Internet Connection Kpg

I get to be a beachbum for a few months on Koh Phangan.

But I need a fast, reliable internet connection.

Last year I wasted my time with a usb modem and 12call GSM unlimted package for 1000baht a month. What a waste of time.

I notice many houses and bungalows on KPG have ethernet as part of the rental, hows this connection ?

Any other solutions ??

I am sure that it depends where on KPN you are.

I have just spent a couple of days at Haad Tien Bay. The internet via my CAT CDMA was abysmal (poor signal quality), and the Ethernet in the room was only slightly better. 10 minutes to load TV main page. Lots of others just timed out.

I cannot believe that the whole of KPN is this bad though.

If you get a room in a good mobile coverage area - the USB options should be OK. CAT CDMA is usually the best one.

Haad Tien has no road connections with the rest of the island and no (or poor) mobile connection.

People go there (the Sanctuary) mostly to detox and maybe everybody should get a little 'IT detox' too. :lol:

What - NO ThaiVisa??? :o

OMG I feel withdrawal symptoms coming on. I have to have my BigC daily fix (and sbk's whiplash of course). :whistling:

BTW they do have a road now. But the mobile connection is the pits :annoyed:

I am sure that it depends where on KPN you are.

I have just spent a couple of days at Haad Tien Bay. The internet via my CAT CDMA was abysmal (poor signal quality), and the Ethernet in the room was only slightly better. 10 minutes to load TV main page. Lots of others just timed out.

I cannot believe that the whole of KPN is this bad though.

If you get a room in a good mobile coverage area - the USB options should be OK. CAT CDMA is usually the best one.

i live in baan tai and internet service of any kind here is a JOKE at best,,, a little thunder out go's the power...little rain out it go's again but long term...seems now sunshine can make it get hot an shut down too....pay for a month, and get about 22 days....call the servicemen????? get DIVERTED...want good fast service??? not on koh phangan...GET A CANDLE AN A GOOD BOOK...LOL