Trading A Usa Home/Land For Home In Thailand

I have a home on 1/4 acre lot in a country setting 2 miles West of Redmond Oregon. Just the land itself last appraised at $115,000. I owe approx $75,000 on it.

It has very good renters and nets me about $300 a month after I make my payment.

Would it be possible to do a land home trade for a home in Thailand if it was mutually beneficial for both our needs?

Maybe.Wouldn't ya be better off to just sell the house in the us and then either buy A house in thailand or have one built?

Remember I'mn not saying it's not possible to own land in Thaland,but it's definitely hard for A farang to do.

I have a new house in Northern Portland or Vancouver WA very near WSU campus - good area accessible to all roads (freeways) etc and 15-20 minutes away from

PDX international airport via freeway. The bad news is I can't sell the house, I have it listed for the past 2 years.

Therefore I think you'll be better off to hang on to it and use it as your rental income, that is what I am doing. Also to your negative is our US dollars, as you can see it's

trading around 29.5 today.

Maybe.Wouldn't ya be better off to just sell the house in the us and then either buy A house in thailand or have one built?

Remember I'mn not saying it's not possible to own land in Thaland,but it's definitely hard for A farang to do.

If the land cannot be sold, net rental income of USD300 can be used to rent a place in Thailand.

If the land cannot be sold, net rental income of USD300 can be used to rent a place in Thailand.

Yes, I currently rent a house in Thailand for my Gf and her two boys, for the past few years. My problem is that my home is a manufactured home, ( 1973 ), and even though it

has 1500sq ft, 1/4 acre lot, a shop, and a 5 person hot tub room, most banks will not typically loan on a pre - 1976 home. ( I got it in the divorce ).

With the info provided I can see no mutually beneficial home and land exchange. Who is going to pay off your $75,000 mortgage? The banks won't lend on pre1976 manufactured home for a good reason, the residual value is next to zero. Can you pay off the equivalent mortgage on your new home in Thailand, and if so how?

Edited by InterestedObserver