Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so that would give me yet ANOTHER Honda Jacket, but this one WOULD say "CBR"on it. Yeah, like that's important. Aside from the regular jackets, I also bought one with the safety padding at the elbows, shoulders and down the back.

I'm just wondering if they're also giving new helmets. When I bought my old CBR, the last year they made them, they gave me a pretty good INDEX full helmet. But then I bought two others, also INDEX, that have the dual shield - clear outer shield, tinted inner shield, and gave the CBR helmet to my wife's cousin when he bought my CBR. The INDEX is better than most of the crap they sell here, but still looking for something better. The Kawasaki dealer has some good ones, so maybe I'll just go there.

Sorry Just1Voice but INDEX helmets are crap, quite good and well priced local brand is REAL....

Didn't say they were great, but only better than the normal crap I found. So where can I file REAL in Chiang Mai?

Edited by Just1Voice

Sorry Just1Voice but INDEX helmets are crap, quite good and well priced local brand is REAL....

Didn't say they were great, but only better than the normal crap I found. So where can I file REAL in Chiang Mai?

You can order Real helmets through email, they charge 200 baht extra for packing and EMS and I got mine 2 days later. I'm very happy with it for the money.

Off topic, but I would not buy a skid lid if I could not try it on first, which rules out buying one from a website. With my limited experience, different brands and different models fit differently.

Off topic, but I would not buy a skid lid if I could not try it on first, which rules out buying one from a website. With my limited experience, different brands and different models fit differently.

Agreed. When I bought the two INDEX helmets, although they are supposed to be exactly the same size, according to the factory sticker, the black one I bought for me,is actually slightly larger than the white one I bought for my wife.

Just about anywhere can you find Real helmets.. any helmet shop. One I know of is on the road to the Warorot morning market - take a left off the moat on the last u turn before Tapae gate, then the shop is on the right hand side just before the left bend in the road. Maybe 100m down from the moat. Kawasaki dealer on the moat used to have some. And I am sure lots of other helmet shops. There is no need to order online when you're in Chiang Mai. You can try them on. Make sure it's tight, and keep it on your head for at least 5 minutes, then check for pressure points, red marks anywhere.

I made the mistake to not do that when I bought my first Arai - fit perfectly, except I get a red spot on my forehead when I wear it longer than half an hour. If I wear it, say, all day, I get a terrible headache and can't wear it for another week at least. Not good. Size L 59-60 cm if you're interested ;)

Most helmet makers make round shaped helmets of a certain size - Real puts the size on the helmet in centimeters too. Arai is the only one to make different shapes - round, a bit oval, and oval. I now have an oval fit model of the same size as my previous one, it's perfect.

I know the Kawi shop has some good one as I've checked them out when I was looking at the Ninja 250, and there are 2 other shops (both owned by the same man) that i know of that carry a large selection of different brands and models. I like the ones with the dual visors (clear & sunscreen), because I have to wear glasses when I drive, and clip-on sunglasses don't really work that well. And DEFINITELY have to "try before I buy". That's a must.

Apparently the problem is that the free jacket they promised with every bike has been held up in customs; no jacket, no bike! :lol:

post-70604-0-22134700-1290055723_thumb.j

No, no.

Honda are waiting for a starlet to showcase the CBR in a protracted soap that will spearhead the launch of a new thai CBR250R Club which in turn will demonstrate demand levels prior to release... that's if the jackets turn up on time :whistling:

Apparently the problem is that the free jacket they promised with every bike has been held up in customs; no jacket, no bike! :lol:

No, no.

Honda are waiting for a starlet to showcase the CBR in a protracted soap that will spearhead the launch of a new thai CBR250R Club which in turn will demonstrate demand levels prior to release... that's if the jackets turn up on time :whistling:

Hehe you are close to the mark.....Honda did in fact have a "Pretty Boy Super Star" make the official release at the Honda Fun Fest.

The large crowd gathered around more to see him than the bike!! Dont ask me who he was......I have no idea and wasnt interested in finding out.

To me the bikes were much better looking than him!! (and more intelligent)

My local Honda shop mentioned mid december for the 250. They were excited to tell me the news as I have been bugging them for over a year when there were rumours of the VTR.

As a side note they had big glossy brochures of accesories for the new cbr150. They have nice tank bags, carbon fibre do dads, jackets etc. I ordered a tank bag and gas tank protectors(stickers) but they will not arrive till mid december. The tank bags seemed to be a very good price.

Just1voice, how do you like the Honda jacket with the padded elbows? does it seem good quality?

marcus

My local Honda shop mentioned mid december for the 250. They were excited to tell me the news as I have been bugging them for over a year when there were rumours of the VTR.

As a side note they had big glossy brochures of accesories for the new cbr150. They have nice tank bags, carbon fibre do dads, jackets etc. I ordered a tank bag and gas tank protectors(stickers) but they will not arrive till mid december. The tank bags seemed to be a very good price.

Just1voice, how do you like the Honda jacket with the padded elbows? does it seem good quality?

marcus

I bought the black one with protective padding at the elbows, shoulders and down the back. It's comfortable while riding, and also give me a sense of protective comfort as well. And being nylon, it's not as hot as a full leather one would be. It's a good jacket and I like it...but...I'm also want to do some "road trips" in a couple of months, and there is a shop I know that has the full leathers, along with boots, so I'll probably go that route.

Dean

No, no.

Welcome aboard 'Mutley'! Yes, and at one stage the evil brother-in-law who rides a Ninja 250 (Black of course) is killed when his Ninja blows up from mechanical failure! :lol: As with all lakorn (thai soapie) the mother-in-law spends the whole series yelling, the ex-girlfriend spends the whole series screaming, and our hero's sister is slightly crazed and wanders around waving a gun at people that p_iss her off!

Just about anywhere can you find Real helmets.. any helmet shop. One I know of is on the road to the Warorot morning market - take a left off the moat on the last u turn before Tapae gate, then the shop is on the right hand side just before the left bend in the road. Maybe 100m down from the moat. Kawasaki dealer on the moat used to have some. And I am sure lots of other helmet shops. There is no need to order online when you're in Chiang Mai. You can try them on. Make sure it's tight, and keep it on your head for at least 5 minutes, then check for pressure points, red marks anywhere.

I made the mistake to not do that when I bought my first Arai - fit perfectly, except I get a red spot on my forehead when I wear it longer than half an hour. If I wear it, say, all day, I get a terrible headache and can't wear it for another week at least. Not good. Size L 59-60 cm if you're interested ;)

Most helmet makers make round shaped helmets of a certain size - Real puts the size on the helmet in centimeters too. Arai is the only one to make different shapes - round, a bit oval, and oval. I now have an oval fit model of the same size as my previous one, it's perfect.

I like the Real Helmet; just make sure that it is DOT rated as one or 2 of their helmets is not. For the first time i was able to try a Small size and it fitted well. For many shops in Thailand selling helmets when i've asked for a smaller size they reply by saying 'Free size'!

Well it can take some time for the manuscript to come down from the marketing bunker in the deserts of ISSAN. And with the floods that may have delayed the slow boat. rolleyes.gif

I blame APe Honda for this forum going off topic, if they actually released some info or put a few bikes out to see we could actually talk about the bike! :D

Went into the main branch in Pattaya yesterday. They seem to have got the script from APe now; "next month, 100k, ABS about 115k". Still no definite dates or definite price on the ABS model. I can understand the date issue if they are having problems, but no price for a bike they were supposed to release already is a a joke. Last week when i went into the showroom some guy i'd never seen before and not wearing the uniform served me (i assumed he was upper management). He said there is only one model being released and it is the ABS version for 100k! He even took me to talk with the head mechanic who had been on a course to service the 250 who confirmed this. He was quite happy for me to put a deposit down and although i was tempted i am waitingfor clarification of the ABS price. I'd be happy to order an ABS version now and wait a month or 2 for delivery.

I think i will almost definitely probably buy the CBR250. I think it is a good all rounder for use in Thailand; with its low torque, small to medium size, ABS brakes, okay power (hopefully the 26HP quoted is at the wheel, which will be the same as the Ninja 250). Easy for city driving to get around traffic jams (though i image the CBR150 would be better for that) and for touring.

I've been playing around with colours on the CBR250. I've put a heap up elsewhere on the net (don't think i allowed to put the link up) but here is a few.

post-70604-0-25056200-1290136160_thumb.j

post-70604-0-38357700-1290136237_thumb.j

post-70604-0-52744400-1290136264_thumb.j

Hey Taichi. I loved the white CBR photo shop one you did for me here.

http://tigersachsclub.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=324&start=130

The reason i can't have a RED bike is the fortune teller told the missus it's unlucky.

I like white. But i would have additional expense.. The missus is checking to see if silver is ok. rolleyes.gif

I've been playing around with colours on the CBR250. I've put a heap up elsewhere on the net (don't think i allowed to put the link up) but here is a few.

http://tigersachsclu...t=324&start=130

The reason i can't have a RED bike is the fortune teller told the missus it's unlucky.

I like white. But i would have additional expense.. The missus is checking to see if silver is ok. rolleyes.gif

Thaichi, I cracked up laughing when you said what you did about red and the missus. Mine says red is out because I was born on a Monday, and red cars and red motorbikes are unlucky for me. Black, White & Blue are all good, and the tri-color with a LITTLE red is ok, but not a predominately red bike. And I learned a long time ago not to argue with, or dispute, her Buddhist beliefs if I want any peace in this family. lol

http://tigersachsclu...t=324&start=130

I have just resprayed my CBR400 in white, but used "White Pearl" and I have to say it makes plain white look dead in comparison. The base colour was white and looked ok...until I did the pearl coat over, then clear coat. the difference was so dramatic. In fact I added a quick flick of Gold Pearl over the white to finish and u get an effect like shot silk where the colours change on different angles. Everyone that sees it says WOW!!

No camera shot available yet sorry, maybe tomorrow.

My 250 will be the 2 tone metallic silver I think, looks very classy. My Opinion of course.

Edited by visions

A bit off topic, but hope the mods will give me a little leeway on this.

Many Thai, ESPECIALLY those of the female persuasion, are extremely superstitious. As ThaiChai mentioned, and I also noted, red motorbikes (and cars) are out because for me, being born on a Monday, red is unlucky, where as for Thaichi, his wife had fortune teller say the same about him and red.

Another one is while I can buy a bike any day of the week, I can ONLY take delivery of it on a MONDAY. It would seem a lot of Thai believe this, as I've noticed the Honda showroom in C.M. loading up bikes for delivery on Monday mornings, but seldom during the rest of the week.

Ok, end of subject.

:whistling:

Visions, your CBR400 colour sounds great, looking forward to a photo.

As thaicbr said i already own a happy red and gold Wave. :P Although i can have a red bike/car (just waiting to win the lottery to get a Ferrari) I have to take any new bike to a Wat in North Pattaya and have it blessed. Not a believer of this sort of stuff, but no harm in doing it. I'll be counting more on the ABS brakes to help me out!! Oh, but i can't have a haircut on Wednesday (most of the thai barbers are closed on that day anyway!):)

The above photos are ones that have been photoshopped by me. Here is another of the CBR250R that i did for mbox at Tiger Sachs to celebrate Red Bull winning the F1 Championships!

post-70604-0-92430700-1290142750_thumb.j

Edited by taichiplanet

Visions.. did you paint it yourself or get a shop to do it.. either way can you PM info to me. if you did it are you interested in doing others.. if shop where and how much..

Thanks Allan

I did it myself. While I am not a professional painter I have had more years of experience than I care to admit.....was part and parcel of my main business in my own country. (not bikes)

Although I did mine, I'm not really in a position to do other resprays.

But I can point you where to get the pearl additives etc......just added to clear. (Not expensive, big range of colours etc)

Iv'e just had a guy (Thai) from a bike modify shop in, and even he said WOW so it must look ok.

The above photos are ones that have been photoshopped by me. Here is another of the CBR250R that i did for mbox at Tiger Sachs to celebrate Red Bull winning the F1 Championships!

Oh I like that too!! Looks nice. maybe Honda here may get some inspirations ??? (ok Im joking.... thats not likely to happen)

Wish I had your expertise with PS..... One field Im sadly lacking in... unfortunately these days

Visions, your CBR400 colour sounds great, looking forward to a photo.

As thaicbr said i already own a happy red and gold Wave. :P Although i can have a red bike/car (just waiting to win the lottery to get a Ferrari) I have to take any new bike to a Wat in North Pattaya and have it blessed. Not a believer of this sort of stuff, but no harm in doing it. I'll be counting more on the ABS brakes to help me out!! Oh, but i can't have a haircut on Wednesday (most of the thai barbers are closed on that day anyway!):)

New bikes, new car, doesn't matter, from dealer straight to Wat for blessing. lol

Oh I like that too!! Looks nice. maybe Honda here may get some inspirations ??? (ok Im joking.... thats not likely to happen)

Wish I had your expertise with PS..... One field Im sadly lacking in... unfortunately these days

I'd rather be able to paint the real thing! I keep learning PS as i play with it, sometimes something works out okay but other times not; i can copy and paste but i can't create.

I noticed on that video of the Indian journo walking around the CBR250R at Bira that he mentioned maybe they will bring it out in HRC colours. I am not sure if that means Repsol colours or the HRC white. Maybe they will do a Casey Stoner replica to celebrate him joining Honda for 2011 (and hopefully winning the Championship!). This shot was taken at Valencia testing where he topped the time sheet. Not sure if they will keep this paint scheme for 2011. Thaicbr, is it alright to have a red 'roo? :lol:

post-70604-0-36800500-1290145057_thumb.j

After you lot mentioning bad luck colors, I decided to check out what does and does not work for me. Apparantly based on birth date both black and dark green are no nos for me, but low and behold grey is my official lucky colour. :D Unfortunately, with saving up for my house, a bike for myself is out of the question for the time being. :crying: I will be limited to getting my kicks vicariously through this thread. :clap2:

Helmet -

While we attend APHonda, let me, please, thank Nikster for directions to a shop in Chiang Mai which sells (among many, many, other things - mostly to Thais) Real Helmets.

I was allowed to try on several sizes and types (Dot, ECE) and finally asked for a color (white - I'm see and be seen) and in the shuffle was asked to pay 12,500 for helmet and an extra visor. I was so delighted that I forgot to negotiate, as the first Real's I saw were only 12,000. I find with little testing that the optics and air exchange are very good indeed.

Place is E from the moat on Chang Moi Road, just - as indicated - before the slight bend to the left, on the right side. I'm sure there are other places in town, but this one avoids mails and allows testing for size. Thanks,

Helmet -

While we attend APHonda, let me, please, thank Nikster for directions to a shop in Chiang Mai which sells (among many, many, other things - mostly to Thais) Real Helmets.

I was allowed to try on several sizes and types (Dot, ECE) and finally asked for a color (white - I'm see and be seen) and in the shuffle was asked to pay 12,500 for helmet and an extra visor.  I was so delighted that I forgot to negotiate, as the first Real's I saw were only 12,000.  I find with little testing that the optics and air exchange are very good indeed.  

Place is E from the moat on Chang Moi Road, just - as indicated - before the slight bend to the left, on the right side.  I'm sure there are other places in town, but this one avoids mails and allows testing for size.  Thanks,

I hope to God that the prices in RED ARE A TYPO. CMX you surely meant you PAID 1,500 baht instead of 1,000b........... :rolleyes::whistling::D