Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

I work for Sumet Cycle in Nonthaburi. I have noticed a lot of talk about the price of the CBR 250. Honda isn't releasing the bikes fast enough to the dealers. I think this is causing a lot of dealers to jack up the price. It is a basic supply and demand situation. If a customer were to order a red or black non-ABS model from us today they could be looking at up to a two month wait, as these seem to be the most popular colors. The silver model might arrive a bit earlier. According to my salesperson at Honda they aren't even going to release any ABS versions this month. I'm not sure what's going on, but perhaps they are busy shipping around the world, and leaving a shortage here. Right now we charge 120,000 baht for the non-ABS model, and 130,000 for the ABS model.

Most ppl i was talking to also said that Honda is more concentrating on international Business so only a slight supply for LOS.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work for Sumet Cycle in Nonthaburi. I have noticed a lot of talk about the price of the CBR 250. Honda isn't releasing the bikes fast enough to the dealers. I think this is causing a lot of dealers to jack up the price. It is a basic supply and demand situation. If a customer were to order a red or black non-ABS model from us today they could be looking at up to a two month wait, as these seem to be the most popular colors. The silver model might arrive a bit earlier. According to my salesperson at Honda they aren't even going to release any ABS versions this month. I'm not sure what's going on, but perhaps they are busy shipping around the world, and leaving a shortage here. Right now we charge 120,000 baht for the non-ABS model, and 130,000 for the ABS model.

Most ppl i was talking to also said that Honda is more concentrating on international Business so only a slight supply for LOS.

I just read that there have been 1,800 orders already just in India so when you also take into account the imminent release of the bike in America, Canada, Australia and Europe.....Think it's time to chase up my order, was told Feb 20th at the very latest :o

Do you think I should change it before then? Can't hurt eh?

I changed mine at 150km. 1200km, 2000km and 3000km.

To much head-scratching and bewilderment of various Thai 'mechanics'.

Even more bewilderment when asking for a new oil filter.... 'but new bike, oil filter okay *crazy/stupid farang look* '.

Agreed...

Bring on the filters!

:)

It would be so easy if the fuel names were in English and Thai! I must admit I have been worried that one day i'll get diesel!blink.gif

Benzine = เบนซิน

Perhaps print it out and keep it in your wallet to show them.

The font is usually different on the pumps so not easy to immediately recognise it.

Good advice there but given the number of "diesel turbo intercooler" bikes out there you might get a funny looks trying to put the "smelly one" in your tank...

You could always follow you nose :whistling: or ask for benzeeen...:rolleyes:

What intervals should one change the oil filter? Every time the oil is changed?

Change the filter every time. It’s hot ridding here…

Go with every 6-10,000 or better still you can also check with a white paper towel. When the oil gets to a dark brown color, change it!

The only spanner in the works is the bl*@dy filters aren’t available… unless of course someone knows otherwise....

I just read that there have been 1,800 orders already just in India so when you also take into account the imminent release of the bike in America, Canada, Australia and Europe.....Think it's time to chase up my order, was told Feb 20th at the very latest :o

Glad I chased them as it is leaving BKK today, Black/Silver ABS bike for 120k. Now it's time to chase the exhaust guys!

Change the filter every time. It's hot ridding here…

Go with every 6-10,000 or better still you can also check with a white paper towel. When the oil gets to a dark brown color, change it!

The only spanner in the works is the bl*@dy filters aren't available… unless of course someone knows otherwise....

Tiffer if u have problems getting the oil filter have a look for this kawasaki one its fitting in the cbr250

post-77479-0-00585800-1297262353_thumb.j

post-77479-0-02492600-1297262360_thumb.j

post-77479-0-69164500-1297262368_thumb.j

appropriate i just checked that oil window at the engine cant see any fluid or movement in there how it should look?

The only spanner in the works is the bl*@dy filters aren't available… unless of course someone knows otherwise....

Tiffer if u have problems getting the oil filter have a look for this kawasaki one its fitting in the cbr250

appropriate i just checked that oil window at the engine cant see any fluid or movement in there how it should look?

Unless your bike owners manual states differently, your bike should be stood upright when checkig the engine oil level. Get a buddy/wife/girlfriend to help with this, if you don't feel comfortable doing this by yourself.

Aha!

Well done Hili!

That;s the only decent "oil filter" response on this forum.

How did you figure out the Kawasaki one is a snug fit?

Aha!

Well done Hili!

That;s the only decent "oil filter" response on this forum.

How did you figure out the Kawasaki one is a snug fit?

Most japs bikes use oil filter from same supplier/maker, and Kawasaki actually stocks and sell them. Inexpensively :)

Honda being sold by many dealers may seem like an advantage, but they sure are not on par with Kawasaki on spareparts, tools/equipment and knowledge.

Most Honda dealers lack knowledge with fuel injection, my experience is with Fi Airblades and PCX only

apropriate fyi as you want to go all back also. After thaicbr (thanks mate) mentioned about vinyl / wrap foil i did some research and was quited satisfied after. So i will go that route and wont paint it why? Maybe more cheap than paint, more flexible, can go back to stock. Found some shops around my area if i have time at the weekend ill go there and check it out.

If you need details where to get etc. feel free to pm me ;)

Here is some fancy example what can be done with it, cbr150....

post-77479-0-78858900-1297313498_thumb.j

post-77479-0-32705500-1297313510_thumb.j

post-77479-0-10953100-1297313521_thumb.j

post-77479-0-87045900-1297313529_thumb.j

Hi guys. First post here though ve been following this topic for a while now as eagerly await the release of this bike in Indonesia. found this shoot out info on an indonesian website that was pulled from a japnese one.

Akselerasi: CBR Ninja

0 – 50 m 4.26 det 4.68 det

0 – 100 m 6.46 det 6.91 det

0 – 200 m 9.99 det 10.38 det

0 – 400 m 15.95 det 16.04 det

fffor riding in jakarta and bangkok think the cbr will stack up alright against the ninja which think would easily win on a race track. when it comes to city riding prefer the honda handling myself.

Cheers fellas

<deleted> had a proper look at the oil window and oil is even less than the lower bar. done around 700 km so far hope no damage done. What kind of mechanics argh but i should blame myself for not checking before. What u ppl think it can be serious? Also when i started the bike up today some smoke and typical smell came out the exhaust and when i opened the oil cap of the motor there was smoke coming out too....... i am worried...

<deleted> had a proper look at the oil window and oil is even less than the lower bar. done around 700 km so far hope no damage done. What kind of mechanics argh but i should blame myself for not checking before. What u ppl think it can be serious? Also when i started the bike up today some smoke and typical smell came out the exhaust and when i opened the oil cap of the motor there was smoke coming out too....... i am worried...

Wouldn't be worried mate. If you can see oil in through that window it's only going to be short a little bit.

700km? The new engine can smell of 'burning' for up to 1000km.

I'd go change the oil, get it up to the proper level with new stuff, see how it feels and and the smell should start to dissipate around now ( 700km).

k anyway tomorrow i will go straight to the dealer and let him fill up some more oil i mean the level marks aren't there for no reason?

btw also checked the exhaust if its sealed proper, not its not can feel some air at the joints..... little bit disappointed of the performance of k-speed.

Brian... How much for a white kit for the Cbr250. eg: white fuel tank, white fairing and white tail side panels etc?

I understand that Honda are offering white in Europe.

Also do Sumet have Cbr250 oil filters in stock?

Of course the only bad thing about going all black is that at quick glance or head on, people might think you're on the 150. :bah::D

Suffering as I do from early onset old fart syndrom...

Going all black and on quick glance and they might not see you...

Hence ping-pong ball white helmet

But then all black does look good!

Archived