White Songtaew/Truck From San Kamphaeng To & From Cm

SadieMBeagle

Hi all,

My mom is coming to visit in a couple of weeks, and she absolutely refuses to ride on my motorbike (She fell off of one once, so I understand her fear and I'm not going to try to force her to try it again). Fortunately, just 2 days ago I moved and now live within bicycling distance of the white truck route along the "tree road," or as I call it, highway 1006, that goes from CM to San Kamphaeng and beyond.

I'm not sure I will get a chance to ride the route myself before she arrives, so is there anyone who can help me with more information? For example:

What time does it start running and end running?

How much does it cost? I've heard 15 baht.

Where does it go in CM? I've heard it goes to Warorot Day Market, but I've seen the white trucks there parked in a couple different areas, and I've also heard they go to Chang Puak Gate.

Any answers, plus other useful information you have to share, is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

It's been quite a while ago, if memory serves me well:

they start between 6 and 7am and finish around 7pm. After this time can later hire a whole songteaw to bring your mom back. Another option is to pass by your neighbor, you know the one with the zoo ;), who's got a tel. nr. of a reliable taxi driver who speaks good English.

15 baht could still be the price.

It goes to the Worarot or Warorot (???) market. I used to get out just after the Nawarat bridge and then take another red taxi to elsewhere or walk.