Please Help?

skootr

Hi there

I have 2 days left here in Bangkok until i come back in 6 weeks.

I Have spent the last 3 days trying to get some one to take me fishing .... cab drivers have no idea and tuk tuk drivers only seem interested in taking me places to get commissions on suits and jewelery.

Basically I'm tired and i want to spend a day fishing.

I don't have the sort of funds to spend at a place like bungsamran or shadow lake right now but intend on visiting atleast one of them when i return.

So My Question is

Are Jamsai , Lung Lee and Ruan Pae fishing parks at all close to central bangkok (khaosan rd area) ?

And how much should they cost in a metered cab ?

Entrance fee's? guides?

Or Does anyone know of a local that i could contact to take me out somewhere who wont rip me off and actually take me some where worth fishing ?

Cheers.

Do you have your own fishing tackle etc.? If not you will want a guided package with one of the fishing tour outfits - you'll find these easily on google ... try mega fishing thailand or one of the others ... I have no personal experience with any of these, I'm not an angler myself. I must say at THB8,500 for a day trip it seems like an expensive hobby ...

I have to agree on shadow lake or also known as ngau nam by the Thais. Its doable from khao sarn i would guess around 200bt on the meter.

If you really are having problems i could give you a number of a Thai girl who could explain where it is in Thai to a taxi driver.

I wish i could go fishing with you but at the moment im too busy. Any other month and i would have gladly taken you there. I am myself not to far from khoa sarn and i have my own transportation.

Edited by robblok

Do you have your own fishing tackle etc.? If not you will want a guided package with one of the fishing tour outfits - you'll find these easily on google ... try mega fishing thailand or one of the others ... I have no personal experience with any of these, I'm not an angler myself. I must say at THB8,500 for a day trip it seems like an expensive hobby ...

Its actually a cheap hobby if you have your own gear. It is a lot cheaper then drinking in a bar. It al depends where you go and some places are expensive. If you go full out on Bungsamran it could end up costing you more as taking a girl out of a bar :D

Shadow Lake costs 150baht to fish.Not sure your going to find many places cheaper than that.If your in the Khaosan Rd area it's not to far a journey.There are websites with the location details.

This is the Thai fishing forum(not the tour company). Have a list of ponds and contact numbers for all over Thailand. Check out the ones for Bangkok.

www.siamfishing.com

Good luck

Shadow Lake costs 150baht to fish.Not sure your going to find many places cheaper than that.If your in the Khaosan Rd area it's not to far a journey.There are websites with the location details.

This is the Thai fishing forum(not the tour company). Have a list of ponds and contact numbers for all over Thailand. Check out the ones for Bangkok.

www.siamfishing.com

Good luck

I've heard its around 90kms out of bangkok no ?

would'nt that be heaps expensive in a cab ?

Shadow lake is maybe 200 maybe a bit more then that and no more then 35 km from where you are.

Its at putamon soi 3

They will take the elevated higway and from there to putamon 2 then to putamon 3

Its actually a cheap hobby if you have your own gear. It is a lot cheaper then drinking in a bar. It al depends where you go and some places are expensive. If you go full out on Bungsamran it could end up costing you more as taking a girl out of a bar :D

LOL .. right ... although taking a fish out of the lake is probably not as risky as taking a girl out of the bar ... so angling is probably the wiser investment

LOL .. right ... although taking a fish out of the lake is probably not as risky as taking a girl out of the bar ... so angling is probably the wiser investment

You are right, and if you got an unclean lady they both smell the same at certain places :D

Anyway i love angling its quite relaxing and if you go to a not so expensive lake you dont pay much.

I pay for 2 rods and food and drink around 600 bt but you can do it with one rod for half that.

You are right, and if you got an unclean lady they both smell the same at certain places :D

Anyway i love angling its quite relaxing and if you go to a not so expensive lake you dont pay much.

I pay for 2 rods and food and drink around 600 bt but you can do it with one rod for half that.

Im curious did the OP ever get to go on his fishing trip?