Unlucky Trees

highchol

It's obvious they were unlucky. After all, they died shortly after it was discovered they were unlucky.

if i were a tree that had been dug up I would consider that a tadge unlucky. whilst on the subject of been dug up...elkangorito

This is actually kind of interesting. Do animistic beliefs inform some governing policies? Or maybe the government people were responding to concerns of nearby residents. It would be good to know where the government house is and what its function is.

This is actually kind of interesting. Do animistic beliefs inform some governing policies? Or maybe the government people were responding to concerns of nearby residents. It would be good to know where the government house is and what its function is.

here we go did a bit of digging around.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/10/03/politics/Gardeners-set-for-feng-shui-fine-tuning-today-30139244.html

Also Po trees are widely believed to be unlucky if planted anywhere other than in temple grounds.

The only reason they're 'unlucky' if planted in your garden is that the roots are huge and can damage your construction. Explained to me by a Thai friend by the way. Many superstitions from all over the world have the same basis, nothing to do with 'bad luck'.

Highchol, thanks.

So the trees themselves have no good or ill luck attached, except for where they were placed. I asked because upcountry, some trees, by virue of their great age, not species, are home to spirits much valued by surrounding community members, as falangs have found out when trying to remove them.

This county is endlessly interesting.

Feel free to contact 'government house'...wherever that may be.

I'm sure that the government house in question may be able to point you in the correct direction.

In the meantime, do you have anybody to speak to during the waking hours?

gee, you missed the perfect chance to use your little "closed" smiley. having trouble finding your imaginary moderator's cap?

Government House is the office of the Prime Minister, in Bangkok.

A Feng Shui master has recommended the removal of the trees and they have been returned to Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens (near Pattaya).