Family Of Dead Bomber To Get Bt400,000 Relief Payment

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not so sure I agree with this! :blink: expect a flurry of bombings to come! :unsure:

Yes, as is well known here, many farmers (and others) commit suicide due to financial problems and as a result leave their poor families behind in a much poorer position and with not much of a future.

Now, if the outlined "financial compensation law" becomes a general knowledge, then those potential suicide candidates

will do some bombing somewhere in order to ensure that members of their families can get payments that set them up for life,

Moreover, some family members might even persuade their "chaps" to take such action in order to secure a higher life style for themselves, which they could otherwise never achieve.

Only is those districts were the Emergency Decree is still standing, as I read it.

Yet another reason to drop the E.D., then this law is no longer relevant.

Edited by rubl

Of course they have the obligation. They set the bomb off themselves. This is what Political Prisoner Thailand publishes on their (blocked) website:

Comments from Political Prisoners #Thailand on the bomb blasts:

First, it is interesting that the Abhisit Vejjajiva government begins uncovering plots and assassination teams at this time, linking them to red shirts, and having talkative captives at this time. Is there any relationship with the recent upsurge in red shirt mobilization.

Second, and not necessarily unrelated, Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwon’s blaming red shirts for the deadly blast in Nonthaburi without an investigation being complete is also interesting (see “Government officially blames…” above). Reports in the Bangkok Post and The Nation immediately blamed red shirts, even before the investigation began. The information provided in the reports are both contradictory and remarkably detailed. For example, while the scene was one of remarkable devastation from a very powerful explosion, there seems to be plenty of complete evidence found. Few questions are raised and there is no skepticism regarding the government’s claims.

Third, it is worth recalling that if this is a case of a bomber being blown up accidentally, it is not the first. Recall that the People’s Alliance for Democracy car bomber back in October 2008 was blown up. He became a yellow shirt hero and the media repeatedly reports him as a casualty of the government crackdown on 7 October 2008. Many dignitaries, including Anand Panyarachun and Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva attended his funeral. There seems to have been no investigation of that event and there were few headlines in the mainstream media.

It seems a careful and complete investigation is too much to hope for in the current case. Political lines are drawn.

Pays to be a bomber hey! Can see it for the victims, but not for the perp.

Cheers, Rick

This is totally ridiculous, reinforce bad behavior, so if you need money go bomb someplace and if you die, you family will be rich.

Bad law and should be changed

Law and Law. Thailand is proud to be never colonized. That is why no common law standard.exists in Thailand. Thai cooking is the best of the world, but i'ts the assimilation of Asean cooking.

A lot of paralell laws exist in Thailand. An Esaarn woman has the right to have two husbands. The Forest Departement fights against TOT and they have the special laws on their side.

A Policeman or Armyman can take his son / daughter after divorce against the law standard and so on.

OMG you have got to be kidding right. No way this is real. Just say no - and let them sue.

"no virgins????" ya if your going to encourage them - at least come up with something that is not tax supported.

Pays to be a bomber hey! Can see it for the victims, but not for the perp.

Cheers, Rick

This is totally ridiculous, reinforce bad behavior, so if you need money go bomb someplace and if you die, you family will be rich.

Bad law and should be changed

Agreed, the law should be changed. The bombers 400k should be divided up amounst the other REAL victims of his disgusting crime.

Red Shirt Jihadist relief fund is more like it.  Just like the Muslim extremists, make payments to the family's of dead suicide bombers.  Are they going to give them 72 virgins as a reward as well?

Now where are you going to find 72 Virgins eh !!!!  

only in Thailand !

Which reminds me, do you know why Jesus wasn't born in Thailand? Because God couldn't find three wise men and a virgin, ha, ha.

Darn, where'd the 'reputation' button go??

Of course they have the obligation. They set the bomb off themselves. This is what Political Prisoner Thailand publishes on their (blocked) website:

Comments from Political Prisoners #Thailand on the bomb blasts:

First, it is interesting that the Abhisit Vejjajiva government begins uncovering plots and assassination teams at this time, linking them to red shirts, and having talkative captives at this time. Is there any relationship with the recent upsurge in red shirt mobilization.

Second, and not necessarily unrelated, Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwon’s blaming red shirts for the deadly blast in Nonthaburi without an investigation being complete is also interesting (see “Government officially blames…” above). Reports in the Bangkok Post and The Nation immediately blamed red shirts, even before the investigation began. The information provided in the reports are both contradictory and remarkably detailed. For example, while the scene was one of remarkable devastation from a very powerful explosion, there seems to be plenty of complete evidence found. Few questions are raised and there is no skepticism regarding the government’s claims.

Third, it is worth recalling that if this is a case of a bomber being blown up accidentally, it is not the first. Recall that the People’s Alliance for Democracy car bomber back in October 2008 was blown up. He became a yellow shirt hero and the media repeatedly reports him as a casualty of the government crackdown on 7 October 2008. Many dignitaries, including Anand Panyarachun and Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva attended his funeral. There seems to have been no investigation of that event and there were few headlines in the mainstream media.

It seems a careful and complete investigation is too much to hope for in the current case. Political lines are drawn.

Don't forget to wear your tin hat tonight. Wouldn't want the alien abductors to take you away for some deep anal probing.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

Red Bomber Samai left a wife and 3 kids.

I don't have a problem with the govt. giving them some money. They apparently weren't involved in his Red lunacy.

If other Reds want to line up and bomb themselves to oblivion also, then they should go for it. It'll be a short line. The Reds don't have suicidal bombers and they aren't dedicated with the fervor necessary to start.

What, an incentive programme for offing yourself with a bomb and taking a few people with you??? Don't let it be said that Thailand is not a progressive society! I doubt any western country has anything yet, that makes it so attractive to go into the blowing-stuff-up business.

I don't have a problem with the govt. giving them some money.

Its a pity that the moronic bomber didnt have any thoughts for his own family or anyone elses that might suffer as a result of his evil acts. I find it very hard to believe that his wife had no idea about what her husband was up to.

His children are probably better off without him. Any man who is going about these types of acts has no place around impressionable children.

Edited by neverdie

they hit the jackpot. had a bus driver run him over the usual pay out would be 10000 baht or maybe some funeral expenses covered. Appalling they are in turn showing support of this..usually too, one blowing themselves up with a bomb accidentally intended to inflict terrorist harm others..is not in the life insurance coverage!

I don't have a problem with the govt. giving them some money. They apparently weren't involved in his Red lunacy.

If other Reds want to line up and bomb themselves to oblivion also, then they should go for it. It'll be a short line. The Reds don't have suicidal bombers and they aren't dedicated with the fervor necessary to start.

I do have a problem with it. Play with fire and you sometimes get burned - som nom naar.

Give the money to the victims families. - and please don't call samai a 'victim'.

I don't have a problem with the govt. giving them some money.

Its a pity that the moronic bomber didnt have any thoughts for his own family or anyone elses that might suffer as a result of his evil acts. I find it very hard to believe that his wife had no idea about what her husband was up to.

His children are probably better off without him. Any man who is going about these types of acts has no place around impressionable children.

The other paper has an interesting article about his wife, Buakham Muangma, which leads me to think that she didn't. He wouldn't be the first Red lunatic to run off to the rallies and whatnot and not contact his family for months on end and leaving them to fend for themselves as he goes gallivanting around terrorizing the country.

We're in wholehearted agreement that as father, he wasn't.

I do have a problem with it. Play with fire and you sometimes get burned - som nom naar.

Give the money to the victims families. - and please don't call samai a 'victim'.

I would never say Red Bomber Samai was a victim, but I would say his children are. They are victims of having a lunatic Red for a father.

They didn't play with fire, he did.

What, an incentive programme for offing yourself with a bomb and taking a few people with you??? Don't let it be said that Thailand is not a progressive society! I doubt any western country has anything yet, that makes it so attractive to go into the blowing-stuff-up business.

Forget offering yourself for a bomb. Have a brother in law you don't like?

"Hey Somchai, come down to Bangkok. I have a new job opportunity for you.

Where to stay? No, don't worry, I've already rented you an apartment in your name. What's that? Of course it has a fire extinguisher. Only the best for you. Can you bring a bag of fertilizer when you come?

No, need to bring any of your personal belongings. You won't be here long enough to worry about it."

Edit: Time to buy stock in Kobuta. I predict a wave of new 400,000 baht tractors throughout Issan.

Edited by gregb

Forget offering yourself for a bomb. Have a brother in law you don't like?

"Hey Somchai, come down to Bangkok. I have a new job opportunity for you.

Where to stay? No, don't worry, I've already rented you an apartment in your name. What's that? Of course it has a fire extinguisher. Only the best for you. Can you bring a bag of fertilizer when you come?

No, need to bring any of your personal belongings. You won't be here long enough to worry about it."

Edit: Time to buy stock in Kobuta. I predict a wave of new 400,000 baht tractors throughout Issan.

Brilliant!!! I'll call Somchai first thing in the morning... LOL

So as a member of your family is getting OLD and cannot help the house hold much, send them out with a bag of boom boom ,easy money- but a sad thought.

Will make a change from dumping old people with Alzheimers at temples and hospitals.

He didn't

This could lead to some creative thinking from some cash strapped family members with little value on life.

In U.S. if you accidentally are killed, ( say by airline misfortune ) i understand the value of human life to be set @ 3.M. U.S.D.............................. IN America,all life is equal, regardless of nationality. Thai guests, pay close attention, this is an example of somethig different for you............................................................................ "higher standards"

Thai govt pays, $12.500 U.S.D( 400,000BHT @x32 ) for " accidental death" ( I'm laughing so hard right now i almost spilled my tom yum )

3M/12.5= 240

therefore , your life is worth 1/240th of its " REAL " value in LOS, ( in a best case) as an American, to the Thai authorities.

so..........your life is almost worthless in Thailand.

Question: why would i risk my life with lower safety standards say in phuket ( which is becoming a sewer) as a diver, when i can have all of the best infrastructure ( read; higher standards ) in cairns or hawaii?. Yes i can get laid on my own.