B & D Workmate

Crossy

One of the things I left behind in the UK (actually it was retained by my ex.) was my Black and Decker Workmate, looks something like this:-

WM825_HERO.gif

http://www.blackanddecker.co.uk/powertools/productdetails/catno/WM825/

The boys (and girls) at Homepro Rangsit said it looked useful but didn't have anything similar (which probably means I would have found one if I'd looked round the back of the paint).

Ideas where I can find a similar beastie?

Nope - sorry can't help, but as I am getting ready to return in about 8 weeks time for the long haul and will build a house you have prompted me to give serious thought about purchasing one and shipping it with my other goods.

Central City, Bang Na has them. In the Home Works store.

They had about 9 in stock when I got mine in April.

Price was about the same as you'd pay anywhere

else in the world.

If you google it, you'll find that there are a lot stores

in Bangkok that sell them. All shapes and sizes but

the larger ones are much more expensive than in

the west.

else in the world.

the west.

appreciate the updated info.

I'm also interested in buying one or two of them.

Can you give an idea of what model you bought and how much it cost?

thanks

Here's a link http://thailand.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=0614700 for the Work bench,portable,Workmate 626....price: 7,662 Baht, Bangkok

Maybe get a discount if several are ordered for delivery to isaan....let me know as I'm ready for one.

Just happen to see that in GB the price is less than 80 pounds / delivered !!! so more than double the price here !!!!

Edited by JRinger

Here's a link http://thailand.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=0614700 for the Work bench,portable,Workmate 626....price: 7,662 Baht, Bangkok

Maybe get a discount if several are ordered for delivery to isaan....let me know as I'm ready for one.

Just happen to see that in GB the price is less than 80 pounds / delivered !!! so more than double the price here !!!!

RS are not renowned for being cheap, most of their stuff is double that in retail outlets :(

else in the world.

the west.

The one I got is a model 225 (can't afford the high end stuff like you guys are talking about...)

and the price was within a few hundred of 3000 baht. 2800? 3100? something

like that.

RS are not renowned for being cheap, most of their stuff is double that in retail outlets :(

Maybe you have information, link, address, location, etc., of a retail outlet that sells them for less?

Maybe you have information, link, address, location, etc., of a retail outlet that sells them for less?

Not in Thailand, that's why I'm looking :) although Central City, Bang Na is looking promising (a long way for met to go on an off chance though).

But just for comparison, Workmate 626 from RS UK is 83.50 + VAT (= 98.11) same from Amazon (so we're comparing two mail order companies) is 77.48 inc. not double but a significant premium.

RS (for us oldies still known as RadioSpares) is a small order professional supplier with a massive global inventory and rapid shipping of often hard to find parts. They provide a premium service and as such charge premium prices. I've used them often in the past when a part is needed like yesterday.

I bought mine in Homeworks Pattaya 2300 baht, they still had them when I walked around last week maybe there is a HW near you and they can inter store order.

I also have two of the locally made copies but can not remember where they came from.

As I am in the south probably not a great help.."0" actually..lol .....BUT I found a BDWM in a mom and pop store in Tung Sung..when I was buying pipe or somesuch..anyways it was 1000 baht ...basic model same as I paid Can$50.00 for about 30 years ago!..Trouble is got home found the little plastic jaws were missing...tried to get 'em on various sites to no avail..will pick some up when next in Canada..

Do you know my dear little wife actually said "why you need that?" !!! HMMPH!!...same reason I drink beer at 10am maybe?? Now get off that wobbly folding chair and use the freekin ladder next to your elbow!!! ...."sokay dear I not old like you"...."can you put down beer and drill hole in this wood for wire for my orchid" "why you need new toy.... can do on floor, I hold".... every day is a comedy routine...gotta luv 'em.. :rolleyes:

Edited by David006