Anyone Recommend A Chao Phraya Dinner Cruise?

sambai

I'm looking for a Chao Phraya dinner cruise next week. Loy Nava is good and I have been on it before, but it's very expensive.

We would probably need to make our own way to it, as we're travelling by car. Can anyone suggest? TIA.

http://www.yokyor.co...kyor/index.html

I used that in the past frequently. Very popular with Thais too. Not expensive when you use the cruise that starts daily from their main restaurant at about 8:30pm. About 2 and a half hour trip on the river, really nice.

sorry the cruise start at about 8:00pm and you should be there at 7:30pm

Very much my choice as well. Goes from the Marina branch, shuttle boat from Shangri-La opposite, mind you I sometimes manage to get them pick me up from the pier at Saphan Taksin.

I went on one of those cruises,they are ok.Just one problem,by 8 everyone is starved,it's buffet style and look out,50 people wanting to eat at the same time.Outside of that and everythings fine.

Aye to that!! Never get between a group of Korean's and a platter of crab!!

I've been on this one many times: http://www.riverside...eng/cruise.html

Good prices, good times.

They have a buffet cruise and a menu cruise....I always went with the menu cruise....didn't like the idea of trying to fight past a couple' hundred people to get to the grub (and the price was high too).

Good idea to call ahead of time and reserve.

I just came back from a dinner cruise on the "Chaopraya Cruise" (buffet, but good, and I think THB 900/person) this evening. Recommendable. Departure was 7pm. We weren't starved, but in the rush-hour traffic we barely made it.

I had been on another boat leaving from River City, I think it was the "Grand Pearl", and it was even better but at twice the price.

Both leave from River City (the shopping center next to the Royal Orchid Sheraton, and the same location as the recommendation in the poisting above). That's much more convenient than YokYor. Advance booking is recommended, even though they weren't booked out tonight.

I haven't been on a cruise with a menu instead of a buffet, so I cannot comment on that.