3 Month Tourist Visa, Completely Free Of Charge,Realy Posible?

Hello!

today a friend called me,from the nabour village,and told me he got,from the local consulate a 3 month normal tourist visa,complete free of charge,he pay nothing to the consulate!

i never heard about this visa type before,is it realy posibly,to got 3 month for free,with out extension inside thailand after to month nesarsary?

when this would be true,i ask myself,why i have always payed 50€ for a nonimigrant..! each year!

when the thai goverment give visa for free,how then a worker on a consulate ,outside thailand,can earn money?

who is it posible,to work for thai gov us a consultate,is this a complicated process?

can someone explain this?

would be intresting to know!

when i call 5 consulates,and ask difficult questions,every one give me another aswer!

especial,when it comes to the question ,to extend visa to one year,1.consulate say its only posible inside thailand,i also read this on the net,and the other says,we can also make one year stamps!

i never know,what i should belive or not!

sorry for many questions:)

There are no consulates in Thailand, so I think you need to post the real story after finding out the facts from your friend.

Tourist visas are free for Thailand, but like I said not available in Thailand, so your friend must have left the country.

Non Immigrant Visas can be extended by one year in Thailand, not tourist visas.

The paperwork for the Non Immigrant Extension must be correct, and will be checked