Tuskers Opening Again

rakchaingmai

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not been nasty but JESUS some people never learn, hes going from one Ghost Bar to another

DK

I'll take a look and give it a try, Rachel & Chas put huge amounts of work into Tuskers and were perfect hosts so I'd be interested to know what the new owner will do to improve on them, free beer? :D

rakchiangmai.

re ... by a guy that used to run the tiger tiger

i dont know where you got your info from but i think its wrong

aussie ray of tiger bar near tonys big bikes in ratchamankha road is working on opening

the old lucky foos bar in soi 2 moonmuang road and has been for about two weeks

the ferang i saw in tuskers today ( 35 ish ) cleaning up with a thai girl and two thai men was not ray.

ex of aussie cafe and tiger bar i can assure you.

enjoy pics .... dave2

ps ... if theres another tiger bar somewhere else ? .... my applologies

rakchiangmai.

aussie ray of tiger bar near tonys big bikes in ratchamankha road is working on opening

the ferang i saw in tuskers today ( 35 ish ) cleaning up with a thai girl and two thai men was not ray.

enjoy pics .... dave2

Tiger Tiger bar and Tiger bar were 2 different bars

Under the same name?

The biggest problem with Tiger Tiger was the lack of parking even for motorbikes so if it is Tony he will have the same problem there, reason I did not go to Tiger Tiger more often was it was a pain in the ass to park I did go Tuskers a few times as i could find a nice place for bike, if ya in a car forget about it in both places.

DK

Under the same name?

The biggest problem with Tiger Tiger was the lack of parking even for motorbikes so if it is Tony he will have the same problem there, reason I did not go to Tiger Tiger more often was it was a pain in the ass to park I did go Tuskers a few times as i could find a nice place for bike, if ya in a car forget about it in both places.

DK

Always remember the three rules of business: LOCATION, LOCATION LOCATION.

A decent guy maybe...!! but that doesn't make you successful in business...especially in the service , catering , food business...

I tried Tiger / Tiger once and was more than enough for me... Overpriced to the tilt, food not impressive at all!!! In fact, without insult ...= Yuk!! and at prices of /or more than Chez Marco !!?? Nope !! Never went back and the owner was there when we went..... very uninterested in his customers from what I could see... service = minimalistic and staff not knowledgeable at all... So I don't have much confidence in him making anything out of the ordinary here as Chas and Rachel sure knew how to make a customer feel at home and give them good service and food and whatever... Anyway good luck to all in your new ventures ...

If this is true, I wish Tony all the best luck in the world. He's a decent guy and I hope it works out for him.

Why can't people opening new bars or restaurants be at least original enough to find a name that doesn't cause confusion and conflict...? Or is it lack of confidence to make it on their own >?? but guess that's hard thinking for someone opening a new business and guess hard for old folks to differentiate and fun to confuse them ....

rakchiangmai.

enjoy pics .... dave2

Why can't people opening new bars or restaurants be at least original enough to find a name that doesn't cause confusion and conflict...? Or is it lack of confidence to make it on their own >?? but guess that's hard thinking for someone opening a new business and guess hard for old folks to differentiate and fun to confuse them ....

rakchiangmai.

enjoy pics .... dave2

This is a thread about Tuskers ! why are you talking about a bar that closed down a while ago or are you always 4 mths behind in your thinking ;) .

Tuskers WAS Chas, Rachel, and their lovely staff. Good luck to the new guy, but who could do better ?!

Parking ?! Get real! Walk 25 - 50M ! Take a tuk tuk! What do you think it is; some kind of drive-in?

Edited by Mapguy

Tuskers WAS Chas, Rachel, and their lovely staff. Good luck to the new guy, but who could do better ?!

Parking ?! Get real! Walk 25 - 50M ! Take a tuk tuk! What do you think it is; some kind of drive-in?

Now I may be speaking out of turn here and I know everyone's gonna jump on my back BUT IF Tuskers WAS all everyone makes it out to be then why could the original owners not sell it in the first place?

I can understand if they are starting a family and no longer wish to be in that industry, in fact, all praise to them for making this decision!

Come on though folks, the amount I drove past the place and didn't stop because A. no parking, and B. it always appeared empty.

I did pop in once with a friend and to be fair there were a few in but there wsa a big world cup match on.

Good luck to who ever buys this, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole though

And there we go again ... :( Why isn't it possible to just wish the new owner(s?)good luck in stead of speculating about what could happen?!

So, I would like to wish good luck the new owner. Definitely will drop in one day. :)

And there we go again ... :( Why isn't it possible to just wish the new owner(s?)good luck in stead of speculating about what could happen?!

So, I would like to wish good luck the new owner. Definitely will drop in one day. :)

Excellent! Thaivisa wishes the new owners good luck. We are happy to offer you guys one months free advertising on Thaivisa to get you started.

Cheers

Excellent! Thaivisa wishes the new owners good luck. We are happy to offer you guys one months free advertising on Thaivisa to get you started.

Cheers

nice going George.

PARKING is a big deal, might not be to you but people have said time and time again they dont want to take a tuk tuk they dont want to park 50 meters away and if potential bar owners ignore those basic requirments then they deserve no customers, myself and my drinking buddies always park outside where we are drinking if there is no parking we dont go there simple as that.

I dont think my buddies and i are in the minority on this point who wants to be driving round the block looking for a parking space just to have a beer guess N1 bar has got it right he even bought the building next door JUST FOR PARKING, now thats a smart guy that knows whats going on.

DK

Edited by DiamondKing

Worth pointing out here that this appears just to be a new tenant for the premises that used to be Tuskers Bar and not a continuation of the original business. I think the parking issue, although far from ideal, has been much exaggerated and was a real pain only if loading or unloading anything - in several years of regular weekly attendance I never had to park further away than across the moat by The House and can think of other places (Mad Dog and John's Place for example) where it's just as tricky in the evening. Let's face it, the whole of the city centre is becoming an increasing nightmare if you want to park a car.

Whoever takes it on will no doubt stamp their own identity on the business and I wish them good fortune in their new venture.

Edited by Greenside

...., myself and my drinking buddies always park outside where we are drinking if there is no parking we dont go there simple as that.

Just don't drink and drive. I am starting to think it's a good idea not to have parking space in front of a place where they serve booze :D

Come on though folks, the amount I drove past the place and didn't stop because A. no parking, and B. it always appeared empty.

Maybe because of this:

Definitely will drop in one day. :)

She wants everyone else to be positive and only herself is allowed to threaten the new owners? :lol:

PARKING is a big deal, might not be to you but people have said time and time again they dont want to take a tuk tuk they dont want to park 50 meters away and if potential bar owners ignore those basic requirments then they deserve no customers, myself and my drinking buddies always park outside where we are drinking if there is no parking we dont go there simple as that.

I dont think my buddies and i are in the minority on this point who wants to be driving round the block looking for a parking space just to have a beer guess N1 bar has got it right he even bought the building next door JUST FOR PARKING, now thats a smart guy that knows whats going on.

DK

The problem is that this simply isn't practical in a growing city. Start buying the land next door and sooner or later the cost will make itself felt when you pay the bar tab and when that happens you'll likely be up there with the rest complaining, or heading for a new watering hole! If you want to enjoy nightlife in the city centre and drive there you'd better get used to the fact that as in London, BKK, New York or almost anywhere else things are only going to get more difficult.

The alternative (which I hate) is the suburban bar-in-a-shed surrounded by a parking lot to be found around most US and a (sadly) growing number of UK towns. These soulless establishments can be viewed in the some of the more depressing episodes of The Sopranos and it would be a pity if a dependence on the need for parking means that we end up with them here too.

Not to mention the drinking and driving issues that come from encouraging people to bar hop by car...

...., myself and my drinking buddies always park outside where we are drinking if there is no parking we dont go there simple as that.

Just don't drink and drive. I am starting to think it's a good idea not to have parking space in front of a place where they serve booze :D

Maybe because of this:

Definitely will drop in one day. :)

She wants everyone else to be positive and only herself is allowed to threaten the new owners? :lol:

The degree of threat would depend on the breed of friend :) she took with her

Worth pointing out here that this appears just to be a new tenant for the premises that used to be Tuskers Bar and not a continuation of the original business. I think the parking issue, although far from ideal, has been much exaggerated and was a real pain only if loading or unloading anything - in several years of regular weekly attendance I never had to park further away than across the moat by The House and can think of other places (Mad Dog and John's Place for example) where it's just as tricky in the evening. Let's face it, the whole of the city centre is becoming an increasing nightmare if you want to park a car.

Whoever takes it on will no doubt stamp their own identity on the business and I wish them good fortune in their new venture.

Agreed. Parking has always been a pain for anyone driving a car into the city. Motor bikes are a bit of nuisance, but the scooters are no problem at all if you don't mind walking 100 meters or less. It's much more difficult on any market night where the whole center of the city is a seething mass of humanity. I just park outside the city and walk in. But, I'm just a youngster of 70 who doesn't mind walking 10 km each morning.