Ferry From Phuket To Koh Lanta This Week

StevieH

dear phuket residents / denizens,

am due to take the boat from phuket to koh lanta this friday coming but the local weather appears a little stormy. . . .anyone had experience of this before? does the boat run even if it's bad weather and how safe / comfortable etc is it if so? cheers.

Probably not a good idea to go to Koh Lanta from Phuket by boat in the stormiest month of the year around here. It would be a shorter and safer trip on the water if you drive or take a bus to down by Krabi and check the conditions from there. Good luck... Travel safe!

Probably not a good idea to go to Koh Lanta from Phuket by boat in the stormiest month of the year around here. It would be a shorter and safer trip on the water if you drive or take a bus to down by Krabi and check the conditions from there. Good luck... Travel safe!

at

I agree about not taking a ferry if the weather is bad but unfortunately the bus isn't any safer either, I'm afraid that safety is not a high priority on any public transport in Thailand

I think the Phuket / Lanta stops at Phi Phi (both ways or only on one way). There is one but I thought it was high season only. This is I assume a foot passenger only ferry ??

The mainland / Lanta car ferry does do those 2 mini ferry crossings to get on the island, as they dont have a bridge and those of course run all year. Stops at night tho, once was on the last boat which was a relief (what if someone needs hospital treatment ??

Theres also some passenger ferries doing Krabi / Lanta / Satun or Lippe ?? In the high season and I read theres a new Satun Langkawi ferry option which makes for an interesting visa run. Assume these are only foot traffic.

Must be only in the high season.

We spend at least 3 hours on the island looking around and i doubt we saw more than 10 tourists.

On the 4 ferry trips we saw one none Thai and i think he was a local

This was in June/July.

If you want a very quiet holiday and be away from everything its a good place to go.