Sleeping Medication

sirbrinkie

I have finished my STILNOX (Zolpidem) 10mg sleeping medication and this can only be obtained with a Dr.'s prescription. (I will get this next week) In the meantime I have been offered Alcelam (Alprazolam) 1mg and Atarax (hydroxyzin) 25mg - does anyone have any experience with these last 2 mentioned drugs - any info greatly appreciated

Alprazolam otherwise known as Xanax works well for sleep. It however is more addictive than your regular prescription. 1 mg should be broken in half and taken as .5mg. If you need to take 1 mg then do so, but try .5mg first. Since you will only need it for a week or so I would not worry about addiction. Ambien (Zolpidem) is also addictive if taken every night-it should only be taken sporadically.

Take care

Agree with Capealava as regards the Alprazolam............take half a small Tablet to Start with to See How You fare. I have a friend who has sometimes taken the whole tablet and he is extremely groggy the next day. One-time, he took two tablets one evening and was written off for practically the next two days, falling asleep in his chair at just about any time of the day!!

As an FYI...if you are stuck somewhere and are having sleeping problems, Dramamine works great. Depending on circumstances, I take one or two pills. Sleep like a baby. And they are available pretty much everywhere. Works great if you are in some small town in China and find out your cheap hotel is right above the karaoke bar!!!!!

I can only use Stilnox. Everything else makes me fell groggy the next day. I get mine at Memorial Hospital, but yes, have to see the doc first. He'll usually give me a 2 months supply.

Doc is in 24/7, though you have to literally wake him up if it's after 2am.