Thai Customs Arrest Iranian At Suvarnabhumi With 1.5kg Liquid 'ice' Worth US$180,000

webfact

Iranian detained in smuggling 1.5 kg liquid 'ice' at airport

BANGKOK, Oct 15 – An Iranian drug smuggling suspect was arrested with 1,550 grammes of liquid-formula crystal methamphetamine, commonly known as ice, worth Bt5.4 million (some US$180,000) at Thailand’s main international airport, Customs Department director-general Prasong Poontaneat journalists on Friday.

Jozvefazeli Hamidreza, 34-year-old Iranian national, was arrested Thursday night at the arrival terminal of Suvarnabhumi Airport with three shampoo bottles containing liquid crystal meth, with total about 1.5 kg.

The suspect was taken into custody when customs officers asked to inspect his baggage check and found three suspicious shampoo bottles in the baggage, Mr Prasong reported.

According to his travel record, Mr Hamidreza flew from the Iranian capital, Tehran, to Doha City in Qatar, and then on to Thailand by Qatar Airways.

The alleged drug trafficker was charged with possessing and smuggling the illicit drug into the kingdom and was transferred to the Narcotics Suppression Bureau for further investigation.

Since Oct 1, customs officers at Suvarnabhumi Airport have made arrests of three ‘ice’-related cases and impounded 5,650 grammes of crystal meth worth Bt25.2 million ($845,000) in value, Mr Prasong said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-10-15

Well, whats there to discuss, its all been said before. A few people come in and say, "HANG HIM HIGH" and then all the bleeding hearts come in and start talking about poor this and poor that and mr big this and mr big that.

blah blah blah? :coffee1:

Well, whats there to discuss, its all been said before. A few people come in and say, "HANG HIM HIGH" and then all the bleeding hearts come in and start talking about poor this and poor that and mr big this and mr big that.

corr i would hate to be on a conntecting flight to BBK via Iran.

why hang them high. waist of rope. bullets are about 10 baht. cheap and effective anyway that is a bit harsh sentence for a ruthless drug dealer. Remember people that behave like animals are people too and they should be eaten. sorry i mean treated in the right way. i bet they are going to have to build an Little Iran in Laad Yao

Indeed.... gets a bit tedious after a while.

There is obviously some punk or punks in Iran sending these mules over for there to be so many willing to do it, i suspect news of all these arrests just doesn't get to Iran and it seems Thai customs are getting tipped off more often than not, by who?

Indeed.... gets a bit tedious after a while.

They should give them a second. chance. walk a tight rope across the river kwai or die !

anyway the is only 1 mr big that is me BIG C. don't u forget it ! and no i don't sell drugs.

I do sell ice in my shop but home made in the freezer. question is why do people need to smuggle a substance that is available in every 7/11.

Ice :D stay cool B)

i used to snowball ice and coke in a glas bottle i stopped when i found the max. pepsi max

Edited by BigC

There is obviously some punk or punks in Iran sending these mules over for there to be so many willing to do it, i suspect news of all these arrests just doesn't get to Iran and it seems Thai customs are getting tipped off more often than not, by who?

it all over the thai news. they have arrested 100 thai corrupt police officers in bangkok. people are just getting to greedy. market has gone belly up. people have less money. things are worth less. people are getting more greedy and people are greedy to catch the greedy people.

I reckon that the street value is going down due to lack of money in the world. just a guess. basically they need to sell more to make a profit.

thank god. cakes are still legal.

also before this market crash. people borrowed lots of money from the banks and finance companies. before they could pay off the debt with no problem. now people are scraping change from under the sofa to stop the car or house being re-possed. dealers and police are no different.

so some of the greed is also back by pressure.

Example. now i have to make more money take mnore of a risk to keep my stuff. police now have to arrest more people and take more bribes to keep their stuff.

Export is bad at the moment with the strong baht and tourist find thailand not so cheap like before.

these are testing times for this country and with the political issues thailand is really being squeased.

Edited by BigC

Well number one - Iranians are now profiled for carrying drugs. Number two lads are carrying things that will flag you or seems out of the ordinary. Microwave, 3bottles of shampoo - let's face it some of these mules aren't the smartest.

maybe they are smuggling 50 cent cd's to Iran. Now Iranians think it is cool to get ice. maybe they cannot find anything thing to do wid their lives so they hussle

It's not just in BKK the Iranians are carrying out their drug peddling. I am here in Hong Kong, and twice now in the last few days, I have been approached late at nite in Wanchai, out in the open, on a major street, by middle-eastern dudes, wanting to sell a variety of dope. I have been coming to HK for over 8 years for biz, and this is the first time this has ever happened. I am personally fed up with it, wherever it happens. My response to this maggot pushing the dope??? I got right up in his face and told him to get the F out of town and promptly threw his sorry behind into the street. Next are the Africans pushing their trash near Sukhumvit Soi 3. I've had it.

It's not just in BKK the Iranians are carrying out their drug peddling. I am here in Hong Kong, and twice now in the last few days, I have been approached late at nite in Wanchai, out in the open, on a major street, by middle-eastern dudes, wanting to sell a variety of dope. I have been coming to HK for over 8 years for biz, and this is the first time this has ever happened. I am personally fed up with it, wherever it happens. My response to this maggot pushing the dope??? I got right up in his face and told him to get the F out of town and promptly threw his sorry behind into the street. Next are the Africans pushing their trash near Sukhumvit Soi 3. I've had it.

yes i understand. I get offered everthing on the back of a bike taxi. i have to listen to him pushing my shit till i get to my destination. sometimes i just lie and tell them that i am old bill just to shut them up.

It is true though drug do reuin countries. england has had it. most of the old people i have left behinde are probably right now in a toilet getting all sniffed up. so pathetic. problem is when anything becomes illegal. Be drugs or even achole like in america years ago. if there is demand people will supply no matter how dangerous. there is always some mug will to make the journey of death.

Part of me does feel sorry for some individuals. problem is the people who make the real money are not the people getting caught in the airports. For that 1 they caught about 20 or 30 or more got through.

yes i understand. I get offered everthing on the back of a bike taxi. i have to listen to him pushing my shit till i get to my destination. sometimes i just lie and tell them that i am old bill just to shut them up.

It is true though drug do reuin countries. england has had it. most of the old people i have left behinde are probably right now in a toilet getting all sniffed up. so pathetic. problem is when anything becomes illegal. Be drugs or even achole like in america years ago. if there is demand people will supply no matter how dangerous. there is always some mug will to make the journey of death.

Part of me does feel sorry for some individuals. problem is the people who make the real money are not the people getting caught in the airports. For that 1 they caught about 20 or 30 or more got through.

I suppose there are some mules that are getting extorted into doing it for the big boys; i.e. they owe money to someone and they have a choice of either playing drug donkey or they (or their family member(s)) get whacked. But I suspect the overwhelming reason why they do it is GREED. I don't support the death penalty per se, but I think sending these clowns to prison for a good long time in North Korea would serve as a pretty good deterrent.

I suppose there are some mules that are getting extorted into doing it for the big boys; i.e. they owe money to someone and they have a choice of either playing drug donkey or they (or their family member(s)) get whacked. But I suspect the overwhelming reason why they do it is GREED. I don't support the death penalty per se, but I think sending these clowns to prison for a good long time in North Korea would serve as a pretty good deterrent.

yes i agree. anyone with a but of common sense who know of thailands reputation of long sentencing would be enough to put off most people. i recone allot od these people are hooked on the gear themselves which takes away all their common and well. they will have some time to think about it after.

Allot of the do it to suppoort their own habbits.

there is probably about 1 million people smuggling round the world for 1 million different reasons.

I appose to death penanlty because it increase the temptation for corruption. People will be will to sell everything to avoid the death penalty or 99 years. Also what if the person was innocent.

This must be a joke

how stupid can it be:angry:

I suspect that the majority of Thai folk cannot point out Thailand on an atlas. Some of my distant Thai family didn't know that the world was spherical until I bought the kids a globe.

Why should the Iranians know better? Any articles in The Times, NY Times, Washington Post about drug arrests in Thailand? Why then would there be in the Iranian equivalent of The Sun (now there's a thought. The Mullahs would explode) or a popular newspaper? Would any of these Patsies even heard of Thailand? Ignorant? Gullible? Maybe so. I'm content with the thought that they all knew that they were something illegal and also that they were set up for the drop. Two possibilities - the tip is/was a diversion or there is a deep cover agent who has infiltrated the druggies network. Anybody have alternative ideas?

Edited by Bagwan

This must be a joke

how stupid can it be:angry:

I suspect that the majority of Thai folk cannot point out Thailand on an atlas. Some of my distant Thai family didn't know that the world was spherical until I bought the kids a globe.

Why should the Iranians know better?  Any articles in The Times, NY Times, Washington Post about drug arrests in Thailand? Why then would there be in the Iranian equivalent of The Sun (now there's a thought. The Mullahs would explode) or a popular newspaper? Would any of these Patsies even heard of Thailand? Ignorant? Gullible? Maybe so. I'm content with the thought that they all knew that they were something illegal and also that they were set up for the drop. Two possibilities -  the tip is/was a diversion or there is a deep cover agent who has infiltrated the druggies network. Anybody have alternative ideas?      

considering the former iraq and iran as it is now. There is so much propagranda is these regions for example. in the first gulf war. the Iraq soldier were told that america is a very small country smaller than half the size of england and they had not much miltery at all. Then the second gulf war was on the telly for the world to head the proper gander.

Iran is not much different. Corrupt leaders who want war with the west. Put people in jail like newpaper reporters.

So it would suprise me i the iranian police or gangsters or who ever say that thailand is a relaxed country and very tolerent to drug trade and u cna become rich in just 1 trip across on the plane.

they might get away with it the first few times and think that it is easy money.

then bang. Off to BBK hitlon