Buying A New / Used Car

SausageKing

The guy who built out our house lives here in Pattaya. He just bought a new car and said it was cheaper in Bangkok than here in Pattaya. Not by a lot, but it was worthwhile for him.

Be really careful with used cars...a lot of junk and a few scams are out there.

You should have a look at this one too: http://www.toyotasur...home/index.aspx

If you don’t know by now there is price fixing in Thailand. The prices are the same no matter where you decide to buy a new car, but you can get extras, and go with outfit that give you more extras, like fog lights, floor mats, etc. etc.

Not necessarily. I know some folks who got a cash discount off the list price. Especially for high end models and off brands. For Honda and Toyota, you are spot on. But the extras can really add up. Not all dealers offer extras as part of the deal...

You talking about NEW cars for fixed price, then they still not fixed- competition counts greatly and the sales guys are very competitive in BKK. You will get a better deal on NEW and used (Especially moreso used). As one poster said many scams- old parts in near new car, etc... Watch out I nearly been had a couple of times - lucky I have a trusted machanic. But he only speaks Thai, so as I speak broken Thai still- I still need my girl to translate.

Cheers Jay