are going to blather on and on about things you couldn't possibly know anything about, at least come up with some original fantasies.

100% DEAD ON.

I only came looking to see if it would be the same thing AS IF there would be any change. I blame TV managers, who KNOW what will be posted in a STUPID boring mundane trite pointless bit of crap "article" like this. I'm considering putting most all the posters who reply to this on ignore. DEFINATELY the guy with the gross icon pic gets it. This forum is slipping and badly.

Pattaya?

Thailand?

Or TV where the same tired, uninformed comments are made over and over and over again, as if the people making them were saints surrounded by sinners or that they had some special, Oracle-like farang insight into events telepathically supplied to them in their bedsitters?

It's like listening to the same old ladies tsk-tsk-tsking across the back garden fence, trying to make their sordid lives seem marginally more interesting while assuming themselves to be unsullied by the human condition.

If the TV Regulars are going to blather on and on about things you couldn't possibly know anything about, at least come up with some original fantasies.

Hmm, having a bad day are we?:D

Pattaya?

Thailand?

100% DEAD ON.

I only came looking to see if it would be the same thing AS IF there would be any change. I blame TV managers, who KNOW what will be posted in a STUPID boring mundane trite pointless bit of crap "article" like this. I'm considering putting most all the posters who reply to this on ignore. DEFINATELY the guy with the gross icon pic gets it. This forum is slipping and badly.

May I suggest with great respect to you If you don't like the posts or subject matter. exercise some brain cells and do not read them

Simple commonsense should play a part in everybodys choice of what to read or comment on.

You say Tv "managers" are to blame. Why are they to blame? Are they not simply allowing people to express their opinion on a forum which actually is what a forum is supposed to be for?

Not everybody will think the same about the same subject anyway. Or do you think they should?

Maybe other readers will think exactly the same about your post as you do of the previous posts!

Feel free to put as many people on ignore as you like! I hardly think it will bother anybody if you do that:

Edited by tlcwaterfall

So you are a pimp that owned a brothel on Soi 6 and you criticize tha Farang that helped the police. You and your ilk are an embarrassment to your countrymen. You should go back to where you came from. Good luck to the Farang collaborator

The above sanctimonious babbling is inappropriate. The incident only serves to highlight the inconsistencies in law enforcement.

If you don't want brothels in Pattaya then get an impartial, international police force to raid EVERY such bar.

Apart from the library, everyone knows that Soi 6 is not a kindergarten and patrons go there knowingly.

Thailand is the only country in the world that welcomes foreigners who want to open brothels here, which is exactly what the bars are.

Edited by antony77

The last time I heard a similar story in Pattaya, the western guy was offered freedom from a serious charge in return for his help.

From memory, he had been caught using fake Visa cards all over town.

So, dob in a brothel owner or do 10 years in the Bangkok Hilton?

Hmmm. I know what I'd do.

Kenny

The last time I heard a similar story in Pattaya, the western guy was offered freedom from a serious charge in return for his help.

From memory, he had been caught using fake Visa cards all over town.

So, dob in a brothel owner or do 10 years in the Bangkok Hilton?

Hmmm. I know what I'd do.

Kenny

Given that choice, I would do the same - doesn't make him a nice bloke though !

Absolutely!!

Any person who gains financially and dobs in his fellows is a DOG and should be treated as such.

I don't care what country - it is fine to report a felony to the authorities but then let them do there own investigations

There is enough corruption in this country without vistors to the Kingdom increasing it and to be honest I have had enough of some comments on this topic so I am signing out of any further involvement at this time.

BTW.... unlike some posters I have not "hidden" my identity

It seems less likely that the owner was not paying them well, and more likely that this was just part of a periodic "pre-arranged" raid meant only to fill up the report card of the authorities and evidence that nobody was sleeping on the job. This happens worldwide, and is more rampant in the third world, in the police, customs, and other agencies that are known to "catch" one in order to let 100 others get away. So nothing new.

Edited by HereIAm

Pattaya?

Thailand?

No offence intended, but I gotta' wonder why you waste your time reading what you consider blather :rolleyes:

Hmmmm seems the owner didnt pay his tea dosh. I do find it ludicrous when they raid one bar and the other 50 or so are carrying on as normal. :lol:

I was unfortunate to have a bar in Soi 6 but very lucky to have got out selling it on to another mug after 1 year. I did pay the Tourist Police and provided crates of beer at thier football events in Naklua. After 2 moths I stopped paying BT15000 / month to this policeman and stopped my beer support. Calling thier Bluff was probably not wise but actually nothing transpired as with 99% of all threats and scaremongering in Thailand.

I sympathise with bar owners who are subjected to this extortion but now all owners are at risk from dispicable expats and tourists.

So you are a pimp that owned a brothel on Soi 6 and you criticize tha Farang that helped the police. You and your ilk are an embarrassment to your countrymen. You should go back to where you came from. Good luck to the Farang collaborator

I would hazard a guess you are either

a farang living in Bangkok

a gay or just plain daft

What was the point of using a marked bill????? Could the informant not simply used the bill for buying a legitimate sold good such as a beer? Maybe they have two cash registers ... one marked brothel and one marked bar.

Yeah all the bars on Soi 6 have two tills, one for drinks and one for lewd acts :D

If you didn't read the whole story on PON… The marked bills was found on the girl that took the guy upstairs:

A foreign operative was used and was armed with marked bank notes which were allegedly handed to an employee of the bar who accompanied the man to a room above the bar which was used for "short-time" encounters.

Hmmmm seems the owner didnt pay his tea dosh. I do find it ludicrous when they raid one bar and the other 50 or so are carrying on as normal. :lol:

your probably 100 % correct,,plus as we know the BIB own a lot of these bars,This has happened a few times in east Pattaya,BIB wanting 40000 baht per month off some bars,which have had to close,,as for the farang they are using for the sting,he should be ashamed of his self for taking part in this corruption,i wish him all the worst luck in the world

Is this "farang operative" a Foreign Tourist Police Volunteer?

The FTPA were used previously in sting operations against Uzbekistan prostitutes. Those women were arrested AFTER the sex was actually performed and completed, which is contradictory to every other law enforcement practices I've heard of any where in the world. It's just another aspect to the disgraceful and unethical conduct of the FTPA.

Did any of you see the local the news on TMN (Trihppany EXCUSE THE SPELLING IF WRONG),it WA DESCRIBED AS A AGO-GO,ladies from 22-37 years of age,obviuos not a go go bar,short time up the apples yes,but then they showed a bag of condoms ,(welldone the ladies who use them).but then they showed a used condom,(with you know what in it) press/news in LOS crazy for ,e .i do not want to see that +other things e.g dead people after accidents or foul play Land of what S ??

What was the point of using a marked bill????? Could the informant not simply used the bill for buying a legitimate sold good such as a beer? Maybe they have two cash registers ... one marked brothel and one marked bar.

Yeah all the bars on Soi 6 have two tills, one for drinks and one for lewd acts :D

If you didn't read the whole story on PON… The marked bills was found on the girl that took the guy upstairs:

A foreign operative was used and was armed with marked bank notes which were allegedly handed to an employee of the bar who accompanied the man to a room above the bar which was used for "short-time" encounters.

You are right I missed that. Since it seemed they were more after the establishment, I just assumed the marked notes were for the bar fine ... not that I would know anything about that. ohmy.gif

Is this "farang operative" a Foreign Tourist Police Volunteer?

The FTPA were used previously in sting operations against Uzbekistan prostitutes. Those women were arrested AFTER the sex was actually performed and completed, which is contradictory to every other law enforcement practices I've heard of any where in the world. It's just another aspect to the disgraceful and unethical conduct of the FTPA.

I am sure that members of the FTPV read this board.

So do any want to step up and either acknowledge, or deny, that their members participated in this raid, or any others?

Or do they find it safer to just ignore this concern?

There is no such thing as FTPV as a set of initials to my knowledge.

There are Foreign Tourist Police Assistants working with Immigration Police in Walking Street and Foreign Police Volunteers working with regular Royal Thai Police out of Pattaya and Banglamung stations,

To clarify some earlier posts here and elsewhere, such official volunteers with bona fide ID's do not need work permits and are unpaid in any way. These days, a valid clean police record from their own countries is mandatory, at least in the FPV. I am uncertain of requirements for FTPA.

All have rights of arrest only in the same way as any ordinary citizen does if they witness a crime of a certain level of seriousness and have evidence of that. But common sense dictates that they only do so in the presence of, and with the approval of, Thai police.

Undercover work is not condoned by either group and if anyone is doing it their are working outside their organizations as individuals and are on very shaky ground legally.

However, there are multiple Thai volunteer groups attached to various police sections with undercover volunteer operatives.

As for the case being discussed here, it seems very likely that a quid pro quo arrangement was reached with an individual not associated with FTPA or FPV.

Absolutely!!

Any person who gains financially and dobs in his fellows is a DOG and should be treated as such.

I don't care what country - it is fine to report a felony to the authorities but then let them do there own investigations

There is enough corruption in this country without vistors to the Kingdom increasing it and to be honest I have had enough of some comments on this topic so I am signing out of any further involvement at this time.

BTW.... unlike some posters I have not "hidden" my identity

well said Rabbi,the farang dog is helping Thai police with corruption,hopefully it will backfire on the dog soon,hope he stays on a high floor in a block of condo,s and the BIB push the dog off when they have finished with him

To clarify some earlier posts here and elsewhere, such official volunteers with bona fide ID's do not need work permits and are unpaid in any way.

Could you please expound on this as it seems to contradict Labour Ministry regulations.

According to those regulations, any foreigner working in Thailand requires a work permit; whether they are paid or unpaid makes absolutely no difference.

The potential penalties for violating these regulations are a fine, jail time, deportation, and blacklisting.

Who exactly is saying they "don't need work permits" when every single foreigner working in this country, paid or unpaid, is required to comply with the long-standing Labour Ministry regulations?

Undercover work is not condoned by either group and if anyone is doing it their are working outside their organizations as individuals and are on very shaky ground legally

There are a number of newspaper articles in the various Pattaya newspapers that have reported on undercover work performed by the FTPA, or the various other acronyms it has employed over the years.

Are ALL these articles false?

Edited by Buchholz

I did not say that the foreign volunteers working with Immigration or other Police do not need work permits because they are unpaid, but simply that they are not required for this specific voluntary service. Since it would be the Police who would arrest you in other circumstances, it must be construed that the same Police gave that dispensation. These organizations were set up not by the foreigners themselves but by sections of the Royal Thai Police who saw a need in Pattaya, Phuket and elsewhere. 40 or so languages represented by one small group obviously being a bit easier than having Thai Police learn those languages to deal with or assist visitors and residents who need someone to steer them through Thai regulations, procedures etc. and whatever else might be required.

As to reports of any foreign volunteers being involved in undercover work, I repeat that these days they are working outside any organization as individuals regardless of what other more official duties or affiliations they might have. That is to the best of my knowledge as of this date. I do know that some foreigners with specific expertise in Police work from abroad are used here in a variety of ways but those are very rare cases.

Think of it as someone who does this or that despite also being an FTPA or FPV.

Edited by petercool