Apple Iphone 4 Release Date By Ais?

pimmy5

Just buy one from HK on the grey marked, dont trust AIS, True, Dtac they all say the same <deleted> all the time, yesterday my GF asked again AIS and Dtac when it would come, both told her they did not have a clue, so same story they promise to get it but cant, Apple again <deleted> up telling people can get it, same old song :o

Just get on the True waiting list? Then use with the AIS card you have... True because I know how it works, they get new units, and sell them on a first come first serve basis, e.g. get in line sooner, get the phone sooner. Maybe it's the same with AIS or DTAC. Just make sure you go to the official shops.

I don't think it makes much sense to get an import at this point ...

Edited by nikster

just go to AIS paragon or Central World i by iphone4 from AIS Central World Yesterday i just go in and they have Stock Yesterday

Hi, this is good news, did you previously reserve with ais or was it a walk in kinda thing? Also it's not one of those special launch events or anything?

Thanks.

I'm already with AIS so i want to stay with them cause signal is pretty good. Don't want to get it off grey market or HK because of warranty purposes ( other wise i wouldve gotten it from the UK in June)

Yes - but you can buy it from True or DTAC or AIS. They're all unlocked, and all have warranty in Thailand, and you can use them with your AIS SIM card. You need a micro sim so what you do is you buy the phone from any of AIS, DTAC, True, then take it to the AIS shop and they'll fix you up with a micro SIM with your existing number.

I'm already with AIS so i want to stay with them cause signal is pretty good. Don't want to get it off grey market or HK because of warranty purposes ( other wise i wouldve gotten it from the UK in June)

Yes - but you can buy it from True or DTAC or AIS. They're all unlocked, and all have warranty in Thailand, and you can use them with your AIS SIM card. You need a micro sim so what you do is you buy the phone from any of AIS, DTAC, True, then take it to the AIS shop and they'll fix you up with a micro SIM with your existing number.

Yes i could do that but it would more expensive to get the package without the phone isn't it?? Since i'm going to go with AIS shouldn't i just join a contract with them? Also can someone answer me this? in other countries when you enter a long term contract, their phones are normally decreased in price and you pay monthly installments, but not here in Thailand, you pay nearly full price for the device plus a monthly fee!!

I have checked with all the Apple authorized resellers in Bangkok that I can find and they are all out of stock. They are getting shipments in periodically, but they are on a first come first serve basis. I would like one with a warranty. I bought my 3G from MBK a year and a half ago, and I never had a problem, but iPhone 4's are more prone to damage, so a warranty this time around would be nice.

Factory unlocked iPhone 4 is available for anyone at the authorized Apple Reseller on Kho Samui. The German guy next door bought three a couple of days ago. He says the prices here are cheaper than Europe.

Do you have a contact address / number of this Apple reseller er on Samui? I tried MacSamui, but apperently that doesnt exist anymore as the mobile number is also diconnected...

Yes i could do that but it would more expensive to get the package without the phone isn't it?? Since i'm going to go with AIS shouldn't i just join a contract with them? Also can someone answer me this? in other countries when you enter a long term contract, their phones are normally decreased in price and you pay monthly installments, but not here in Thailand, you pay nearly full price for the device plus a monthly fee!!

AIS have a very good package for iPhone 4. Have a look at this:

http://www.ais.co.th/iphone/en/package/

You can buy the iPhone 4 from them with or without the package, and if you take the package the price is cheaper. I can't see any reason why you wouldn't take the package, though. With 500 minutes and unlimited GPRS/EDGE priced at 839 baht/month, I'm saving quite a bit as I was previously paying 999 baht/month just for unlimited GPRS/EDGE. There is no contract commitment, so you can change or cancel at any time without penalty, although new AIS customers must keep the package for three months, which is no big deal. The enticement to keep the package is not locking you in but offering you months 21 - 24 for free.

Personally I'd rather have that arrangement, rather than "other countries" where you are locked in for years or else have a sizable penalty to pay if you decide you want to change. Also, the monthly rates for the packages including unlimited data seem cheaper than Europe or USA. All we need now in Thailand is number portability to make things truly competitive.