Where To Buy A Power Boat In Chiang Mai ?

SausageKing

Far better prices in BKK and the south. As Farangs moving on, etc... Never seen them in CMai- yet seen adverts and I thought 'Woww u may make a few bucks buying in BKK and selling here'. Yet if there no buyers then...

Anyway I sent u a couple of emails through ur website, as I cannot PM u TV say.

Cheers Jay

Far better prices in BKK and the south. As Farangs moving on, etc... Never seen them in CMai- yet seen adverts and I thought 'Woww u may make a few bucks buying in BKK and selling here'. Yet if there no buyers then...

Cheers Jay

Cheers Jay and i will have a look and think you right about BkK and south cheaper. Rob.

sausagge bob ( as i know you from ausie cafe days )

if you go up to big c on hang dong road and do a u turn to come back to town

this ones often parked in a tyre / exhaust place on the left

why ... i dont know ..... but it might be worth a look

dave2

sausagge bob ( as i know you from ausie cafe days )

dave2

sausage bob or bob the sausage makes tower bridge sausages n pies.

sausage rob is another beast entirely. 'sausage king' is his motto.

where will he drive his boat? the ping is limited by dams and weirs - one near rimping by the river - so you can't go far there and lakes are national parks.

Edited by november222

Mountain rabbit asking for a Beach day while the sea turtle asking for a trekking trip .

like Moses building the Ark . you won;t know till it happen .

then again . go for it . life is but what we make of it . i was thinking to there should do a F1 race in singapore some 10 years ago and now their doing it . maybe soon when their bored of singapore there will go it in chiangmai Inner and out ring road . would be really cool .

do what you think make you special :)

Power boats are used all the time on the Kuang Reservoir in Doi Saket. They even have a boat ramp. There is a 16 foot boat trailer and motor for sell at the LP fuel station the 118 going towards Doi Saket just past the PTT station. and there are jet sky boats and power boats for sell at a car dealer at the intersection of the 118 and the first ring road, Northeast corner of intersection.

Power boats are used all the time on the Kuang Reservoir in Doi Saket. They even have a boat ramp. There is a 16 foot boat trailer and motor for sell at the LP fuel station the 118 going towards Doi Saket just past the PTT station. and there are jet sky boats and power boats for sell at a car dealer at the intersection of the 118 and the first ring road, Northeast corner of intersection.

Does SK know something that we do not. Maybe he is getting ready for the rainy season and the floods that may come next year. We can call him and he could come and rescue us.

Does SK know something that we do not. Maybe he is getting ready for the rainy season and the floods that may come next year. We can call him and he could come and rescue us.

Could come in handy making deliveries to the Pun Pun and Dukes.:whistling:

LOL.. Of course the river isn't an option.

But you can go boating at Mae Ngat lake. Probably Doi Tao as well, but not sure about the water level these days.

Yes.

Small boats with motors are used on Mae Ngat, north east of Memalai, and Mae Kuang, north west of Doi Saket.

Both big (by Thai standards) and very beautiful. Mae Kuang is now very close to being full. There are a few sporty looking 'power boats' parked on trailers or moored there.

If I were you I would ask a Thai, on your behalf, to make inquiries with the (Royal Irrigation Dept) staff re permissions and licences, if any. Keep a weather eye out for National Park type 2 tier pricing, eh?

Good luck OP and ship ahoy.

Tell us if you make it.

Used to go water ski-ing there regularly till we blew up the outboard<_< In Bangkok now as nobody here can repair it. If anybody gets a decent power boat...I have my ski and ropes here:D

Cheers Jay

Cheers Jay and i will have a look and think you right about BkK and south cheaper. Rob.

I like boats and there is less traffic on the ping river ha ha.

Cheers Jay

I like boats and there is less traffic on the ping river ha ha.

Well you all give me mixed ideas and i hear about a few lakes today that i need check out. I like boats and i want a boat as a bit of a hobby for my day off on Sundays with my sons who are 9 and 11 now and need some adventure to keep them away computer games. sk

Well you all give me mixed ideas and i hear about a few lakes today that i need check out. I like boats and i want a boat as a bit of a hobby for my day off on Sundays with my sons who are 9 and 11 now and need some adventure to keep them away computer games. sk

Our family loves boating also, though my 14 year old son grumbles about kayaking (sooo many places to do that). There are many, many reservoirs to choose from within an hour or two drive from Chiang Mai. Even the mentioned MaeNgat Reservoir is a fab place to spend a day enjoying the water with family (and fishing). South at the Mae Ping park you can travel so far you had better bring large amounts of spare gas and not even travel the full distance there is to explore. Our family spent the last dozen years living next to Desolation Sound and we are enjoying the year round opportunities to get out on the water here big time. Hypothermia, ha.

Speaking of which, show up at the launching area at Mae Ngat early Sunday morning, the busiest time for sport fisherman, to see just how many motor boats there are around.

Also I'm not sure of the manufacture, but there is a small center console runabout, that can be customized from the factory and costs less money than my D-Tracker new. With trailer. Outboard motors costs similar to other countries, and with the boats mention a new bigger motor (say 40 hp) will cost more than the new boat and trailer. Two friends have the boat I mentioned, I'll ask them.

Me and an pic of a well used that boat of the type mentioned; Ian Forbes has posted a good collection of photos of it in use on Thai Visa in the past!

17468_322009518337_581243337_4771388_4739875_n.jpg

The Ping river before the rain; fantastic area to kill half a day with kids. They don't have to paddle the whole way, and if the waters clear the swimming is awesome.

randikevin3.jpg

Cheers

...I have my ski mask and ropes here :D

Hmmmmm, kinky :rolleyes:

Pictures look great and i think with so much good weather its the right country for a boat hobby and am sure my sons will love it.. Would like a list of the best lakes to go around Chiang Mai and is it possible to stay over a night or 2 ? or even set up a camp ?

...I have my ski mask and ropes here :D

Hmmmmm, kinky :rolleyes:

Pictures look great and i think with so much good weather its the right country for a boat hobby and am sure my sons will love it.. Would like a list of the best lakes to go around Chiang Mai and is it possible to stay over a night or 2 ? or even set up a camp ?

You could always give them a taste of boating while they are on the :rolleyes: computer.

http://vsk-aus.com/

Your idea sounds a great way to spend some time with your kids. Just do not forget to teach them boat safety...it seems ignored here.

Edited by harrry

Too many to list, check all the water on MapGuide Thailand or Google maps. Very few places don't allow motorboat access, like Phayao lake - too shallow.

Mae Ngat has many float cabins to choose from and bringing your own boat will provide more entertainment for the kids. Bring your ski mask.?!? The cabins make for a nice meal stop or can provide a tub of ice and refreshments for a day trip. Visit the launching area of Mae Ngat at sun up on a Sunday morning to get an idea of how many boaters there are (not long tails).

Camping you can do at most lakes freely, though this would be rough camping only (bring a shovel). Mae Kuang reservoir, 18 kms from CM, often has campers on the remote shores.

All the bits needed are available here; safety gear is smattered around the stores in town, a couple of shops will set you up with a hitch for your truck, motors are available - strangely at those large plastic item shops, and there is a couple of dedicated boat mechanics around. The boat mechanic in Lamphun always seems to have a boat and/or motor for sale. Yes finding some items like a tow ball for the truck and a bilge pump do requiring ordering from Bangkok.

Thank you and great info. i will take a trip first to have a look and think i will look a few lakes around before buy a boat. many thanks. Rob.

Too many to list, check all the water on MapGuide Thailand or Google maps. Very few places don't allow motorboat access, like Phayao lake - too shallow.

Mae Ngat has many float cabins to choose from and bringing your own boat will provide more entertainment for the kids. Bring your ski mask.?!? The cabins make for a nice meal stop or can provide a tub of ice and refreshments for a day trip. Visit the launching area of Mae Ngat at sun up on a Sunday morning to get an idea of how many boaters there are (not long tails).

Camping you can do at most lakes freely, though this would be rough camping only (bring a shovel). Mae Kuang reservoir, 18 kms from CM, often has campers on the remote shores.

All the bits needed are available here; safety gear is smattered around the stores in town, a couple of shops will set you up with a hitch for your truck, motors are available - strangely at those large plastic item shops, and there is a couple of dedicated boat mechanics around. The boat mechanic in Lamphun always seems to have a boat and/or motor for sale. Yes finding some items like a tow ball for the truck and a bilge pump do requiring ordering from Bangkok.

One of my more favorite places is the huge Ping River reservoir... about a days drive south of Chiang Mai. It's truly a scenic gem.

Ping_Reservoir_4.jpg

Ping_Reservoir_1.jpg

Ping_Reservoir_2.sized.jpg

Lots of wild life in the National Park there.

Kingfisher_1.sized.jpg

Ping_hawk_1.sized.jpg

I'd suggest an initial trip or two with an outfitter such as AsianAnglingAdventures before purchasing your own boat.

One of my more favorite places is the huge Ping River reservoir... about a days drive south of Chiang Mai. It's truly a scenic gem.

Ping_Reservoir_4.jpg

Ping_Reservoir_1.jpg

Ping_Reservoir_2.sized.jpg

Lots of wild life in the National Park there.

Kingfisher_1.sized.jpg

Ping_hawk_1.sized.jpg

I'd suggest an initial trip or two with an outfitter such as AsianAnglingAdventures before purchasing your own boat.

wow that looks a super place and that what i was hoping to see and why i want to buy a boat. my sons will love that and i will show them you great pictures. Nice fish. (Did you eat it ?) Rob.

Edited by SAUSAGEKING