Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Ok, if I'm reading this right, and I may not be, are you saying I can replace the stock bulb with a 35watt HID/xenon and not have to make changes, etc, to the wiring?

I may be an expert in some things, but in others..................ok, we won't go there.

Dont know if bayonettte HID/xenon are available. If they are heat in reflector will be same, so no heat problem. Light will be 3-4 times bayonette 35 watt, and with a non accurate lightpattern, others will be very much blinded on low beam.

If voltage in on ballast is 12,7 volt when engine running, exisiting wires can be used. If not a new 2,5mm2 wire from battery to relay takes 10 minutes to install. hardest job is to take seat off ;)

The 35 watt bayonette are old school bulbs, the light output is lower week by week until it gets black in a year or two. Replacing it every 3 months and improve powersupply by upgrading wires, at least optimal bayonette 35 watt light is achieved

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian. the standard Cbr headlight bulb is a H3 halogen....correct, But what wattage is it.

In the parts manual it is listed as a 12V 35/35W bulb. They have the code HS1 next to it. Nothing about H3 though.

It is a non Halogen high and low beam bulb in bayonette socket, same as a 21/5 watt brake light and rear light.

as such, light output is reduced week by week, and replacing it often keeps light output up to date

Osram seems to be the best quality supplier on these bulbs

Brian. the standard Cbr headlight bulb is a H3 halogen....correct, But what wattage is it.

In the parts manual it is listed as a 12V 35/35W bulb. They have the code HS1 next to it. Nothing about H3 though.

In which case it may be for the rest of the world bikes.. I think They have H4 ( Honda India website says)). So dumb to have 2 different sorts.

Brian.. can you conform this... maybe find out how much for the other type.

Edited by thaicbr

In which case it may be for the rest of the world bikes.. I think They have H4 ( Honda India website says)). So dumb to have 2 different sorts.

Brian.. can you conform this... maybe find out how much for the other type.

different specs for different markets, like all makers. In TH they get away with cheap bayonette, so they do, kwaker dtracker same.

in other markets proper light required

http://www.boschindia.com/content/language1/html/7812.htm

HS1 bulb

HS1 is a new range halogen bulb with a PX 43t fitting. The only difference between the HS1 and an H4 halogen bulb, is that the middle pin at the base is 1-2mm thicker. Hence the notation PX 43t compared to P43t. The HS1 will become the standard bulb for all new 2 wheelers launched.

Lamp Type Voltage Wattage Lumens Base MRP

HS1 12 35/35 825/525 PX43t 79.50

http://www.boschindi...1/html/7812.htm

HS1 bulb

HS1 is a new range halogen bulb with a PX 43t fitting. The only difference between the HS1 and an H4 halogen bulb, is that the middle pin at the base is 1-2mm thicker. Hence the notation PX 43t compared to P43t. The HS1 will become the standard bulb for all new 2 wheelers launched.

Guess Bosch need to update their site, as the smallest H4 available for 40 years has been and still is (even from Bosch) 55/60watt, while HS1 is 35/35 watt. So HS1 and H4 are very different.

New standard. Nope, H7 has taken over much of the H4 market, as they need less space (smaller bulb) with same light, 55/60 watt

HS1 bulb

Guess Bosch need to update their site, as the smallest H4 available for 40 years has been and still is (even from Bosch) 55/60watt, while HS1 is 35/35 watt. So HS1 and H4 are very different.

New standard. Nope, H7 has taken over much of the H4 market, as they need less space (smaller bulb) with same light, 55/60 watt

Seems to be a halogen lamp mainly designed for scooters and / or smallish bikes. So bearing in mind that the above description comes from the Bosch India website, they are probably kinda correct talking about the Indian motorbike market.

Osram HS1 Silverstar

Edited by snorkelador

HS1 bulb

Maybe someone else needs to update their knowledge :whistling:

There are myriad H4 35W bulbs on the market. Try google.

http://www.scooterworks.com/Bulb_Halogen_H4_35_35_Watt-P1864C123.aspx

http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/12-volt-35watt-h4-headlight-bulb.html

http://www.partsforscooters.com/138-__HID__Xenon__Light__Kit

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=h4+35+35+watt&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1366&bih=624&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4017948422381069260&sa=X&ei=Q530TYXSLsriiAKo_92UBw&ved=0CCQQ8wIwAg

HS1 bulb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:KDS4444/HS1_bulb

Actually H4 Bulbs can be used in HS1 sockets, but not the other around. So no they are not different other than the center pin on the HS1 is 1-2mm thicker than an H4 to prevent it's use in Automobiles.

HS1 bulb

Seems to be a halogen lamp mainly designed for scooters and / or smallish bikes. So bearing in mind that the above description comes from the Bosch India website, they are probably kinda correct talking about the Indian motorbike market.

Osram HS1 Silverstar

HS1 is a world standard and available everywhere. It's not India specific.

HS1 bulb

Maybe someone else needs to update their knowledge :whistling:

There are myriad H4 35W bulbs on the market. Try google.

http://www.scooterwo...-P1864C123.aspx

http://www.monstersc...light-bulb.html

http://www.partsfors...non__Light__Kit

http://www.google.co...ved=0CCQQ8wIwAg

Thanks for updating my knowledge :jap:

at lest we have revealed cbr250 can use and have available plug and play xenon/HID kits for existing socket and reflector. Not bad :)

HS1 bulb

Osram HS1 Silverstar

if all bikes currently using bayonette 30/30 will be using HS1 35/35 Halogen, the world will be much brighter :)

H7 as used on most dual frontlight big bikes, still provides much more light tho

and HS1, H4, H7 HID/xenon even more :D

HS1 bulb

Osram HS1 Silverstar

if all bikes currently using bayonette 30/30 will be using HS1 35/35 Halogen, the world will be much brighter :)

H7 as used on most dual frontlight big bikes, still provides much more light tho

and HS1, H4, H7 HID/xenon even more :D

It's always nice to have more light :jap:

Hi there. I just got back from my local Honda dealer and they want 115.000 for for a non-abs cbr. Is that a fair price? Sorry if it has been discussed on this forum, but i do not have the time to read 134 pages.

Jan

Only you can really answer that question.

Is it worth 115,000 of your hard earned cash? Depends how hard you worked for it and how much of it you have. I bought mine for 110k when supply was minimal. I was about a month away from buying the ninjette so when it was released and offered to me I jumped at it, as it's better for my riding - mostly in the city, often two up.

If I was left bikeless now and had to buy again, I'd probably pay 115k if I couldn't find it cheaper, and they threw in some gear - a good helmet for one. Depends on your bike budget. If it stretches close to 200k I'd go for a used N650. If you're happy to pay 115k, go for it.

So, is this meaning we can switch our lights to an HS1, H4, H7 HID/xenon, providing we can find them here, or online?

didnt you have a cbr 150 with bayonette 30/30?

if you do have HS1, I would take out bulb and bring it to HID/xenon dealer to check new H4 HID bulb isnt to long. bikes have very small reflectors

So, is this meaning we can switch our lights to an HS1, H4, H7 HID/xenon, providing we can find them here, or online?

if you do have HS1, I would take out bulb and bring it to HID/xenon dealer to check new H4 HID bulb isnt to long. bikes have very small reflectors

Yes, that's what I've got. Now just have to find an HID/xenon dealer here in Chiang Mai and I'll check it out.

Thanks

Hi there. I just got back from my local Honda dealer and they want 115.000 for for a non-abs cbr. Is that a fair price? Sorry if it has been discussed on this forum, but i do not have the time to read 134 pages.

Jan

Only you can really answer that question.

Is it worth 115,000 of your hard earned cash? Depends how hard you worked for it and how much of it you have. I bought mine for 110k when supply was minimal. I was about a month away from buying the ninjette so when it was released and offered to me I jumped at it, as it's better for my riding - mostly in the city, often two up.

If I was left bikeless now and had to buy again, I'd probably pay 115k if I couldn't find it cheaper, and they threw in some gear - a good helmet for one. Depends on your bike budget. If it stretches close to 200k I'd go for a used N650. If you're happy to pay 115k, go for it.

I am not bikeless. I have a Yamaha Dragstar 1100, but that is useless in city traffic. I have to go from Theparak Road in Samut Prakarn all the way down Srinakarin Road to Ramkhamheng Road 3 times a week. I have done it on the Yamaha for the last 5 months now but it is not ideal with the rain starting. But anywau back to my question, it is not a total rip off if you paid a 110.000 B and this dealer is like 500 m from my house so there is also the lazy factor to consider :rolleyes:

Jan

Yes, that's what I've got. Now just have to find an HID/xenon dealer here in Chiang Mai and I'll check it out.

Thanks

Tell me if you do J1V, been meaning to change mine as well... Still can't find a place to get LED turn lights here...

HS1 bulb

Osram HS1 Silverstar

Osram yes, the other series of Osram bulbs which emit 'day' like yellowish light are better about 20% brighter.. The silverstar arent much of an improvement and are rather dim because of the shade.

The CBR 150 gets the power for the lights directly from the alternator, so the voltage isnt constant.

The best solution is to install a 3rd light under the front fairing straight to the battery and install a switch. The light problem is because of the poorly designed parabolic reflector in the headlight housing, not because of the bulbs and voltage itself although those dont help much either.

A piddly 250?! Your hypocrisy amazes me! You recently posted that your own first bike here in Thailand was a 250cc (couldn't afford the imports :D)

One of the torque-less porkies-for-posers wasn't it. Had one of those next to me a few days ago with a pillion on it. You should have seen it try to take off. :o:D I almost felt bad for them when I decided to shoot off.

A piddly 250?! Your hypocrisy amazes me! You recently posted that your own first bike here in Thailand was a 250cc (couldn't afford the imports :D)

One of the torque-less porkies-for-posers wasn't it. Had one of those next to me a few days ago with a pillion on it. You should have seen it try to take off. :o:D I almost felt bad for them when I decided to shoot off.

as you are so funny today, there is no way "to shoot off" riding cbr 250 :lol: :lol:

anyway, recieved a large Honda tank bag by EMS from Sumetcycle today. Taking it for a ride, and will let you know how I like it