Where To Buy Kids Dvds In Cm?!

CMFubar

Panthip Plaza! They have one shop that sells copies from dvd's for 100 baht. You can choose the one you would like to have out of a book. They have plenty of cartoons and all the Disney movies. The copies are good quality.

The shop is on the first floor, somewhere on a corner and they have wooden benches and tables in front. Sorry I can not be more specific as I don't go there often..but if I remember well, when you go through the main entrance at Changklan road, you just need to walk straight on, at the end the shop is on the right..

go to the Saturday secondhand market ( not to sure about directions but i think u drive past riverside and take a right at the traffic lights further on and its on the right ) but theres two stalls there selling genuine blue ray dvds from japan which have english language and if u need it, thai subtitles on them....cost 100 baht each or get a discount if u buy a few....theres all the latest kids movies there as well as adult stuff and rock and pop dvds

if u need better directions i will ask my lady where it actually is when she wakes up 55555555

people do not buy DVD any more and is now moving on to digital Ages ,

you can download DVD movie from Online depending on where you buy it form ..

get a HD media Player . and then you can start downloading it from online .

attach that to a HD TV and your kids have ebdless house infront of the TV without even needing you to change the DVD disk .

if you need one let me know i can get it for you .

I know nothing about kid's education, but I bought some 'Peppa Pig' CDs for my 10 month old Thaiglish daughter when last in the UK and they are fantastic for teaching English and hold her attention like nothing else on earth. The Thai part of the family are now demanding copies also so that the 6-8 year olds can use them for learning English. Try one out if you can get it from the internet.

Edited by SantiSuk

As namprikong said - Panthip - go through the main doors at the front (Night Bazaar road nearest to the Night bazaar itself) and walk straight on, past the bookshop on your leftt and its on the right at the end - as said tables outside with books of CDs. They sell 100B each or 6 for 500B - and they are tough to haggle with (I managed to get a 50B discount just bacause I made the guy laugh I think - I was feeling obstinate). The Nigh Bazaar used to be good once upon a time, but they are syndicated now (all the stalls runner's go to the same place for the DVD's ) - you can get them down to 50B a disk but they have a smaller selection and I find more often than not they don't actually have the ones that I choose from their stall.

A better way is to join GigaNews and download them at highj speed (although this is not cheap) - or join MegaVideo and stream them. Sometimes they are on YouTube in split episodes - my kids spend most of their free time watching streamed TV via Megavideo (Premium).

If you are doing a border run - or know someone who is - they are cheaper and better from Myanmar, whole box sets can be bought with Blueray or DVD rips - great prices and quality - last time I was there shopping, we bought all the Shrek films (including shorts) for 350B (in a metal presentation case) - and two other box sets with five and seven movies in each Dreamworks in one, Pixlar movies in the other (3D glasses thrown in). Also box sets of Lie to Me, TrueBlood and a few others. Made a special deal (which was practically thrown at me) - and paid just 1800 Baht I think (for about 35 DVDs all told)..

Edited by wolf5370

thanks for all the tips people.. the kids are 1 and 3 year old girls.. anything i download i have to wait for (connection decent but not top notch) and then burn as i'm not game to let them near my laptop - hence the request for dvds, saves me a lot of hassle. i'll be visiting pantip and the night bazaar.

also got introduced to a great cartoon called pocoyo which a friend downloaded for his daughter, short episodes (7mins) very good basic english with a moral and super cute.. if anyone has kids they want to teach =)

If you can find Makro out on the superhwy, you will find them there

Inside the store, after you would have checked out and are walking to the exit, there are thousands of them there...... Also for those seeking some good ole USA country music , I have heard some old stuff there. Like Hank Williams era .

Edited by ThePunPun