Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Not all aftermarket exhausts automatically break regulations.

So no, aftermarket exhausts are not illegal. Only if they break emission and dB regulations.

Not correct

ANY change of exhaust system on a homoleg bike is illegal, unless aproved and reg in books page 18, which is hard as TH emission requirements for bikes is extremely strict

A homoleg bike is approved with one particular partnumber exhaust ONLY. If Honda wants to change exhaust on cbr 250 for next model year, new or updated homoleg is required.

This does not make them illegal.

If they adhere to the regulations and are registered in the book they are perfectly legal.

Also, having one in a box is not illegal, you're not likely to be done for possession of an illegal object. :rolleyes:

agree, nothing makes exhaust can illegal

but bike becomes illegal to use on public roads

If you can show me one slipon or aftermarket exhaust containing cat and providing same emission as stock cbr250, it can be approved and noted in books page 18. However non such exiisting exhaust system available

and as said, these laws are not strictly enforced, bareley enforced at DLT at annual check, never seen it enforced on ownership transfer.

In fact I had colorchange on my Ninja650 inspected by DLT with hooligan loud 2bros installed, and all they wanted to know was how much for can :)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just installed a xenon projector on my bike. Here is a link to the Youtube video:

I'll post another video when it gets dark out later. The new headlight housing is 1,600, and the xenon set up is 2,500 + 500 for installation.

Just had an email from Screaming Demon exhausts (who are also the dealer for Ixil) in Australia, prices aren't bad when you consider they are full system and shipping from Oz shouldn't be too much.

'They just came in this morning, qoutes below are for the full system

exhaust to suit 2011 CBR250R, delivery withing Australia is included

in the price.

IXIL Xtrem Black or INOX Oval $549

IXIL Xtrem Carbon Oval $649

SD-R Black Oval $499

SD-R Stainless Oval $499'

Just had an email from Screaming Demon exhausts (who are also the dealer for Ixil) in Australia, prices aren't bad when you consider they are full system and shipping from Oz shouldn't be too much.

'They just came in this morning, qoutes below are for the full system

exhaust to suit 2011 CBR250R, delivery withing Australia is included

in the price.

IXIL Xtrem Black or INOX Oval $549

IXIL Xtrem Carbon Oval $649

SD-R Black Oval $499

SD-R Stainless Oval $499'

Any dyno graphs available ???

Just spoke to Koko at Sportisi in Indonesia.

Their CBr base lined at just over 20hp and after a FULL exhaust AND Power commander they achieved just over 25hp. (they did say that their DYNO is super accurate/top of the range. And that some dyno's are "happy" dyno's.

They also said that they have noticed anything up to 1hp difference in different CBR's tested (it was about 1.5hp on the ninja. blue printed.carb/jetted full exhaust ninja 31hp)

The full exhaust should be available next month at about 360 US $.

I would actually like DBS to get his sh+t together and get his pipe on the dyno and tweaked

Edited by thaicbr

Where this thread is headed is paying a lot for a CBR 250R, taking into consideration the short supply and resulting cost (+15 or 20K above the "suggested" price in some cases) and then modding it with enough stuff that the same baht would purchase any 250 Ninja that is sold here. Also, many schemes mentioned would put one within striking distance of an ER-6n, well, rather a long one, but....

Of course, any bike situation is similar, but when my expenditures for a single cylinder modded bike overtake a tried and true twin, it's time to wonder - at least for those who have been waiting for CBR prices to be reduced. What if I discover that 25HP is not the Holy Grail?

Edited by CMX

What if I discover that 25HP is not the Holy Grail?

then the quest goes on m8 :whistling:

Then the quest "never ends"

The Ninja250 owners add those same mods to their bikes also.....

As do the ER6 owners

As do the hot roadie 600cc owners

As do the big roadie 1000cc owners

Ahhh but great to keep the money chain going!!

Not to mention the "bar boasting" that allows you :rolleyes:

Here is a link to a night video of my new Xenon projector.

The dyno test showed a 50% hp increase with this new lighting system. Could this be the Holy Grail? lol

Brian. How does it compare in light output to the normal light (actual light on the road) . As it doesn't look that impressive in your video. I have seen projector units before and they seemed to give MUCH more light on the road. (maybe it's ya camera)

Where this thread is headed is paying a lot for a CBR 250R, taking into consideration the short supply and resulting cost (+15 or 20K above the "suggested" price in some cases) and then modding it with enough stuff that the same baht would purchase any 250 Ninja that is sold here. Also, many schemes mentioned would put one within striking distance of an ER-6n, well, rather a long one, but....

Of course, any bike situation is similar, but when my expenditures for a single cylinder modded bike overtake a tried and true twin, it's time to wonder - at least for those who have been waiting for CBR prices to be reduced. What if I discover that 25HP is not the Holy Grail?

Im not sure your logic is really logical. It's not that difficult to get a new cbr250 for 100k, or the ABS for 115k. If wanting to spend the same as the N250 you've got over 30k to spend if you buy the ABS model. Which would buy a nice pipe (Remus) and a nice set of tyres.

With the CBR's torque already pooping on that of the n250 in stock form, adding a few hp to the low end from a Remus, losing even more weight from the pipe, and adding a nice pair of tyrs, not to mention the addition of ABS, unless you were planning to ride your stock n250 in a straight line with the throttle pinned it would lose in almost every way.

Plus why even go for a 250 if that is your goal. The same money buys a 3(?) year old Kawa650.

The dyno test showed a 50% hp increase with this new lighting system. Could this be the Holy Grail? lol

Brian. How does it compare in light output to the normal light (actual light on the road) . As it doesn't look that impressive in your video. I have seen projector units before and they seemed to give MUCH more light on the road. (maybe it's ya camera)

I agree that the video doesn't look that impressive. I actually shot it with my mobile's camera. I haven't had a chance to do any night rides with it yet. I plan on taking it out after work tonight to test it out. I'll let you know how it is. If it's not good, I won't sell it.

Here is a button (CBR 250R). Please sew on a suit. = muffler, kits, lamp(s), tires, etc., etc. In the end, I'll still have a single with a monoshock, albeit a Honda - with a threatened warranty.

I agree that the video doesn't look that impressive. I actually shot it with my mobile's camera. I haven't had a chance to do any night rides with it yet. I plan on taking it out after work tonight to test it out. I'll let you know how it is. If it's not good, I won't sell it.

Ok, so the mods can scold me if they want for posting the same thing in the 150 thread, but this vid by Brian touches on that as well, so here goes.

The 150 comes with a 30 watt bulb in the main light. While the lighting on the new 150 if vastly improved over the last one, I'm wondering if changing the bulb to a higher wattage will do much good. My Honda mech told me avoid Xenon as they burn too hot and can actually cause more harm than good. When I asked about switching to a 50 or 100 watt halogen, he just smiled and shrugged.

Any comments or suggestions. Well, the obvious one is "go ahead, try it and see what happens", but I'm looking for something a bit more than that. lol

Im not sure your logic is really logical. It's not that difficult to get a new cbr250 for 100k, or the ABS for 115k. If wanting to spend the same as the N250 you've got over 30k to spend if you buy the ABS model. Which would buy a nice pipe (Remus) and a nice set of tyres.

With the CBR's torque already pooping on that of the n250 in stock form, adding a few hp to the low end from a Remus, losing even more weight from the pipe, and adding a nice pair of tyrs, not to mention the addition of ABS, unless you were planning to ride your stock n250 in a straight line with the throttle pinned it would lose in almost every way.

Plus why even go for a 250 if that is your goal. The same money buys a 3(?) year old Kawa650.

Did you say the "N" word again? :whistling:

FYI there aren't any 3 year old Kawa 650's in Thailand- they only started selling the ER6n here in 2009 :rolleyes:

But if you can't afford a used 650 or even a new "N250", there's always the CB"R"250 for those on a limited budget ;)

Let the Good Times ROLL! B)

T

Brian if it's a true projector then if you aim it at a wall the light should pretty much cut off in a line. it's this which makes them good because you do not get the glare to other drivers (if set up properly)

Ok, so the mods can scold me if they want for posting the same thing in the 150 thread, but this vid by Brian touches on that as well, so here goes.

The 150 comes with a 30 watt bulb in the main light. While the lighting on the new 150 if vastly improved over the last one, I'm wondering if changing the bulb to a higher wattage will do much good. My Honda mech told me avoid Xenon as they burn too hot and can actually cause more harm than good. When I asked about switching to a 50 or 100 watt halogen, he just smiled and shrugged.

Any comments or suggestions. Well, the obvious one is "go ahead, try it and see what happens", but I'm looking for something a bit more than that. lol

I wouldn't recomend going with a higher wattage bulb. You will probably burn the socket out. Xenon lighting systems, if not done properly, can cause a lot of problems as well. My mechanics seem to think that the system they installed on my bike yesterday was of high quality. When we have a new part or accessory for the CBR 250, we test it out on my bike to see if it is of good quality before we sell to our customers. I'll keep you updated and let you know how it goes. In the meantime perhaps other forum members could share their experience with xenon lighting systems.

Brian if it's a true projector then if you aim it at a wall the light should pretty much cut off in a line. it's this which makes them good because you do not get the glare to other drivers (if set up properly)

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that out tonight, as well.

a new "N250",

But why would anyone buy one of those when they can get an ABS cbr250r with say, a remus or other quality brand pipe, and a set of quality tyres for the same price?

With the torque being so superior in the cbr in stock form anyway, the green porky-for-posers is a dud compared to the cbr with these mods.

FYI there aren't any 3 year old Kawa 650's in Thailand- they only started selling the ER6n here in 2009 :rolleyes:

But if you can't afford a used 650 or even a new "N250", there's always the CB"R"250 for those on a limited budget ;)

T

Tony. many of use are on a limited budget (maybe just limited to how much we WANT to spend)

The Cbr is ideal for many as a commuter/ light touring bike.

That will be my intended use when i get one in November (presuming nothing else has become available that will suit these needs)

We are not all interested in the fastest machines (But i do want one that with my limited skill will actually get around the cornersbiggrin.gifcool.gif)

I wouldn't recomend going with a higher wattage bulb. You will probably burn the socket out. Xenon lighting systems, if not done properly, can cause a lot of problems as well. My mechanics seem to think that the system they installed on my bike yesterday was of high quality. When we have a new part or accessory for the CBR 250, we test it out on my bike to see if it is of good quality before we sell to our customers. I'll keep you updated and let you know how it goes. In the meantime perhaps other forum members could share their experience with xenon lighting systems.

Not thinking of xenon, as I understand the problems that can cause, only from going from a 30 watt to say a 50 watt for just a bit more illumination, especially in the mountains. To my way of thinking - which could be totally flawed, I admit - it would be the same as changing a 30w light bulb in your house to a 50w bulb for better lighting. Correct me if I'm wrong.

T

I know the limited budget comment was a fishing comment so I'll bite. I doubt it has much to do with being on a limited budget or what people can afford, rather getting value for money. The CBR is just as good (better according to many reviews) as the 'Ninja' and comes with the ABS option yet costs less so it's obviously going to be a popular choice.

It's a bit like saying that you own a Versys instead of a BMW because you are on a 'limited budget'! What bike did you own here in Thailand before the (cheap) locally made Kawasaki was released? :)

Any more news on DBS re-releasing their more quieter cbr/ninjette pipe, after sorting out the loudness issue?

Just spoke to Visit at DBS (0876-729665 speaks good English) who said it's finished and being tested on the track & dyno at the moment so maybe another 3-4 weeks. It is a bit quieter but still loud according to him.

Any more news on DBS re-releasing their more quieter cbr/ninjette pipe, after sorting out the loudness issue?

Just spoke to Visit at DBS (0876-729665 speaks good English) who said it's finished and being tested on the track & dyno at the moment so maybe another 3-4 weeks. It is a bit quieter but still loud according to him.

Sa-weet. Cheers.

the quest for even more power....

i would love my bike to deliver 30 to 35 hp. not so much for more top speed, which is already enough for thailand. i´d just love to have a bit more of a punch to it... just for active safety of course :whistling:

some ways to increase power:

- exhaust + juice box plus airbox ...... that didn´t show any significant results jet....

- increase compression? 10.7 to 1 aint a lot.. the cfr does13.4 to 1 or so and brings the 35 hp :rolleyes:

- change to a 42 carburator to juice it up a bit more

- change crankshaft and valve timing. i´ve read that could deliver 35 hp :rolleyes:

- put on a 350 cylinderblock and head or buy a cfr 250 cylinder and head

i love the 250 moto gp solution where they´ve turned the block 180 degrees. thus we have the airbox in front and can add a little air pressure and the exhaust faces backwards already. how clever is that...

please comment

happy trails

Sportisi Dyno chart.... As far as i can make out that is the Sportisi full exhaust/ powercommander and a converted airbox lid.(protosfms line) It carries the power higher in the rev range and makes the torque loads more usable. They told me they were not just looking for outright power but usable power. If you look at the standard curve and the sportisi curve I think they have done a good job.. Not sure its worth the 27,000b to get it ... but then i'm a tight bastard.

post-62652-0-32120400-1307520042_thumb.j

Edited by thaicbr

Heho. It would be interesting to see the dyno charts. Also maybe ask him if he is going to run it with a powercommander like Sportisi have done. He could maybe sort out a package deal with Dirtbike shop (powercommander supplier)

Not thinking of xenon, as I understand the problems that can cause, only from going from a 30 watt to say a 50 watt for just a bit more illumination, especially in the mountains. To my way of thinking - which could be totally flawed, I admit - it would be the same as changing a 30w light bulb in your house to a 50w bulb for better lighting. Correct me if I'm wrong.

When you change to a higher wattage bulb in your home there is no problem, because it is in the open and not in an enclosed space like a motorcycle headlight. We have had many cases of customers changing to higher wattage bulbs and burning out their sockets. I came across a website that had this to say about overheating bulbs:

Reasons for Overheated Headlights:

How hot a headlight gets, depends of course on bulb, headlight design, and running conditions. If it's 100 degrees out and your sitting in traffic with your 100 watt bulb burning and your engine smoking hot, your bulb could overheat. Some makes of bulbs tend to overheat more than others. Some bike designs get hotter than others. If you want to run a very high watt bulb, then you must be aware of the extra heat, and take precautions to avoid having a heat problem. On some models, this might mean turning your light off when not moving in a traffic-jam, or providing more ventilation for the bulb. Or using something like a 55/100 watt bulb instead of a 90/100.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

When you change to a higher wattage bulb in your home there is no problem, because it is in the open and not in an enclosed space like a motorcycle headlight. We have had many cases of customers changing to higher wattage bulbs and burning out their sockets. I came across a website that had this to say about overheating bulbs:

Reasons for Overheated Headlights:

How hot a headlight gets, depends of course on bulb, headlight design, and running conditions. If it's 100 degrees out and your sitting in traffic with your 100 watt bulb burning and your engine smoking hot, your bulb could overheat. Some makes of bulbs tend to overheat more than others. Some bike designs get hotter than others. If you want to run a very high watt bulb, then you must be aware of the extra heat, and take precautions to avoid having a heat problem. On some models, this might mean turning your light off when not moving in a traffic-jam, or providing more ventilation for the bulb. Or using something like a 55/100 watt bulb instead of a 90/100.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Brian...Thank you. That's what I was looking for.