Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

This is pretty nice, I'm really liking the exhaust!

http://www.cbr250tha...ad.php?tid=1092

Sky .. i like it but the down pipe looks a bit low.. what do you think? The rest of it is nice..

Any idea what that knob on the left handle bar is?????

Let me guess; you're hoping it is nitrous oxide or beer! Ingesting either one will make you very happy!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky .. i like it but the down pipe looks a bit low.. what do you think? The rest of it is nice..

Yeah, hadn't noticed that or maybe it just looks lower because it has the rear-set which is higher than the standard footpegs? Don't know what the button is for, an ejector seat maybe if your GF is riding pillion and p1ssing you off! Spoke to Visit (yes, that;s his name!) at DBS exhausts earlier, he said their full system Carbon triangular exhaust will be finished in a few weeks, around 7-8000 baht, maybe sound similar to their Ninja one below.

Ejector seat, i like that, though hopefully it has a tether or spring so you don't lose the seat!

Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) have a teaser video up on the Honda World website showing the 'NRS 250'. Doesn't give much away, if any thing. Maybe this is the MotoGP 250? using the same basic engine as the CBR250?

http://world.honda.com/HRC/NRS/index.html

So yesterday was a sunday, no classes and the whole day off... After too much work the last week and a half I decided to spend some time alone on my bike...

I jumped on it and rode towards Songkhla, the old way (which is not so old anymore as they have done most off it up again) straight forward, no turns. The bike cruised at 140kmph... smoothly...

I took the FERRY from mainland to simila beach- total cost for ferry was 3b, yes, it was three bath...

I rode around in Songkhla for a while, nice old buildings some places, then I took the ferry back across to the main land again, just because it was so fun (pictures will come later of the ferry)...

Turned left and shot towards Had Yai for a late lunch- yep, 33km away from McDonald and I am up for that...

The bike topped out at 153kmph this time, but it did so beautifully, maybe some more fairing would be nice at those speeds, but what can you expect from a little bike like that?

after lunch and a few movies (bootlegged) I took the highway back home to NST, some rain on the way but not really worth mentioning...

all in all a short day spent on the bike- 400++km and not a sore butt... can't complain, can I?

I do have a question though...

riding back from had yai, it turned a bit colder, not much but just a little, at that time, the bike struggled a bit more to get 140kmph- when I got closer to home, and it turned a bit warmer again, it jumped up just as easily as in the beginning- any reason to why?

Nothing changed apart from the weather...

it turned a bit colder, not much but just a little, at that time, the bike struggled a bit more to get 140kmph- when I got closer to home, and it turned a bit warmer again, it jumped up just as easily as in the beginning- any reason to why?

Never noticed anything like that.

I've noticed with gasohol it might cut out once just after I start it, but with benzine it doesn't.

Also taking it in to a dealer today to see if they can do anything about what I think is some fairing rattling at 5,500-6,000rpm.

More about vibration.

Both mirrors have shaken loose within a week.

Honda charged me 10bt for one lost bolt.

This was the day after my first inspection, which included looking for loose nuts and bolts.

The under-seat tool kit doesn't have the right sized Allen key.

The mechanic at the Honda shop that supplied the bolt first said they didn't have an Allen key the right size either. After I prodded him a bit, he checked with the other mechanics and finally found one...

Gotta get me an Allen key! 5mm, I think

Gotta get me an Allen key! 5mm, I think

80b or so for the whole set in a fold-up clip in Big C or Tesco. Same like a swiss army knife but with all the different size allen keys. Always keep it under the seat.

Sounds like the mirrors may have been down to poor assembly as mine are still rock solid and I haven't heard any other complaints.

Sounds like the mirrors may have been down to poor assembly as mine are still rock solid and I haven't heard any other complaints.

Yesterday the mechanic was joking about maybe the assembler was not feeling well that day.

"Oh no! I got a Monday bike?!?!"

He just laughed.

Let me guess; you're hoping it is nitrous oxide or beer! Ingesting either one will make you very happy!

Could that knob be to change the setting on your back shock?

it turned a bit colder, not much but just a little, at that time, the bike struggled a bit more to get 140kmph- when I got closer to home, and it turned a bit warmer again, it jumped up just as easily as in the beginning- any reason to why?

Never noticed anything like that.

I've noticed with gasohol it might cut out once just after I start it, but with benzine it doesn't.

Also taking it in to a dealer today to see if they can do anything about what I think is some fairing rattling at 5,500-6,000rpm.

I noticed some 'knocking' noise at 5-6krpm this morning. I think its in all gears but is most noticeable in 5th and 6th. I'm convinced its from the engine.

Had some fairing rattle in 1st and 2nd last week and only when the bike was cold. Gone now.

2200KMS. One Oil change. Needed one chain 'lubing' after heavy rain riding. Engine sound still evolving (nicely)cool.gif

I noticed some 'knocking' noise at 5-6krpm this morning. I think its in all gears but is most noticeable in 5th and 6th. I'm convinced its from the engine.

Had some fairing rattle in 1st and 2nd last week and only when the bike was cold.

Interesting. I'm no expert, it could well be the engine, but I think fairing. It's in all gears at around those revs. But on mine it isn't a knocking sound, more of a buzzy sound that sounds external to the engine. Honda shop yesterday just said Honda are well known for fairing rattle and not to worry.

Will take it into the dealer I bought it at though at some stage and not mention the fairing, just that there's a sound I want them to fix and see what they come up with.

Question....

How come that the CBR150 got the nice new key from Honda, whilest the CBR250 got a rotten old key???

What?ohmy.gif

They got a nicer key than us? mad.gif

I haven't seen the 150 key...

me too is quite disappointed by the key, thought it ll have a golden honda symbol topped with diamonds, remote start and finger print recognition. :realangry: Shame on you Honda.

btw. i am getting a new pipe from K-Speed on Saturday. Same they had on their show bike @BikeShow, will keep u updated.

Question....

How come that the CBR150 got the nice new key from Honda, whilest the CBR250 got a rotten old key???

What?ohmy.gif

They got a nicer key than us? mad.gif

I haven't seen the 150 key...

me too is quite disappointed by the key, thought it ll have a golden honda symbol topped with diamonds, remote start and finger print recognition. :realangry: Shame on you Honda.

btw. i am getting a new pipe from K-Speed on Saturday. Same they had on their show bike @BikeShow, will keep u updated.

Well it's the little things in life...

What do you guys use to lube the chain and where do you buy it? Also how often do you lube it?

Sonax Chain oil spray is available at carrefour and Tesco, inexpensive (110-130 baht?), doesnt stain very much if you wait to ride for 30 minutes. How often depends on how you clean bike. Handwash and no degrease on chain, every couple month or so. Degrease and high pressure, after every or every second wash

Better stuff available but at a price. Check ER6n and Ninja threads here on TV

be aware W40 and similar destroys chains o-rings

Archived