Finally..Real English Muffins At Mcdonalds

Sansai Sam

Great to see the standard of posts on the Chiang Mai forum reach an all time low high.

Are you saying there was never a time in your past life thet you regularly enjoyed yhe Maccas discouny :unsure:

Harrry, yes we did get a 50% discount when on duty however I wouldn't say I enjoyed it. Last choice really.

What amazes me here is what some posters on this Forum consider to be exciting news.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see the standard of posts on the Chiang Mai forum reach an all time low high.

Are you saying there was never a time in your past life thet you regularly enjoyed yhe Maccas discouny :unsure:

Harrry, yes we did get a 50% discount when on duty however I wouldn't say I enjoyed it. Last choice really.

What amazes me here is what some posters on this Forum consider to be exciting news.

i'm still wet with excitement over the free butter dish and dr pepper thread!

Without a proper newspaper in Chiang Mai for news this is what we get. Oh sorry that's another thread.:lol:

Does anyone remember the 15 Cent hamburger and 10 Cent Fry's?

History of Mc D's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_McDonald's

Trying to see how many old geezers there are on here?:lol: My older sister's first job was with McD's and I used to go visit her and get the 15 cent burger and fries. Here's another write up http://www.livinghis...0s/life_16.html .

Don't want to divulge ones age but I remember when there was NO Mc D's.:whistling:

WOW over 70 years old your doing well there old timer :)

My daughter was playing her music (loudly, of course) and as I saw this thread, I heard Lady Gaga singing Poker Face: "..'cause I'm bluffin' with my muffin..."

If the image stays with me when I next get around to trying an Egg McMuffin, will it enhance the taste or detract from it, I wonder.

Does anyone remember the 15 Cent hamburger and 10 Cent Fry's?

History of Mc D's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_McDonald's

Trying to see how many old geezers there are on here?:lol: My older sister's first job was with McD's and I used to go visit her and get the 15 cent burger and fries. Here's another write up http://www.livinghis...0s/life_16.html .

Don't want to divulge ones age but I remember when there was NO Mc D's.:whistling:

WOW over 70 years old your doing well there old timer :)

Actually you beat me by 7 years. Congratulation.:thumbsup: I remember in my home town 1959 we had three burger joints. Eat and Run, Patches and Foster Freeze. McDonald's came around I thank it was 1964. Foster Freeze is the only burger joint that became a Francis in California. After McDonald's opened the boulevard that it was on became the most densely populate 1 mile strip of fast food and franchised restaurants in the USA. It held that dubious honor for two years. Now this was a four lane boulevard both sides wall to wall for 1 mile. :lol:

Edited by gotlost

i'm still wet with excitement over the free butter dish and dr pepper thread!

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

If you'd check into how they produce their food you'd never go there again.

Just sayin'...

Now that is really not the case.

They prepare it the same way you would if you were doing it at home. McDonald has a high standard for cleanliness. Having worked in the supply industry for years I can tell you that when they remodel a kitchen you need a shovel to clean the grease up. MacDonald has a on going cleaning program. The ones that aren't open all night have a person in there cleaning all night.

It's obviously a item of great interest to you.:cheesy::cheesy:

Jesus wept :(

I cannot believe that with the great variety of food available in CM "chew and spew" Maccas English Muffins warrants a rave. Its not Real, its not English, they don't even taste like a ******* muffin!

Think I'll go out and watch the grass grow now....will post an update for you all shortly.

I lost my faith in McDonalds when they ditched the strawberry milkshakes. Gutted, I was.

I lost my faith in Mc Donalds after my first meal in one during a USA visit in 1975. I too remember when there were no McDonalds................and the world was a much healthier place!

Jesus wept :(

I cannot believe that with the great variety of food available in CM "chew and spew" Maccas English Muffins warrants a rave. Its not Real, its not English, they don't even taste like a ******* muffin!

Think I'll go out and watch the grass grow now....will post an update for you all shortly.

So, how's the grass? Any chance of a series if time lapse photos, or a video?

I actually thought I was the only one who likes watching grass grow. It's great to know I'm not alone. :rolleyes:

By the way, there are some great websites you can check out - and share your own grass growing experiences. Check out http://www.watching-grass-grow.com

Thanks for the heads up guys, I love me sausage and egg muffins in the morning, Finally I can now get them, infact I have 2 getting delivered as I type, as well as some hash browns....yummy yummy yummy.

McDMuffins.jpg

Edited by Spoonman