Buying Used Car

lovelomsak

I have found a used car online I contacted the guy and I am really interested in it. It is a Honda Beat Spyder a little 2 seater. He says only 3 in Thailand. I emailed him and ask about bluebook he says he has it. I live in another province than him he is in chon buri .

Now here is the questions.

Do I register it in Chon Buri or in my province? If I register in my province is it legal to drive it there with bluebook and bill of sale?

Can he owe money on it and have bluebook? If so how do I do leans check.

I like the car and want it just donot want problems. If I can buy it register it easy I will certainly buy it.Everything I bought here till now has been with car dealerships. First time with private sale. Also the seller is a foreigner also.

Edited by lovelomsak

You would have to take the blue book to a LTD and have them run a check on it to make sure it is legit. You will need a copy of his passport with all relevant pages and letter of residency from immigration or his embassy. You the same if franag

Edited by gotlost

You would have to take the blue book to a LTD and have them run a check on it to make sure it is legit. You will need a copy of his passport with all relevant pages and letter of residency from immigration or his embassy. You the same if franag

Thank you for the help. One question. What does LTD stand for? Can I register it in Chon buri, I donot live there, That would put my mind at ease if everything could be done and I drive it home all legal. Insurance I should be able to get probably easy. Maybe even at registration office.

LTD is short for Land Transportation Department. That's is where are vehicle, (car, truck, bike, bus) are registered and you also get your driving license. Yes you can register it where ever you please.

Thank You again. You actually make it sound easy. I hope it checks out at LTD and I drive it home. Thank again.

You can make what you like of this, as I don't know what it signifies, but if its anywhere in the Pattaya area this car has been for sale and repair in a number of places in Pattaya in recent years, most recently on the corner of Thepprasit and Sukhumvit.