Are You Feeling Bad About Your Tv Screen Name

ThePunPun

Yes, yes yes, I wanna join in the game. I'm the first one on page 4. Yooohooooo!!!!

Addit: shoot forgot to sign ....

.... not gonna tell ya ....

Edited by Nienke

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see what's wrong with giving some people a discount for getting some more clients.

And some of you have to understand, people not born in an English language country make more mistakes than you do, don't try to be so funny.

So, just accepting your little quips is fine eh?

Well, I think you know, it is because of anxiety. One can anonymously write what he want but showing the face behind all that gossip is scarry.

I think scarry and scary just seemed to go together, that's all....you know, like Frankenstein smile.gif

As to getting back to the topic real question....... " why do some people find it so necessary to keep their screen name vs their real name from being known? "

Then as a follow up " why do some people find fault with whatever someone else posts and feel it is necessary to answer with a caustic, sarcastic, or just downright mean or rude retort. I do get the feeling that if someone posted "Good Morning Everyone " there would be 3 or 4 posts almost instantly with some smartass answer, and it may be from the same always sarcastic poster back to back.

Why is that necessary?

Awww the mystery of what passes for the human mind.

I don't see what's wrong with giving some people a discount for getting some more clients.

And some of you have to understand, people not born in an English language country make more mistakes than you do, don't try to be so funny.

Well, I think you know, it is because of anxiety. One can anonymously write what he want but showing the face behind all that gossip is scarry.

I think scarry and scary just seemed to go together, that's all....you know, like Frankenstein smile.gif

As to getting back to the topic real question....... " why do some people find it so necessary to keep their screen name vs their real name from being known? "

Then as a follow up " why do some people find fault with whatever someone else posts and feel it is necessary to answer with a caustic, sarcastic, or just downright mean or rude retort. I do get the feeling that if someone posted "Good Morning Everyone " there would be 3 or 4 posts almost instantly with some smartass answer, and it may be from the same always sarcastic poster back to back.

Why is that necessary?

Awww the mystery of what passes for the human mind.

Another gem from Doc Sigmoid.....timely followed by his lackie.

" why do some people find fault with whatever someone else posts and feel it is necessary to answer with a caustic, sarcastic, or just downright mean or rude retort."

Sometimes it is because the other poster was doing the same thing to them. Payback... :whistling:

someone who disagrees with you and agrees with someone else is a lackie?

fyi . i met john at pun pun two or three times a few years ago. a nice guy and a gentleman. very popular here too.

you come across as being ....... strange.

OK here's the original flame from Doc Sigmoid, I expect you'll get the usual suspects.

As we have posted , TV Members who come in and identify themselves with their TV Screen names will receive a 10% discount on their bill.

Then why do a good number of these members not want to give their screen names?

Are they ashamed of their posts or ramblings.

Are they flamethrowers and not want anyone to know who they are?

Or they really , as in most cases, very nice people, but they take the opportunity of being anon. to spread & spew?

I would like to know the real answer......

TA22 how about you...... are you one of the mentioned type of member or uptheos, or caf.....

Seriously would like to know the answer

Thanks

The Pun Pun

someone who disagrees with you and agrees with someone else is a lackie?

fyi . i met john at pun pun two or three times a few years ago. a nice guy and a gentleman. very popular here too.

you come across as being ....... strange.

Oh Nicky giggle.gif

OK here's the original flame from Doc Sigmoid, I expect you'll get the usual suspects.

As we have posted , TV Members who come in and identify themselves with their TV Screen names will receive a 10% discount on their bill.

Or they really , as in most cases, very nice people, but they take the opportunity of being anon. to spread & spew?

TA22 how about you...... are you one of the mentioned type of member or uptheos, or caf.....

Thanks

The Pun Pun

I cannot see your reply to this question. Please feel free to post a one word reply...Yes or No.

" why do some people find fault with whatever someone else posts and feel it is necessary to answer with a caustic, sarcastic, or just downright mean or rude retort."

Sometimes it is because the other poster was doing the same thing to them. Payback... :whistling:

They can't see it UG......Having their heads stuck up their arse does that to them. wink.gif

Thanks

The Pun Pun

I cannot see your reply to this question. Please feel free to post a one word reply...Yes or No.

Do a poll and don't just mention 3 names and you'll get my answer. (with an anonymous vote)

Edited by uptheos

In answer to the OP's question:

I use a screen name because when I signed up it asked me to use one.

I picked my screen name from one of my former nick names that some of my friends used to call me. It also incorporates my first name.

I have no problem giving my real name, it is Bob Engborg and I am from Florida. If you want to see who I am you might find a photo of me somewhere if you google my real name then you will know if you know me.

I picked my screen name from one of my former nick names that some of my friends used to call me. It also incorporates my first name.

I have no problem giving my real name, it is Bob Engborg and I am from Florida. If you want to see who I am you might find a photo of me somewhere if you google my real name then you will know if you know me.

I think the OP will be highly delighted with your response, however, the majority really don't care BB.

They can't see it UG......Having their heads stuck up their arse does that to them. wink.gif

Finally we are getting somewhere...... is this a coincidence or what..... are you talking about yourself or me......"up their arse" : "uptheos" sounds more like yourself......

So what was so hard about that, you finally ID'd yourself and are entitled to the 10 % discount at The Pun Pun....

Now take a break and go to sleep, you've had a very hard day posting.

Until tomorrow..... hope you have a good sleep

:)

Finally we are getting somewhere...... is this a coincidence or what..... are you talking about yourself or me......"up their arse" : "uptheos" sounds more like yourself......

So what was so hard about that, you finally ID'd yourself and are entitled to the 10 % discount at The Pun Pun....

Now take a break and go to sleep, you've had a very hard day posting.

Until tomorrow..... hope you have a good sleep

:)

Always sleep well Doc.....went by your place earlier, hope you get some customers soon, so you don't have to spend so much time on TV. smile.gif

Hi BarnicaleBob..... Good to E meet you...... With all due respect, I was not asking anyone to come on the forum and ID themselves.

I did offer all TV'Er's who came in to The Pun Pun a 10% discount if they did identify themselves with their screen names..... and the offer is still good.

But the real question is WHY do some people find it so necessary to be so secretive and evasive about giving their screen name?

Thanks for your reply and come in sometime and we can sway Florida stories....... yea me too....

Hi BarnicaleBob..... Good to E meet you...... With all due respect, I was not asking anyone to come on the forum and ID themselves.

I did offer all TV'Er's who came in to The Pun Pun a 10% discount if they did identify themselves with their screen names..... and the offer is still good.

But the real question is WHY do some people find it so necessary to be so secretive and evasive about giving their screen name?

Thanks for your reply and come in sometime and we can sway Florida stories....... yea me too....

I really didn't want to jump in here but I will..........politely.

Because that's their choice and their reason's are their own. smile.gif

I am posting the original post. Please note that no where in it does it say you have to give any one your real name. So uptheo"s you can sleep safe and sound no one is trying to get your name or any thing else you are afraid of losing. A simple thank you will be sufficient.

Thanks

The Pun Pun

1) Because 10 % does not pay my bus fare to go to your place. :realangry:

2) Because to be secretive and evasive is inside our nature. Maybe we can feel like this 007 guy. :rolleyes:

3) Because sometimes i like to say things here i would not say in an face to face conversation. Because face to face should be more serious, sometimes. :whistling:

4) Because i think is not a good way to promote your business. Because if it is very good, one of my real friends will suggest it to me. (yes have some in your city. :lol:

5) Because When you sign they do not ask you to give your real name. As online forums are not real, me thinks.;)

6 Because i can use emoticons here. How could i do this in real?

Have a good time as i do, partly by being an secretive evasive one in here.

Oh and i have a real life too. Or i hope i have.

Edit: god to good. As the dictionary told me its not the same. :wub:

Edited by enerzne

I see, I meant it more in the way of getting shy, and I understand sometimes it must be very funny.biggrin.gif

And many things I read on TV is all gossip but why is that negative? Sometimes I join but I do not really have the gift for that.

I presume the OP have read my opinion about his thread.

This thread is beginning to rival the free water thread. It is nothing to do with screen names, it is to do with advertising - -nothing wrong with that.

But a bit of honesty from Punpun ( is that a screen name!!!)would not be amiss

Why mention three posters, Punpun?

My reason for not taking up your discount offer is nothing to do with screen names I just, as is my right, don't like your food.

Obviously some others do. But in these troubled times it still pays to advertise

I am gonna close this thread now.

Pun Pun is offering a discount to people who reveal thier TV identities.

Thats' HIS choice.

If you don't want the discount, don't reveal your name,

Thats YOUR choice.

I completely understand why some people don't want to reveal their TV nik's and why some others don't mind...its still all a matter of CHOICE.

I think Pun Pun had a very good idea, when Tuskers opened they offered a discount card to anyone who wanted one and I can't remember any fuss that accompanied their offer, you got a laminated card with your name on it and used it if you wanted to.

I'm not saying that other posters are wrong to air their opinions regarding this either. Protecting their screen identities is a matter of CHOICE.

But we seem to be in a "No Win" situation now and there is an awful lot of bickering going on, which really is not doing anyone's serenity any good whatsover.