The Thaksin Sickness – Obsessiveness & Addiction

LaoPo

Oh ... the topic isn't about being obsessive?

It must be just about attacking people posting about Thaksin then.

Or about obsessively posting about the US in a Thailand forum :)

Here's your answer:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4070453

LaoPo

Denial (being part of addiction) is certainly being exhibited here by you LaoPo.

Please see post 41 in this thread, and stop altering my posts.

Now ----

To address the topic. LaoPo's concept of a Thaksin addiction is offensive and degrading. It is VERY offensive to state that someone has a mental illness (addiction or compulsion) and to do it based upon a non-existing criteria. There is no listing for "The Thaksin Sickness" in ANY medical text on the planet. There are some case studies for internet addiction. (and I would submit that being in some other country but having 11k posts in a Thailand forum might qualify -- but then others would suggest that living in Thailand and having 12k+ posts would qualify as well.)

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline"> Advanced search

About 1,540,000 results (0.23 seconds)

The only addicts that had anything to worry about in Thailand were the ones summarily executed under Thaksin's "war on drugs"

In conclusion (and my final post on this thread ... I promise!) LaoPo's comparing people with strong political beliefs (and who live in Thailand and are affected by both internal and international politics) to sex addicts or alcoholics is offensive. Comparing real addictions like alcoholism and sex addiction to a meaningless trolling phrase is demeaning to those people that do suffer from real addictions.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ... the topic isn't about being obsessive?

It must be just about attacking people posting about Thaksin then.

Or about obsessively posting about the US in a Thailand forum :)

Here's your answer:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4070453

LaoPo

Denial (being part of addiction) is certainly being exhibited here by you LaoPo.

Please see post 41 in this thread, and stop altering my posts.

Now ----

To address the topic. LaoPo's concept of a Thaksin addiction is offensive and degrading. It is VERY offensive to state that someone has a mental illness (addiction or compulsion) and to do it based upon a non-existing criteria. There is no listing for "The Thaksin Sickness" in ANY medical text on the planet. There are some case studies for internet addiction. (and I would submit that being in some other country but having 11k posts in a Thailand forum might qualify -- but then others would suggest that living in Thailand and having 12k+ posts would qualify as well.)

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline"> Advanced search

About 1,540,000 results (0.23 seconds)

The only addicts that had anything to worry about in Thailand were the ones summarily executed under Thaksin's "war on drugs"

In conclusion (and my final post on this thread ... I promise!) LaoPo's comparing people with strong political beliefs (and who live in Thailand and are affected by both internal and international politics) to sex addicts or alcoholics is offensive. Comparing real addictions like alcoholism and sex addiction to a meaningless trolling phrase is demeaning to those people that do suffer from real addictions.

You seem to have quite a problem with my OP.

Food for thought perhaps?

LaoPo

• 2 weeks later...