Camry Lan Car Plug

rjhklein

HI Everybody,

I have a toyota camry 2007and I notice that when you open the first lit of the left arm rest ( in the drivers seat) there is some kind of plug. It look like a LAN Line Plug.. I am just wondering what's it used for..

Please only bullshit comments when they are really funny..

Regards,

Rumble

post-65291-072383800 1287396344_thumb.jp

post-65291-002218000 1287396368_thumb.jp

post-65291-047133900 1287396381_thumb.jp

post-65291-039550000 1287396466_thumb.jp

It doesn't look to be OEM - was this car bought used?

Either way, my best guess is that it's an extension for the Toyota AVC-LAN from the stereo. AVC-LAN is a bus for adding things like DVD players and iPod controllers.

I bought my Camry new, and the LAN plug was already in there when I bought it.

Hi,

I also have a Camry which has this same jacksocket.

The Camry comes with Bluetooth capability (dependant on which version of Camry) so that you can use your telehone handsfree through the stereo speakers.

The microphone should be on the top of your steering column.

The jack socket is so you can connect your telephone if your phone does not have a Bluetooth conection.

The cable can be bought from Toyota showrooms.

Regards,

Tiger.

Edited by tonytigerbkk

Hi,

I also have a Camry which has this same jacksocket.

The Camry comes with Bluetooth capability (dependant on which version of Camry) so that you can use your telehone handsfree through the stereo speakers.

The microphone should be on the top of your steering column.

The jack socket is so you can connect your telephone if your phone does not have a Bluetooth conection.

The cable can be bought from Toyota showrooms.

Regards,

Tiger.

Great answer, although I was hesitating between your answer and the vibrator plug... unsure.gif

Most phones have blue tooth nowadays but the version of the Bluetooth might sometime not work with this 2007 Camry Thai version. For example my E90 Nokia did not work. In that case I could have used the plug I guess.

Anyway thanks a lot for every bodies comments.

Rumble

Hi rjhklein,

Toyota only make the phone leads for very old versions of phones, so I doubt if they have one for the E90.

Incidentally I went to 5 showrooms with my car and they all denied that the car had bluetooth capability until one of the younger workers there paired my phone for me, so it might be worth trying to pair the phone again.

Also worth noting is that the ignition has to be switched on when carrying out the pairing.

Regards,

Tiger.

Just checked my owners manual and it says that the following:

To use the Bluetooth function, wait for about 25 seconds after the ignition switch is set to on.

You need to enter the passcode “0000” when the Bluetooth cellular phone is pairing with the Bluetooth hands-free car kit (the device name is 573BT-V1.1).

Best luck,

Tiger.

Hi rjhklein,

Toyota only make the phone leads for very old versions of phones, so I doubt if they have one for the E90.

Incidentally I went to 5 showrooms with my car and they all denied that the car had bluetooth capability until one of the younger workers there paired my phone for me, so it might be worth trying to pair the phone again.

Also worth noting is that the ignition has to be switched on when carrying out the pairing.

Regards,

Tiger.

Indeed my previous Nokia 9300 communicator did work with . Strange enough my latest HTC HD2 is also able to connect.

Thanks for the help.

I noticed also that there is a difference between volumes and putting my phone to the max volume it it sometime is not so clear. Any chance you can increase the volume with help of the car?