Annoy The Girlfriend Or Let Down Your Mate?

trompelemonde82

I just got back together with my Thai girlfriend. We met a year ago and have broke up a few times for mutual reasons and always on a friendly basis, except for the last time. We'd been doing the long distance thing for a while and had a falling out recently with her saying she wouldn't come to see me again. I went on a visa run, met another girl, had a fling with her assuming the other relationship was over for good. Then it turned out I had made a big mistake and wanted to get back with her because we do have a strong bond and she's a nice girl. This happened, I had to go to pains to convince her I hadn't cheated on her and only had the fling when we were separated. Things calmed down and she changed her day off work to match my new work schedule.

Due to visit me this weekend then I went and remembered it's my friend's birthday (who stays in another province) and I'd told him we could meet up). Unfortunately, he's short on friends and is single but is a nice guy who has been a good friend although I haven't seen him for ages.

The girlfriend suggested I go to celebrate with him next weekend when she will be visiting family and unable to see me. She doesn't want to join in the birthday celebrations if I go this weekend and isn't too happy that after changing her plans, I've turned around to say I might change mine.

The options would seem to be;

(1) Piss her off by going to see him and not meet up with her for another 3 weeks (considering we just got back together and are still working on getting over the metaphorical bumps).

(2) Piss him off by telling him he will be spending his birthday alone (unless his Thai friend decides to take him out, which is about a 50/50 chance and then see him next weekend).

(3) Piss off her family by getting her to visit them this weekend and intrude on whatever other plans they may have made then meet her next weekend: - probably not an actual option.

Either way, somebody won't be happy. Just looking for a show of hands here: 1, 2 or 3 - what would you choose?