Weight Loss Herb

westbounder

Hi,

Last year my girlfriend was taking an herb for weight loss that is grown somewhere near here in northern Thailand.

It was very inexpensive and it worked well for her.

She doesn't remember where she got it, but it may of been near Chang Dao.

Anyway all I remember it was inexpensive and I would like to start using it for myself.

Does anyone have any ideas where I can buy it cheaply here in or near CNX and what is the name of it?

Thank You

I don't know what you are referring to but I tried in vain to purchase Hoodia Gordonii cactus here and was told by 3 different pharmacists that it is illegal here and that most other weight loss herbs are also illegal to buy/import, etc. - for whatever its worth.

I took Hoodia cactus capsules when I lived in Europe and they really worked! I lost about 5 kilos in just a couple of months before coming to Thailand (and putting all back on and then some). :(

seriously . i am always on diet till i am hungry , after dedicating so much time of my life at least 21 hour a days of devotion i am still overweight .

so i simply give up losing weight .

saying that .

why become thin using herb .. is not going going to last .

plus not all herb is healthy for everyone you might end up dead before you lose weight .

the best way to lose weight is stop INPUT and do more OUTPUT

no lazy person is going to lose weight and be healthy at the same time .

good luck

Edited by Ta22

TA22 as usual, speaks the truth. RTD himself is down from 105k about 1.5 yrs ago to just a tiny 92k these days. (And that's with a healthy dose of muscle on him too, though maybe another 10k to go!) It takes some aerobic exercise, some muscle building exercise, and watching what you eat. Ironic that we are so good at running our calories into surplus and our bank accounts into deficit, when the math is simple, isn't it ?!

If you would like to try an herb, maybe as a jumpstart to things, or a temporary aid, you'd be better off posting the Thai or even local Kam Meuang name of the herb - I'm sure the tgf can tell you, though there's bound to be a transcription problem,this is going to be able to set some of us who are curious and polyglots out there asking around on your behalf. So... how about being more specific than 'an herb' for a clue to what you're looking for ??

And Ta22... we had a theoretic meal planned to go out and eat hmu kattah about 2 yrs ago (Before your head got so occupied with marriage!). You still up for it ?

My key to losing 140 kilos (300+pounds) was simply to increase my excercise and balance my food.. I eat anything I want, just less of it.

I lost 9 kilo's the first year I lived here just by switching entirely from Western food to Thai food and eating less volume in general. No extra exercise needed for the first year just complete change of diet. These days I do swim once a week and ride my bike almost every day but weight stays off until I visit Europe for a couple of weeks every year when I put on a kilo or two. However; drops off within 10 days or so of returning. In my mind the key is leave all Western food off the menu.

Edited by trainman34014

My key to losing 140 kilos (300+pounds) was simply to increase my excercise and balance my food.. I eat anything I want, just less of it.

I lost 9 kilo's the first year I lived here just by switching entirely from Western food to Thai food and eating less volume in general. No extra exercise needed for the first year just complete change of diet. These days I do swim once a week and ride my bike almost every day but weight stays off until I visit Europe for a couple of weeks every year when I put on a kilo or two. However; drops off within 10 days or so of returning. In my mind the key is leave all Western food off the menu.

The vast majority of Thai food is very fattening so I don't buy into that. Less volume and exercise is the key - not the Thai food.

Edited by elektrified

The vast majority of Thai food is very fattening so I don't buy into that. Less volume and exercise is the key - not the Thai food.

Whatever works for whoever I suppose. Just my experience but it works for me. I personally don't find Thai food fattening but I guess it's a matter of what we choose to eat. Less food volume overall and very rare beer drinking here probably crucial in my experiences too.

A friend in Bangkok lost the same amount about 15 yrs back, he had a few square metres of skin surgically removed. At the time I was working in the leather industry and suggested he give me the skin to get tanned and make a nice jacket. He declined. Eventually he put all the weight back on and now has had some surgery to reduce his stomach. He's lost all the weight again and now cannot get overwieght again, apparently. He recently had all the excess skin removed again but again didn't get it tanned.

i'm up for moo kata , and i got some serious diet t trick . if you up to it ,

meet me up treat me and my weight to moo kata and i give you the special diet secret for free .

and if it do not work , let me know in a few month i will treat you back happily .

:)