Ed-Visa And Graduating Soon - Rules?

Hi There!

I hope someone can help me here, as I can not find any information about it in the Internet (how does the immigration expect us to know this?).

Anyways, I've been a student in Bangkok for 3 years now and I'll be graduating next semester. I'm German, 22 yrs.

What are the rules for my ED-Visa after graduation?

I will graduate in March 2010, but I have to renew my Visa in January 2010, therefore giving me another year, until Jan. 2011 (officially).

My friend just has/had problems with renewing his Visa, as he finished his bachelor last March and now studies master at another University a few months later - but didn't inform

the immigration about his graduation.

So what are the rules? Do I have to inform the Immigration at the day of my graduation or last class or something?

Are they gonna cancel my visa immediately?

If anyone knows any information about this online, I'd be really thankful for the link.

Another question at the side - can someone link me to a how-to-border-runs or living here on a tourist visa.

After Graduating (expecting my Visa will be cancelled on graduation) I still need some time to stay in Thailand to find work (or marry :rolleyes:)

so I just hope living here on a tourist-visa going out of the country every 3 months is still possible? If yes, what visa do I need, where can I apply for it and how much

would that be? (links are appreciated :) but as i've never done a border run I really need detailed information for "beginners")

Thanks!

Chestnut

On an extension of stay the rule is that when the reason for the extension is no longer there, your permission to stay exipres the same day. So the day you finish oyur study would be the day you have to cancel your permission to stay.

You can go to Vientianne and apply for a double entry tourist visa, that means two entries of 60 days each. Both entries can be extended by 30 days.

On an extension of stay the rule is that when the reason for the extension is no longer there, your permission to stay exipres the same day. So the day you finish oyur study would be the day you have to cancel your permission to stay.

You can go to Vientianne and apply for a double entry tourist visa, that means two entries of 60 days each. Both entries can be extended by 30 days.

Fistly, thank you for your reply.

So my permission expires the same day and I would have to leave the country the same day? Or do I have a 7-day-time-frame like for work-permits?

Isn't there also a 1-year-tourist-Visa where I can leave the country each 3 months?

If not, each extension would be 1,900 Baht at immigration office, I assume?

Sorry, for asking so much, but I've never done border-runs or lived here on a tourist Visa and I don't know anyone who currently does.

Chestnut.

You must pay to stay an extra 7 days and would do that when you cancel your extension of stay.

There is no one year tourist visa. A tourist visa for most allows a 60 day stay that can be extended another 30 days. Some Consulates will issue 2 and 3 entry versions but in the Thailand area 2 entry is usually the most you can obtain.