New Project

Diablo Bob

I am considering starting a new automotive project and inasmuch as I have never done this type of work in Thailand before I need a little information from the Chiangmai old timers.

The project will take an old junked 240Z and turn it into a Velo Rossa Full body replacement.

Location of an engine rebuilding shop.

Location of a transmission shop.

Location of a good body shop (Not a panel replacement shop)

Upholstery shop

Good mechanic who can work on Triple Carburetors (Balancing)

If I go forward on the project depends on answers from Thai customs and the availability of the above services.

post-21996-031556500 1286707827_thumb.jp

I bet if you edited your post to put in a SUBTITLE! like 'car restoration' or 'attempting car restoration in CM' you'd already have at least 10 replies. There are alot of auto enthusiasts in town, but from a vague title like yours I imagined this would be about a home improvement project. I bet others are in the same boat. I'm reading it just for amusement as curiosity got the best of me. Good luck.

i had done a few cars . but in chiangmai , not easy .

you cna get a JZ or a SR20 . but not much rotary engine around .

torubo fitted is easy . as long a syou find the cooler .

rim is kinda hard if you want the classic unless you do a conversion as well as a disco brake conversion

i got some old celica . if you are keen for you to play aorund .

anyway workshop charge alot and is not cheap . plus how much you paying for the fairlady anyway ?

let me know i might just be able to help you . save some big money .

i had done a few cars . but in chiangmai , not easy .

you cna get a JZ or a SR20 . but not much rotary engine around .

torubo fitted is easy . as long a syou find the cooler .

rim is kinda hard if you want the classic unless you do a conversion as well as a disco brake conversion

i got some old celica . if you are keen for you to play aorund .

anyway workshop charge alot and is not cheap . plus how much you paying for the fairlady anyway ?

let me know i might just be able to help you . save some big money .

Thanks for the info TA,

The Z doner car will cost anywhere from $1000 to $3000, I just need the uni-body which then gets modified and new panels installed after stiffening the floor so the top can be chopped off.

A new remanufactured engine another $2000. A Remanufactured transmission and differential around $1000.

The need for the shops is more for the access to their specialized equipment for the actual installation.

The key is going to really be on what Thai customs is going to charge, how they class the doner car. I have already retained an attorney to work through the legal issues such like customs but also vehicle registration after the project is completed, will it even be possible......

Before I start dropping cash I want answers to a lot of questions.

Edited by Diablo Bob

well . i almost build my own cars . but seriously is a waste of time .

in thailand , you get so much red tape that you send up just having fun ,

if you are just doing it for fun .. go for it .

if you want a nice cars check out the lastest Benz

2010%20Mercedes-Benz%20SLS%20AMG%201.jpg

going ove rthe process of paper work and building in thailand , you jolly well just spend the money and buy this baby for like 7 million or more baht you still get changes back :)

- i rebuild and mod about 5 cars so far.. i also like mazda cars and own one mazda 929 sport coupe version .

i almost got a fiarlady many ears ago but was more into celica ta22 then