Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might be on to something with the dyno, ThaiCBR. I can't seem to find it on their website. A late April Fool's joke perhaps? Wow 14,000, that's a big difference.

Stu, do you know how the customs fees work when importing exhausts and related products? Just curious, I've never done it before? Drinks are on me if you find the bar!

Looks like i was wrong about the dyno.. i just had the same one emailed to me from the supplier in the UK... I gotta say i'm VERY impressed with the response time from these guys.

BUT the dyno does seem a tad high none the less compared to the few others that i've seen.

So taxes and postage + 270 pounds sterling what would one be looking at to get one sent over from the UK?

If they declare it as worth 100 pounds you pay 30 tax, 7% VAT would be around 25 pounds, so 325 pounds before shipping and the tax on shipping, which is usually how much on a pipe sent from the UK?

Edited by hehehoho

So taxes and postage + 270 pounds sterling what would one be looking at to get one sent over from the UK?

If they declare it as worth 100 pounds you pay 30 tax, 7% VAT would be around 25 pounds, so 325 pounds before shipping and the tax on shipping, which is usually how much on a pipe sent from the UK?

dunno about shipping. why don't you ask them. i would imagine your looking at about 6-7 kilo's for shipping purpose. also do not forget that some sellers will take off the 20% UK V.A.T if delivered outside the EU.

parcel force is 87.30 up to 5kg's and 124.30 uk pounds up to 10 kg's

dunno about shipping. why don't you ask them. i would imagine your looking at about 6-7 kilo's for shipping purpose. also do not forget that some sellers will take off the 20% UK V.A.T if delivered outside the EU.

Problem is if they ship Parcel Force from the UK it will be delivered to you by UPS here in Thailand and you can be assured they will gouge you on the taxes, fees, services charges, etc... If delivered by UPS you should add between 35-50% on top of the declared value PLUS shipping cost.

Never use UPS! Due to the extreme taxes you'll incur using the service. Also they will charge you storage (extortion) while you try to settle the absurd taxes duties and storage. UPS is basically a BIG scam here in Thailand. Best to use EMS unless you really want to get cheated. I remember once they were trying to get me for 250% of the value on a drysuit but I never picked up the suit as it was cheaper to just buy another and have it shipped EMS. My mistake. I imagine they must have sold that suit to the highest bidder however it was an XXL and there's not much demand in Thailand for drysuits.jap.gif

Edited by fullcave

Problem is if they ship Parcel Force from the UK it will be delivered to you by UPS here in Thailand and you can be assured they will gouge you on the taxes, fees, services charges, etc... If delivered by UPS you should add between 35-50% on top of the declared value PLUS shipping cost.

Really!!!! I think if you choose the priority/ 3 day one maybe. But if you use the longer one then it's thai post. I have had stuff sent from the UK that arrived by thaipost. Maybe that was sent royal mail (not sure)

Buy it from America and make sure they send it via USPS Priority. The exhaust will be

cheaper and shipping too.

the Remus can is 499 US so it's actually more expensive... shipping may be cheaper though.

Really!!!! I think if you choose the priority/ 3 day one maybe. But if you use the longer one then it's thai post. I have had stuff sent from the UK that arrived by thaipost. Maybe that was sent royal mail (not sure)

use EMS in both countries, cost less and usually skips custom. EMS in TH is run by the postoffices

Thanks. 26,500thb... that's the thing, I don't think I'd be comfortable spending virtually 25% of the what the bike cost on a pipe. Especially with used Er-6n's as low as 145k nowadays.

Same here, the Remus one looks very nice but I prefer the sound of my 5,900 baht exhaust

so wouldn't pay another 20,000baht just for aesthetics!

Your exhaust is very nice, but are you seriously comparing a locally made exhaust to an Austrian made Remus? I think the price difference comes down to a bit more than aesthetics. Engineering, research and development, top grade materials, and quality workmanship come to mind. They also provide a dynograph to back up their performance claims.

I fail to see why an Austrian product would be any better than a thai made product.

That dyno graph is interesting. they are claiming over 3hp increase for a slip on pipe!!!!!

are they? i don´t think so.i wish - but they realy don´t.....:(

the power output numbers, they show in the upper left corner of the graph claim a power gain of 0.6 hp and a plus of 0.3 nm torque..: TOO LITTLE - SOO LATE - SOO MUCH MONEY :annoyed:

!! NO 3 HP TO BE FOUND HERE!!!

sounds much better than the stock pipe though

i´ll wait a bit more. i don´t understand why it is soo hard to find some extra power in the exhaust system. even the removal of the catalytic system should bring more then 0.6 hp????? no exhaust proves to bring extra hp´s jet...

i realy don´t get it. can someone please explain?

cheers

The 3 HP is at the lower end. Look at the graph from 0-60 kph. You are correct though, that at the peak point of the graph, the stock and mod numbers are pretty close.

0-60 Kph = 0-37.29 Mph

So the exhaust is only effective at these speeds? We'll atleast you can get to 7-11 faster.

Aren't aftermarket exhaust illegal in Thailand? Might not even make it past customs unless you lie on the declaration, then if they inspect it you're probably screwed.

0-60 Kph = 0-37.29 Mph

So the exhaust is only effective at these speeds? We'll atleast you can get to 7-11 faster.

Sweet. Sounds good on a bike that doesn't need the top speed increased beyond it's indicated 160+kph.

0-60 Kph = 0-37.29 Mph

Sweet. Sounds good on a bike that doesn't need the top speed increased beyond it's indicated 160+kph.

Then whats the point in paying $500 USD?

$500 to go faster between 0-37 Mph. :ermm:...i aint feeling it.

Aren't aftermarket exhaust illegal in Thailand?

Nope.

Aftermarket exhaust that increase sound past set guidelines and increase emissions have always been illegal from what i remember, it just depends on when the cops set up check points to enforce the law.

Dont know where you got 'nope' from.

Nope.

Changing exhaust on a cbr250, a homoleg bike, is only legal if approved by DLT and noted in reg books page 18.

The exhaust changes emission and noise, making it illegal on public roads.

First scheduled check is at 5 year old. Then you will need stock exhaust at DLT, so keep it. It costs a fortune as spare part, due to cat containing platinum

However law is not always enforced in LOS :)

0-60 Kph = 0-37.29 Mph

Then whats the point in paying $500 USD?

$500 to go faster between 0-37 Mph. :ermm:...i aint feeling it.

Maybe 160+kph if you weigh 50kg :rolleyes: I've seen 153 indicated on mine yesterday when I tucked in to see what it would do. Reckon it might have hit 155kph but ran out of road. Easily pulls 140kph in normal riding, I'm 92kg.

Nope.

Aftermarket exhaust that increase sound past set guidelines and increase emissions have always been illegal from what i remember.

Yes, if they break regulation.

Not all aftermarket exhausts automatically break regulations.

So no, aftermarket exhausts are not illegal. Only if they break emission and dB regulations.

So no, aftermarket exhausts are not illegal. Only if they break emission and dB regulations.

Not correct

ANY change of exhaust system on a homoleg bike is illegal, unless aproved and reg in books page 18, which is hard as TH emission requirements for bikes is extremely strict

A homoleg bike is approved with one particular partnumber exhaust ONLY. If Honda wants to change exhaust on cbr 250 for next model year, new or updated homoleg is required.

Aftermarket exhaust that increase sound past set guidelines and increase emissions have always been illegal from what i remember.

Whether the law defines the guideline as a limitation or if simply altering it at any level is an illegal act is the question. More than likely its defined on both levels.

Personally i dont give a rip about the law, never have probably never will. I just turn it down when i pass small children and old people.

Whether the law defines the guideline as a limitation or if simply altering it at any level is an illegal act is the question. More than likely its defined on both levels.

Personally i dont give a rip about the law, never have probably never will. I just turn it down when i pass small children and old people.

I keep the speed down when approaching old folk and kids but keep the noise nice and load as it's old folk with dodgy ears and kids without a care in the world who need to know you are coming. That goes for Dogs, Chickens, Cows, Buffalo etc as well

Thanks. 26,500thb... that's the thing, I don't think I'd be comfortable spending virtually 25% of the what the bike cost on a pipe. Especially with used Er-6n's as low as 145k nowadays.

Same here, the Remus one looks very nice but I prefer the sound of my 5,900 baht exhaust

so wouldn't pay another 20,000baht just for aesthetics!

Your exhaust is very nice, but are you seriously comparing a locally made exhaust to an Austrian made Remus? I think the price difference comes down to a bit more than aesthetics. Engineering, research and development, top grade materials, and quality workmanship come to mind. They also provide a dynograph to back up their performance claims.

I fail to see why an Austrian product would be any better than a thai made product.

So you fail to see how a unit that is designed and made by a renowned Exhaust company, tested and improved on a dyno is any better than a Thai made unit that is manufactured in a shop house in Bkk, oh and never seen a dyno.........................ok then.

Not correct

ANY change of exhaust system on a homoleg bike is illegal, unless aproved and reg in books page 18, which is hard as TH emission requirements for bikes is extremely strict

A homoleg bike is approved with one particular partnumber exhaust ONLY. If Honda wants to change exhaust on cbr 250 for next model year, new or updated homoleg is required.

This does not make them illegal.

If they adhere to the regulations and are registered in the book they are perfectly legal.

Also, having one in a box is not illegal, you're not likely to be done for possession of an illegal object. :rolleyes:

Aren't aftermarket exhaust illegal in Thailand? Might not even make it past customs unless you lie on the declaration, then if they inspect it you're probably screwed.

There's nothing illegal about the exhaust, it's where you use it that may be a problem. Thailand has extremely strict emissions regulations and some rather strict noise regulations as well. Of course they are rarely enforced, but they do exist. I don't know of any aftermarket exhaust that is road legal in Thailand. Of course a smile and a bill or two if usually enough to speed you on your way :jap: