Russia Fears Viktor Bout Could Reveal Secrets

webfact

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

agree with Jingthing, Russia is one of the most corrupt states in the world. Police is worse than criminals. Putin's dictatorship is outrageous. There are no free mass media. Oligarchs who stealt state property in early 90s are the rulers. Total control and corruption.

agreed. and when I visited moscow on business, I couldn't believe how careless and aggressive everyone was. no one stopped to help at a bad traffic accident I saw. Also, seemed like everyone actually admires stalin and all the other previous tyrants..... rough place, but another place smilar to thailand where if you have money, the sky is the limit, instead of morals and a law that applies to all.

It's also a very dangerous place if you get sideways with the government. I would hate to be a news reporter there!

I stayed at the Marriott. Walked out one day and saw a Benz getting a ticket. Guy comes walking out, pulls out a few bills, hands them to the cop, and off he goes. Right out in the open, right in front of the Marriott with dozens of people standing around. No biggie...but the gals are pretty dam_n cute... :)

yawn.

The official Russian response?

No.

Have that all something to do with the topic?

No.

It's does actually when you consider how many people are siding with Bout mainly because they hate the USA. The implication is that they like Russia better. No good reason for that unless you're Russian, so you're excused.

It's does actually when you consider how many people are siding with Bout mainly because they hate the USA. The implication is that they like Russia better. No good reason for that unless you're Russian, so you're excused.

You are wrong that its a "Hate the USA" thing.

That is the silly logic of an American who goes gaga when he is confronted with the fact that not everyone love the USA and dislikes certain things 'the USA' does.

In this case - Bout could be from Belgium, Switzerland or Costa Rica. The reaction and arguments of many people here who think that is not the business of the USA and not in their 'right' to demand that Bout get extradited would be the same.

It is high time for Thailand to stand up for its sovereignty and say no to the bulling from the US.

Apart from the pure legal and moralistic issues, where the imminent release of the veteran Bout is the only answer, it is perhaps wise for the elite to bear in mind that Russians today spend a lot of money in Thailand, the US created Pattaya but today it is Russia that keeps it ticking and growing. Besides I would expect some not so happy comments from Russia's friend China if the wrong decision is made. And they are HUGE in this area now!

Difficult decision?Think not!

Say NO to USA and the dark past and say YES to justice and a bright future!

Regards

Tiger

It is high time for Thailand to stand up for its sovereignty and say no to the bulling from the US.

Apart from the pure legal and moralistic issues, where the imminent release of the veteran Bout is the only answer, it is perhaps wise for the elite to bear in mind that Russians today spend a lot of money in Thailand, the US created Pattaya but today it is Russia that keeps it ticking and growing. Besides I would expect some not so happy comments from Russia's friend China if the wrong decision is made. And they are HUGE in this area now!

Regards

Tiger

Not about hating the USA, eh? Nice try, no cigar. Welcome Mr. Bout to your friend, Uncle Sam. Have a nice stay, y'all!

You are wrong that its a "Hate the USA" thing.

That is the silly logic of an American who goes gaga when he is confronted with the fact that not everyone love the USA and dislikes certain things 'the USA' does.

In this case - Bout could be from Belgium, Switzerland or Costa Rica. The reaction and arguments of many people here who think that is not the business of the USA and not in their 'right' to demand that Bout get extradited would be the same.

You start off with a rant against Americans. Obviously, we know not everybody loves the USA. That is fine. Not everybody loves Russia. That is find. Nobody in the US goes gaga over this...only those who rant against the US.

And in our humble opinion, we don't care where he is from. It does not matter. He is a bad man and needs to be brought to justice. If he was an American, we would want him to be brought to court. I think I speak for the majority of American's. Unfortunately, only the US has the POWER to try and bring this guy to justice. Most other countries wouldn't even try...sad.

Regards

Tiger

It has nothing to do with who spends more than the other. This is a legal issue. The international warrant was issued by Interpol. Not the US. Of course, the US was behind this 100%. And for good reasons....but many countries participated in this. Unfortunately, the US gets bashed for being involved.

-----------------------------------------------------

“This multi-country operation culminating in the arrest of Viktor Bout in Thailand is a model for how suspected dangerous international criminals need to be investigated, charged and brought to justice in the 21st century,” said INTERPOL Secretary General Ronald K. Noble.

“This investigation, led by highly trained, professional and dedicated law enforcement officers from a number of countries, blended modern technology with traditional human observation and surveillance techniques in order to track the conspiracy as it was unfolding.

“While this was clearly an international operation, each country’s sovereignty was respected with all available national and international legal tools, including an INTERPOL diffusion and Red Notice, used in support of the investigation resulting in the successful arrest of the suspect,” added Mr Noble.

And in our humble opinion, we don't care where he is from. It does not matter. He is a bad man and needs to be brought to justice. If he was an American, we would want him to be brought to court. I think I speak for the majority of American's. Unfortunately, only the US has the POWER to try and bring this guy to justice. Most other countries wouldn't even try...sad.

yawn.

And now keep telling your little anecdotes about your travels in Russia or China and how bad is over there and don't forget to mention that the USA is the best

Regards

Tiger

Not about hating the USA, eh? Nice try, no cigar. Welcome Mr. Bout to your friend, Uncle Sam. Have a nice stay, y'all!

Where do I say that I do not hate the USA?

I do!

Tiger

Americans always say that they are American...and we do it with pride!

All of you USA bashers hide behind an internet screename and a firewall.

What countries are you basher commies from?

If its so great Go Back!

Yeah and stop insisting that Bout has to go to the USA. He don't want go there. Accept this.

^he might not want to go there, but he might not have a choice either. :P

well, just the argument "when you don't like the USA then Go Back! where you come from" does not make much sense here at this topic.

We would all just love the Amerikans if they just stayed where they came from!

Tiger

^he might not want to go there, but he might not have a choice either. :P

well, just the argument "when you don't like the USA then Go Back! where you come from" does not make much sense here at this topic.

Many people seem to forget and not distinguish between

-Not liking US politics or Not liking American People, or Not liking America as a country to travel or live in and the list can go on.

Just because someone does not like US Policies it does not automatically make every American and everything about America bad, because if it does then that person is the biggest bigot.

Regards

Tiger

I do!

Tiger

Yes, I know you do. I was referring back to the general argument I have made that most of the support for Bout from various poster, not only you back you are a classic example, stems from rabid anti-Americanism. My point, that's fine, but irrational if comparing to Russia, which objectively is worse.

Personally, I don't care if you hate Americans or America, I find it rather cute coming from a Swede, just don't get violent about it. Not too afraid of Sweden, let's get real. Love your Vulvas and Meatballs though (serving with fruit, that's bloody genius) ...

Edited by Jingthing

It's does actually when you consider how many people are siding with Bout mainly because they hate the USA.

Stop being so ignorant and shallow, it is embarrassing.

Its actually more like that the people who hate Russia siding here up with the USA.

If you could read you would see that I said...

If. You. Love Your. Country So Much ... Go Back. There!

Good idea is to read first...then post!

Why do you hate Germans...Russians...Italians...Britts...Swedes...Thais...Japanese...Whites...Blacks...Asians...Etc? Because THAT is America. A country of foreigners living together as one.

Maybe you just hate yourself...Thats why you love V Bout the most hated man in the world.

Regards

Tiger

I do!

Tiger

Yes, I know you do. I was referring back to the general argument I have made that most of the support for Bout from various poster, not only you back you are a classic example, stems from rabid anti-Americanism. My point, that's fine, but irrational if comparing to Russia, which objectively is worse.

Personally, I don't care if you hate Americans or America, I find it rather cute coming from a Swede, just don't get violent about it. Not too afraid of Sweden, let's get real. Love your Vulvas and Meatballs though (serving with fruit, that's bloody genius) ...

My anti Americanism stems from a solid education in history and the possibility to get unbiased information.

Something very few Americans have access to.

You want non violent? Then don't come over here!

Tiger