True Adsl To Csloxinfo To Play Wow

Deksan

I am playing WoW (www.worldofwarcraft.com) and the True line was recently unusable so I have made a little research and ppl using csloxinfo seems to not have any pbm. So Well I decided to test with a csloxinfo dialup bangkok package costing less than 200 baht, and how surprising the game plays perfectly ... I have made some research using pingplotter seems that true pass by CAT which pass by DACOM (Korea), whereas csloxinfo use their singtel line. The dacom way ends with 20-25% packet loss to us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com, the singtel route has sometimes 1% packet loss. No need to say which is better ....

So I have decided to switch to csloxinfo adsl ... and here the glitches start:

1) the customer supports call me 7 days after my application telling me that my TOT phone number isnt available for adsl, I have a true phone line ... The website says the opposite and a different call to csloxinfo support tells me it s availble. The csloxinfo support advices me to reapply as my TRUE phone line is ready for ADSL.

2) I do reapply 1 day pass and today the phone bells, they tells me that if It s slows with true ADSL it will be slow with CSLOXINFO ADSL ... They try to convince me that as they use the TRUE phone line it will be slow as well if it s slow with true (what the ###### ???).

3) If I wish to apply csloxinfo i have to stop my asianet (true) and wait 5 days, I cant do that as I use my line for tele-working :o

I m polite so I say "Yes Yes Yes" ... but what should I do ? Continue with modem ? Send an email to csloxinfo customer support ? Meanwhile I start to ring the bell at true network customer support and I will provide some evidence that the DACOM path isnt the right path to use ...

Any tips ?

I am playing WoW (www.worldofwarcraft.com) and the True line was recently unusable so I have made a little research and ppl using csloxinfo seems to not have any pbm. So Well I decided to test with a csloxinfo dialup bangkok package costing less than 200 baht, and how surprising the game plays perfectly ... I have made some research using pingplotter seems that true pass by CAT which pass by DACOM (Korea), whereas csloxinfo use their singtel line. The dacom way ends with 20-25% packet loss to us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com, the singtel route has sometimes 1% packet loss. No need to say which is better ....

So I have decided to switch to csloxinfo adsl ... and here the glitches start:

1) the customer supports call me 7 days after my application telling me that my TOT phone number isnt available for adsl, I have a true phone line ... The website says the opposite and a different call to csloxinfo support tells me it s availble. The csloxinfo support advices me to reapply as my TRUE phone line is ready for ADSL.

2) I do reapply 1 day pass and today the phone bells, they tells me that if It s slows with true ADSL it will be slow with CSLOXINFO ADSL ... They try to convince me that as they use the TRUE phone line it will be slow as well if it s slow with true (what the  ###### ???).

3) If I wish to apply csloxinfo i have to stop my asianet (true) and wait 5 days, I cant do that as I use my line for tele-working :o

I m polite so I say "Yes Yes Yes" ... but what should I do ? Continue with modem ? Send an email to csloxinfo customer support ? Meanwhile I start to ring the bell at true network customer support and I will provide  some evidence that the DACOM path isnt the right path to use ...

Any tips ?

I think it's great that you're testing out the waters of cx loxinfo and reporting back here. Please keep us up to date as there's many in the same boat.

Could you confirm that csloxinfo dialup allows you to play WOW very well? I think you said that but I don't want to get my hopes up again :D.

Your situation is very similar to mine. The idea I had but never followed thru on this is to keep asianet phone line with true adsl service and then to request separate tot phone line and install csloxinfo adsl service.

Well this is good news. I am moving house soon as so was going to do this my self as i thing True is also partially to blame. So good to see that this works.

As for the True phone line with Csloxinfo adsl. I think what they are saying is false. as ISP and line providers are completely different, and the phone line is just a medium. I know this holds true (no pun) in Australia where there are only a few phone line suppliers but many many isp all which give different performances.

I did however notice on csloxinfo's web page that if you have a true phone line, the max speed you can get is limited. as where if you had a tot line you could get a higher speed.

edit added link

http://www.csloxinfo.com/adsl/adsl_price_en.asp#ADC

I doubt you will be able to get true to change their routing systems for a game but i wish you the best of luck there.

I would either go the route of using the modem to run your tele-work for the 5 days as try get the new adsl setup...but that is just me.

Have you considered changing to a ToT phone line? just a thought. anyway i will be watching to see how things go as this is almost the same plan i have to get back to my WoW fix.

Good luck

Edited by khunAus

I have sent this to TRUE ... Waiting for an answer, meanwhile I can assure you that

with a cs Bankgok life card 30h using dialup modem i can play WoW perfectly ... Sometimes I have 560ms in game mostly 700ms but it s far better than the 10000 with

true.

I was thinking to send that to cscoms as an explanation why I wana move ... Maybe they would have understand ??

post-8713-1122522358_thumb.jpg

Don't expect to get reply emails from True, Call them up and ask them as it is a more effective way of getting jobs done without having to wait for days.

Well I have two named (not support@...) email, that had replied me at first. If I call

support I wont be able to send them the file and they ll bulshit me with stupid level

1 helpdesk... or ask me to send email to support which I wont get an answer from

(ever happenned to me ...).

I've been using csloxinfo adsl on a TOT line for 5 months and havent had a problem.I had a friend using True on their premium service who said it was terrible.I've heard nothing but bad reports about True and nothing but good about csloxinfo.

pot luck seems to be the answer

Edited by kelv23

I have sent this to TRUE ... Waiting for an answer, meanwhile I can assure you that

with a cs Bankgok life card 30h using dialup modem i can play WoW perfectly ... Sometimes I have 560ms in game mostly 700ms but it s far better than the 10000 with

true.

I was thinking to send that to cscoms as an explanation why I wana move ... Maybe they would have understand ??

Interesting graph.

I am no expert by any means but your graphs support a theory that true is using a filter to improve latency by cutting down on packets. Average latency is much better at true than loxinfo. This works for casual internet user as lost packets are replaced but it kills video games.

We need to gang up on true and start complaining to make them stop dropping packets.

Can you post those two graphs on dslreports and ask experts for their opinion too?

Thanks, Keeps us posted.

true.

Interesting graph.

I am no expert by any means but your graphs support a theory that true is using a filter to improve latency by cutting down on packets. Average latency is much better at true than loxinfo. This works for casual internet user as lost packets are replaced but it kills video games.

We need to gang up on true and start complaining to make them stop dropping packets.

Can you post those two graphs on dslreports and ask experts for their opinion too?

Thanks, Keeps us posted.

I dont know that DSL Report site :o but I d gladly post if you give me the URL.

I think the link is overused and it generate a packet loss, normally I read

packet loss < 8% is acceptable but higher is pretty bad.

I believe also that we are using the DACOM 45Mb link ...

http://www.apnic.net/apnic-bin/whois.pl tells that 211.40.6.205 is

inetnum: 211.40.0.0 - 211.40.255.255

netname: BORANET-NET-211-40

descr: DACOM Corp.

descr: Facility-based Telecommunication Service Provider

descr: providing Internet leased-ine, on-line service, BLL etc.

http://www.cat.net.th/thix/c_map_jul2005.html

Which is obviously overloaded. I have trouble to make myself clear with TRUE.

Wether they dont understand, or they wait the begining of august where usualy

CAT upgrade its link. Which is totaly stupid, wait for the first day of a month to

upgrade...

TRUE tells me that they arent using DACOM link (hum my trace prooves otherwise)

and that they are facing bandwiths shortage and that s not their fault because

they asked for 400Mb and got only 100Mb. Next time they use that excuse again

I ll explain them that next month I cant pay their 1200baht bill because I asked

my boss for 1200 bahts more but he gave me just 300 bahts, so I guess they

wouldnt be ok with just 300bahts ?

Well that s it for now i ll keep you updated.

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your investigation, True Internet are going to recheck with

CAT for this issue since we will not use DACOM link for TRUE ADSL

service.

Best Regards,

Good news though, however I hope they do stick to their pledges since really it would benefit them and us together. So one question though, are they planning to get another link?

Related or not. Today (sunday) i have been able to play most of the day with a normal latency. I usually have 400-500 latency. But with the latest problems the battelgrounds have been off limits totally and everytime I i tried to play in them I would lag spike upto 10k latency as soon as i got near some fighting.

Today I have been able to PVP and do anything as usual with no latency problems whats so ever. All this on a True account.

Maybe this has helped or maybe not , but today atleast it has been back to it's normal self. Been over a month since i have had play this smooth.

Khun Aus.

Edited by khunAus

Related or not.  Today (sunday) i have been able to play most of the day with a normal latency.  I usually have 400-500 latency.  But with the latest problems the battelgrounds have been off limits totally and everytime I i tried to play in them I would lag spike upto 10k latency as soon as i got near some fighting.

Today I have been able to PVP and do anything as usual with no latency problems whats so ever.  All this on a True account.

Maybe this has helped or maybe not , but today atleast it has been back to it's normal self.  Been over a month since i have had play this smooth.

Khun Aus.

Yes Same here ... my true line was playable this past few days also the route has changed :o so maybe that s the reason why we get better performance. Still no answer from true.

Edited by Deksan