Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Boring out the cylinder is a really common task at mocyc performance shops, i'd pick up a thai mocyc magazine and see who's specializing in the cbr 250r.

at the corner of srinakarin and ramkhamhaeng road there is a machine shop on your right, if your coming from pattanakarn road. If you cross the intersection there is another one on your left. But its just a machine shop, along that same stretch there is a motorcycle shop called Worldspeed that could probably recommend a shop to you, they've been there forever.

Setting the valve clearance will be the hard part. It would also be wise to get an electronic jet kit, that can alter the amount of fuel through the injector so you don't burn up lean. If the ecu can really adjust to a 20% swing in fuel delivery like people claim that it can, you may be ok without it.

Use a Wiseco forged piston, the Boss brand is junk full of defects. A higher compression piston will have a higher deck, you'd need to check to see how much clearance you have for that also so you don't smack the valves. Sometimes shops will take some material off the pistons deck to clear the valves so dont freak if you see them doing this, it will be fine.

Good Luck !

Edited by KRS1

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boring out the cylinder is a really common task at mocyc performance shops, i'd pick up a thai mocyc magazine and see who's specializing in the cbr 250r.

at the corner of srinakarin and ramkhamhaeng road there is a machine shop on your right, if your coming from pattanakarn road. If you cross the intersection there is another one on your left. But its just a machine shop, along that same stretch there is a motorcycle shop called Worldspeed that could probably recommend a shop to you, they've been there forever.

Setting the valve clearance will be the hard part. It would also be wise to get an electronic jet kit, that can alter the amount of fuel through the injector so you don't burn up lean. If the ecu can really adjust to a 20% swing in fuel delivery like people claim that it can, you may be ok without it.

Use a Wiseco forged piston, the Boss brand is junk full of defects. A higher compression piston will have a higher deck, you'd need to check to see how much clearance you have for that also so you don't smack the valves. Sometimes shops will take some material off the pistons deck to clear the valves so dont freak if you see them doing this, it will be fine.

Good Luck !

thank you very much m8. that realy helps.

my bike runs great and i realy can´t understand why i´m so crazy about modding it. the last time i´ve done that is ages ago... however i´m enjoying this passion again along with the rest of that fantestic little bike.

cheers

Just buy a bigger bike.

modding is expensive and no good for the lifespan of a bike. i t doesn´t make any sense, down the line

but is that realy necessary?

i´ll just take the fun as long as i have it... but everybody to his liking

cheers

Edited by bongiorgio

Just buy a bigger bike.

modding is expensive and no good for the lifespan of a bike. i t doesn´t make any sense, down the line

but is that realy necessary?

i´ll just take the fun as long as i have it... but everybody to his liking

cheers

If you dont get jacked on price, it shouldn't cost you anymore than 4000 baht to get it done. Piston is around 600-900 baht, cylinder boring only cost 500-800, gaskets around 300-600 baht, coolant 150 baht, plus labor.

I'd look into seeing if you can fit bigger valves to accommodate the higher displacement.

Sonax Chain Lube.

What do you guys use to lube the chain and where do you buy it? Also how often do you lube it?

Sonax Chain oil spray is available at carrefour and Tesco, inexpensive (110-130 baht?), doesnt stain very much if you wait to ride for 30 minutes. How often depends on how you clean bike. Handwash and no degrease on chain, every couple month or so. Degrease and high pressure, after every or every second wash

Better stuff available but at a price. Check ER6n and Ninja threads here on TV

be aware W40 and similar destroys chains o-rings

Was aware of this, but never saw it in my local carrefour/tesco/big c. Now that Big C Extra have taken over carrefour they've a shelf full of it.

The German and Thai on the back seem to say that it's not for o-rings though.

Black sonax can, picture of a chain and 'kettenspray' - chain spray on the front... on the back '..greift O-Ringe nicht an.' not for o-ring use.

Edited by hehehoho

Sonax Chain Lube.

What do you guys use to lube the chain and where do you buy it? Also how often do you lube it?

Sonax Chain oil spray is available at carrefour and Tesco, inexpensive (110-130 baht?), doesnt stain very much if you wait to ride for 30 minutes. How often depends on how you clean bike. Handwash and no degrease on chain, every couple month or so. Degrease and high pressure, after every or every second wash

Was aware of this, but never saw it in my local carrefour/tesco/big c. Now that Big C Extra have taken over carrefour they've a shelf full of it.

Black sonax can, picture of a chain and 'kettenspray' - chain spray on the front... on the back '..greift O-Ringe nicht an.' not for o-ring use.

dam_n it!Not for O-rings! Have been using that Black sonax spray on my CBR, throwing it out now, wish I read german. Sonax spray does fling out a lot, won't miss cleaning it off the rear rim. Hope it hasn't screwed up the o-rings.

Sonax Chain Lube.

dam_n it!Not for O-rings! Have been using that Black sonax spray on my CBR, throwing it out now, wish I read german. Sonax spray does fling out a lot, won't miss cleaning it off the rear rim. Hope it hasn't screwed up the o-rings.

Dudes,

SONAX KetttenSpray is FINE for O-Ring Chains.

"greift nicht an" means DOES NOT ATTACK.

I've been using this stuff for a few years and have experienced no o-ring damage from it on any of my bikes. Yes it's cheap and flings more than the expensive lubes, but it will NOT hurt your o-rings.

Ride On!

Tony

I haven't studied German since school 16 yrs ago. But knew that 'o-ringe nicht' wasn't going to be a positive. Google translate did the rest.

shame as I've heard of a lot of people using it.

I also studied a bit of German way back when- You left out a critical word there bro: "Greift o-ringen nicht" :rolleyes:

I haven't studied German since school 16 yrs ago. But knew that 'o-ringe nicht' wasn't going to be a positive. Google translate did the rest.

I also studied a bit of German way back when- You left out a critical word there bro: "Greift o-ringen nicht" :rolleyes:

Good "greift" :cheesy:

he justincreased the bore to 83. i thought honda had made the cylinder wall extra thin. i hope he´s not pushing his luck too much there

did he mention how he raised the compression? Used a different piston or shaved the head?

Different piston? The stock 76mm piston might rattle about a bit in a 83mm bore, Dum-arse.

Tony is absolutely right. Angreifen (3rd person singular > greift an) means to attack / assault or in this case to corrode / damge something. "Sonax greift O-Ringe nicht an!" means "Sonax does not damage o-rings!".

he justincreased the bore to 83. i thought honda had made the cylinder wall extra thin. i hope he´s not pushing his luck too much there

did he mention how he raised the compression? Used a different piston or shaved the head?

Different piston? The stock 76mm piston might rattle about a bit in a 83mm bore, Dum-arse.

That time of the month for you?

Its fairly obvious what i meant.

Please find a better way to insult me, your not doing very well.

I'm selling my CBR 250R ABS, please PM me if interested.

4 Months old, 3500kms

Pirelli Sport Demon Tyres

Frame Sliders

Triangular Exhaust (Loud)

Custom seat with an extra 1inch of padding, more comfortable and a tad more leg room

4 Months old, 3500kms

Frame Sliders

Custom seat with an extra 1inch of padding, more comfortable and a tad more leg room

why are you selling it?

4 Months old, 3500kms

Frame Sliders

why are you selling it?

I think he's going for an upgrade, a Versys perhaps....:D

4 Months old, 3500kms

Frame Sliders

why are you selling it?

:clap2:

4 Months old, 3500kms

Frame Sliders

why are you selling it?

:clap2:

I'm sure someone on here will have plenty to say about that :D

First available "Ninja" 250"r": 25 Aug 08. Day the fearless defender of the bike and consummate piss-take sold his: 21 Jan 09. All of 149 days before he got rid of it for a bigger bike...don't know the CBR seller's motives, but do wonder if he's going to have to lose ~33% (seems to be what that age of "Ninja"s sell for) of the bike's price...

**edit**

speelling...

Edited by dave_boo

4 Months old, 3500kms

Frame Sliders

How much?

First available "Ninja" 250"r": 25 Aug 08. Day the fearless defender of the bike and consummate piss-take sold his: 21 Jan 09. All of 149 days before he got rid of it for a bigger bike...don't know the CBR seller's motives, but do wonder if he's going to have to lose ~33% (seems to be what that age of "Ninja"s sell for) of the bike's price...

**edit**

speelling...

Dang Dave,

I assume you're talking about me, but amazed that you know my history better than I do. I don't remember when I bought my Ninjette or when I sold it but I do recall I priced it real cheap to insure a quick sale. I recall too that in the brief time I had that bike I did manage to rack up some 12000+ km on the clock.

Good fun but the little Ninjette just couldn't keep up with all of my friends who were riding much bigger bikes-

1023PrachinBikes1Sm.jpg

Only way to keep up with the big boys on the little Ninjette was to keep her pinned, try to keep 'em in sight and hope for some curves to slow the big boys down a bit! :lol:

1024Erawan1Sm.jpg

My little Ninjette in the company of the BIG BOYS- a pair of FJR 1300's, FZ1 and ZX9R!

Then there was the Iron Butt Massacre that you put together where one after the other the little bikes kept blowing up or went dancing with the sugar cane. :lol:

That ride started out with 5 or 6 bikes and ended with just two- the little Ninjette and the old XJR1300 aka the T-Rex ;)

1122Banok1Sm.jpg

The next month my little Ninjette was again surrounded by bigger more powerful bikes and again on the hills and straight bits I just kept her pinned-

120608XCentreBikes4Sm.jpg

120808GTRPhuChiFaSm.jpg

And so on and so forth, so imagine how happy I was when I heard that Kawasaki would start selling the 650cc ER6n at the end of the year. Certainly no rocket, but a heck of a lot more comfortable and better suited to touring with other big bikes.

It doesn't surprise me that some folks outgrow their little CB"r" 250's in a hurry.

Congrats Stu on your new Versys!

Edited by BigBikeBKK

**edit**

speelling...

Yep, some people enjoy a bike and then move on to something else with fond memories.

Others buy the wrong bike for their riding style/experience but keep it for years, moaning about it on internet forums.

Did you test ride the CBR yet Dave? If so, when are you buying it? If you wait a couple of months the profiteering should be over and you'll be able to pick one up second hand for 80k or so.

**edit**

speelling...

Yep, some people enjoy a bike and then move on to something else with fond memories.

Others buy the wrong bike for their riding style/experience but keep it for years, moaning about it on internet forums.

Did you test ride the CBR yet Dave? If so, when are you buying it? If you wait a couple of months the profiteering should be over and you'll be able to pick one up second hand for 80k or so.

I suppose the riposte to that is simply to recommend substituting 'rose coloured' for fond.

Don't remember me 'groaning' about the Ninja (if I can be so self-centred to assume that comment was directed at me), but rather comparing that bike's objective measurements to the topic's titular bike. Perhaps I'm wrong and have 'groaned' or compared subjective measures?

I didn't get a chance to test the CBR yet; my last R&R was quite hectic (had to cut a two day Bandito Kamphaeng Phet ride short...sorry Uncle Bill) and it's not as if they have a large quantity of bikes to try in sunny Dustistan.