Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these bikes are nearly 20 years old now in Thailand they became opened like a lettucebiggrin.png

Hard to find a reliable one besides, a good mechanic that can fix it without screwing you.And, you need lots of time and patience.

I do all my own work so if frame is sound I would not be worried

Age is ok especially with bikes. If again frame is straight & suspension/handling/geometry of that

year was still good by todays standards then all would be fine with me.

these bikes are nearly 20 years old now in Thailand they became opened like a lettucebiggrin.png

Hard to find a reliable one besides, a good mechanic that can fix it without screwing you.And, you need lots of time and patience.

I do all my own work so if frame is sound I would not be worried

Age is ok especially with bikes. If again frame is straight & suspension/handling/geometry of that

year was still good by todays standards then all would be fine with me.

mania, i checked many cbr400r in Thailand and yes, their problem is all about their frame.

You can fix all but not the frame as you know.

And all here is either crashed bikes imported from Japan or the guys here crash them over 20 years many times.

The last two cbr400 i see had a shaved frame means it is crashed and they shaved both sides to hide it or they do welding and stuff but a damaged and bend chassis never works the same way again and chassis is one of the most important thing especially on a racing bike.

You can easily notice it touching the chassis from bottom to top with your fingers or if there are discoloration around the welds.

I mean, they are cool bikes yes, but hard to deal with them anymore as they passed 20 years now. I do not have time to deal with them or spent money on a 20 years old racing bike. Besides, it is hard to sell it after buying it.

But, if you have time, money and patience, why not man?

mania, i checked many cbr400r in Thailand and yes, their problem is all about their frame.

Well that is a shame & no I would not touch a modified or repaired frame.

Thanks

exactly. besides, humid climate of Thailand do not help keeping bikes in good condition.

And maybe, i am too tired to wait at the mechanics many times in my life :)

5500 is good price for a full system but i heard mix reports about it here about the quality of it and some of the pipes burned out.

ww.biohazardcycles.com/servlet/the-6076/LEOVINCE-3468-SLIP-ON/Detail

check this out thai cbr.

this pipe cost around 9000 thb to arrive Thailand including everything and the owner of biohazard state it like used unit so less customs. Good reviews about it and it is a leo vince.

5500 is good price for a full system but i heard mix reports about it here about the quality of it and some of the pipes burned out.

ww.biohazardcycles.com/servlet/the-6076/LEOVINCE-3468-SLIP-ON/Detail

check this out thai cbr.

this pipe cost around 9000 thb to arrive Thailand including everything and the owner of biohazard state it like used unit so less customs. Good reviews about it and it is a leo vince.

How do you mean the pipes burnt out?????

sent from my Wellcom A90+

burnt carbon fiber man.

ahhhh o.. Well that is NOT a TSUKIGI as they are stainless steel.. Your thinking of the cheapo ones from Praram.. Look good......but.

Pampal... are you happy with the exhaust? Did you reset the ecu when it got installed? any other info would be good.. Thanks

burnt carbon fiber man.

ahhhh o.. Well that is NOT a TSUKIGI as they are stainless steel.. Your thinking of the cheapo ones from Praram.. Look good......but.

Pampal... are you happy with the exhaust? Did you reset the ecu when it got installed? any other info would be good.. Thanks

no man, they have a carbon fiber one as well.

And, you do not need any ecu reset or something.

But, 5500 thb is a super price for a full system and do not forget, anything is better that the stockbiggrin.png

Just all the weight that you get rid of from the bike - around 6-7 kg - is enough anyway even if there is no significant performance increase hahaha

just go forward.

Edited by loserlazer

burnt carbon fiber man.

But, 5500 thb is a super price for a full system and do not forget, anything is better that the stockbiggrin.png

Just all the weight that you get rid of from the bike - around 6-7 kg - is enough anyway even if there is no significant performance increase hahaha

just go forward.

No man...TSUKIGI DO NOT have a carbon fibre can.. You are thinking of another brand tongue.png

Is there something wrong that can be going on when near red line at 5 gear and around 130 km/h? I had like sudden lost of power for 1 sec then again... is it normal? Was this a sign I had to go 6th gear?

yes.. sounds like rev limiter.. but jeeze why were you in 5th at 130kmh? You are so FAR OUT of the powerband.

jeeze why were you in 5th at 130kmh? You are so FAR OUT of the powerband.

That can be fun too.

Might not give the fastest 1/4 mile times, but bouncing off the limiter in every gear is always fun.

For me at least. smile.png

Edit:

I often see 142-145kph in 5th. Haven't been out of the city in a while so no chance to open it up, but what's it at when it hits the limiter (11,500rpm) in 5th. Not far off 150kph surely.

Edited by cbrer

burnt carbon fiber man.

I am definitely happy with the exhaust. Originally I was planning on buying a more expensive exhaust untill I saw the Tsukigi on another bike. I like the sound and it wasn't overly loud, so no problems from the BIB. It looks good and the can has turned an interesting rainbow tint, which I like. Brian from Sumet had the Tsukigi track pipe on his 250 and that thing is crazy loud. Anyway I haven't reset the ECU and when I first installed it, the bike would sometimes stall after a cold start in the mornings. But after a couple of days that stopped happening.

burnt carbon fiber man.

I am definitely happy with the exhaust. Originally I was planning on buying a more expensive exhaust untill I saw the Tsukigi on another bike. I like the sound and it wasn't overly loud, so no problems from the BIB. It looks good and the can has turned an interesting rainbow tint, which I like. Brian from Sumet had the Tsukigi track pipe on his 250 and that thing is crazy loud. Anyway I haven't reset the ECU and when I first installed it, the bike would sometimes stall after a cold start in the mornings. But after a couple of days that stopped happening.

Thanks for that. I think this will be the one I get.

sent from my ..................#

Sorry, I was on the whiskeys. smile.png

I like the sound and it wasn't overly loud, so no problems from the BIB. It looks good and the can has turned an interesting rainbow tint, which I like. Brian from Sumet had the Tsukigi track pipe on his 250 and that thing is crazy loud.

It must have been the racing pipe that I had heard.

I'd be interested in the road version if it's half the dB level.

btw, the Leo Vince Evo II gets rave reviews from people who don't like ultra-loud pipes, as it's designed to meet EU noise levels. It has a 5-hole plate that inserts into the headpipe connection piece that reduces the dB level. Without it it's just as loud as others.

I wonder if such a thing would be possible with the ultr-loud Thai made pipes.

burnt carbon fiber man.

just go forward.

No man...TSUKIGI DO NOT have a carbon fibre can.. You are thinking of another brand tongue.png

you sure?

btw, the Leo Vince Evo II gets rave reviews from people who don't like ultra-loud pipes, as it's designed to meet EU noise levels. It has a 5-hole plate that inserts into the headpipe connection piece that reduces the dB level. Without it it's just as loud as others.

Kind of a catch 22 if looking for a performance gain by changing pipes.

One the one hand a good pipe has better flow & a calculated back pressure to optimize performance.

If you start putting 5 hole restrictor plates in there I do not think it is going to be any better performance wise than stock

Of course it is probably a built lighter but with this bike tipping the scales where it does the power to weight ratio

is never going to be all that great without major engine mods. Then your back to the intake/exhaust needing more flow

with the accompanying sound increase.

At the end of the day if sound restriction is very important to the rider they probably can save their money. As the stock pipe is Honda engineered as some trade off point similar to what a person looking for a quiet pipe is...probably wink.png

Of course there may be a good pipe performance vs sound out there. But almost always an increase in performance will have an increase in sound. IMHO

Edited by mania

jeeze why were you in 5th at 130kmh? You are so FAR OUT of the powerband.

That can be fun too.

Might not give the fastest 1/4 mile times, but bouncing off the limiter in every gear is always fun.

For me at least. smile.png

Edit:

I often see 142-145kph in 5th. Haven't been out of the city in a while so no chance to open it up, but what's it at when it hits the limiter (11,500rpm) in 5th. Not far off 150kph surely.

That s what I knew that its possible to go nearly 150 on 5th but this was less than 140...so I had some scary thoughts what could it be. But if it s the limiter I guess I just wont do it again.

Sorry, I was on the whiskeys. smile.png

I like the sound and it wasn't overly loud, so no problems from the BIB. It looks good and the can has turned an interesting rainbow tint, which I like. Brian from Sumet had the Tsukigi track pipe on his 250 and that thing is crazy loud.

It must have been the racing pipe that I had heard.

I'd be interested in the road version if it's half the dB level.

I wonder if such a thing would be possible with the ultr-loud Thai made pipes.

Hi Siampreggers, any idea where to get the Leo Vince Evo II in Thailand for a good price? A friend wants one. Good to see you back by the way...

Who's Siampreggers? A rep for Prego pasta sauces over here? :huh:

I don't really like the stuff myself. Much better to cook them up from scratch.

I haven't looked for the Evo II over here, but haven't seen any.

I know Tom from Biohazard has a good rep with posting stuff over (is very happy to oblige in marking things to get past customs with minimal extortion).

Never seen a carbon Tsukigi can. That doesn't look like Tsukigi.

Here is the stainless full system. This is on a 150.

post-62652-13495139930559_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

thaicbr

i regret my decision to buy dan moto exhaust from China - actually dan moto has American branch as well -

it is great in terms of sound and performance but it got burned down within 2 weeks.

That is why just pay 9000 thb an get a Leo vince from biohazard, i really mean it man.

Just a honest recommendation!