Thai Model May Have Been Murdered: Police

webfact

FHM

Model may have been shot dead: police

By The Nation

gallery_327_1086_5760.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police suspect a sexy model found dead yesterday in her luxury condominium in Bangkok's Huay Khwang district may have been murdered and are checking security cameras for a possible killer.

The body of FHM 2008 model Sasithorn "Pik" Onwimol, 28, was found with a gunshot wound to the right temple on her bed covered with a blanket to the chest.

A .38 pistol was found near her right elbow.

Her bedroom, which had the air-conditioner left on, showed no sign of being ransacked. She was thought to have died three or four days ago.

Condo maid Rattana Kwaenbanchao, 41, told police neighbours had complained about a foul smell from the woman's room so managers of the block had a key maker unlock the door. They found Sasithorn's body in her bed and alerted police.

Deputy city police chief Pol Maj General Sumet Reung-sawat said police found some suspicious points in her death that suggested the scene might have been staged to cover up a murder.

He said that if the model committed suicide there should not be gunpowder on the blanket - and there were reportedly two spots of gunpowder on the blanket. That suggested a person may have covered her face before killing her.

He said police would probe her death in detail first and check to see if security cameras reveal a suspect.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-10-12

The saddest thing in this lousy world. Read about a friend that has met her demise in this way. No matter foul play or not.

She had talent, beauty and all things going for her I can only close by asking WHY? Or Who and WHY?

Bye Pik.. :(

The same thing happened to me- I read about a friend's murder several years ago here on the Thai Visa Forum. In her case the murderer was her boyfriend, a farang.

Wouldn't be surprised if jealousy played a role here as well.

The saddest thing in this lousy world. Read about a friend that has met her demise in this way. No matter foul play or not.

She had talent, beauty and all things going for her I can only close by asking WHY? Or Who and WHY?

The same thing happened to me- I read about a friend's murder several years ago here on the Thai Visa Forum. In her case the murderer was her boyfriend, a farang.

Women are not people here, they are merely possessions.

What a waste of life, sad, what was the reason for this?

Could have been a jealous wife of someone she was getting with ?

hope they catch the criminal who's done this and put him in jail.

RIP.

Put HIM in jail?  Well we seem to be well on the way to solving this possible crime. We can eliminate about 50% of the populace already. 

I might be wrong but I discount a jealous male wife.

What a waste of life, sad, what was the reason for this?

Could have been a jealous wife of someone she was getting with ?

hope they catch the criminal who's done this and put him in jail.

RIP.

Put HIM in jail? Well we seem to be well on the way to solving this possible crime. We can eliminate about 50% of the populace already.

I might be wrong but I discount a jealous male wife.

What if the jealous wife of someone hired a MAN to do the hit ? Then yes, put HIM in jail, and HER also.

Regardless of that, it is sad and shocking to see this happen in Thailand. Where's the police and justice?

Do these incompetent men in brown tights that everyone calls "police" not know how to test her hands for gun powder residue? A standard suicide check.

I'm actually embarrassed for the police in this country.

DEATH OF A MODEL

Model's death still a mystery : police

By The Nation

gallery_327_1086_12873.jpg

It remains unclear if FHM model Sasithorn Onwimol, whose body was found in a Bangkok flat on Monday, was murdered. Police had suspected personal conflict as a motive if she was slain, but they refuse to rule out other possibilities, such as an inheritance dispute.

While waiting for forensic and autopsy results to help determine if the 28-year-old model killed herself or was slain, police have questioned her ex-boyfriend and people close to her - and found that she had personal problems, Metropolitan Police Division 1 chief Wichai Sangprapai said.

Police also learnt that the pistol she was shot with was given to "Pik" by her father.

Huai Khwang police superintendent Colonel Pusat Peungpoung said police looked at the inheritance issue because her late father had two wives and she was the first wife's eldest child. They had also spoken to her ex-boyfriend, who had tried to get her back.

Pusat said police planned to submit the former boyfriend, who did not initially raise suspicions, to tests with a lie detector. Police would also check on the driver of a blue pickup that visited her often, as seen on security cameras.

Deputy Superintendent Pol Lt Col Jarupat Thongkomon said the fact there was no blood on the blanket on her bed suggested it had not been used to silence the shot, and pointed to suicide. He said if she was murdered, the killer must have been close to her - and had keys to her double-locked room, plus knew where she kept the gun, and how to avoid getting seen on the block's security cameras.

The model's mother Sompit Opaswattana, who received the body from Ramathibodi Hospital morgue, said she didn't believe her daughter committed suicide. But she dismissed talk that her dad's inheritance may have been a motive as she had not received much money, so there was no dispute.

Morgue doctor Samith Srison said the model died from a close-range gunshot with the bullet going through her right temple to the left, leaving no fragments in the brain. And the model had not been pregnant.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-10-13

Do these incompetent men in brown tights that everyone calls "police" not know how to test her hands for gun powder residue? A standard suicide check.

There was a lot of information like prints, angle, distance from muzzle, powder spread etc, that could be had in a situation like this. If there was competent forensics in Thailand.

Edited by Tanaka

There was a lot of information like prints, angle, distance from muzzle, powder spread etc, that could be had in a situation like this. If there was competent forensics in Thailand.

Maybe an influential person in pants of a certain colour was involved(directly or indirectly involved) and called it in ensuring any evidence not already missing would be rendered useless....remember the Rangsit Market owners' family member's murder?

another classic years ago in Hua Hinn where the farung involved committed suicide by jumping off his balcony....the police were not bothered by the fact that the balcony door was locked from the inside....oh the briefcase containing a large sum of cash which was supposed to be in the room was never found.....sleep easy

A tragic waste. Women rarely commit suicide by shooting themselves....lets hope the murderer is caught....condolences to friends and family

Sad indeed.

I wouldn't be surprised if the room was cleaned/tidied up somewhat as soon as the body was found. Either way, let's hope Thai investigators can use this to try and patch up their abysmal past records of botched investigations. It sure appears to be a murder case.

• 4 weeks later...