Music Festivlle In Chiangrai

lanky

There is another posting on this forum giving information about the festival, it's under ' community events'. That said, I can tell you that it is being hosted by 7 of the hotels in C.R. on the 22-24th October. From what I've read, there will be free concerts, shows and exhibitions of art, with patrons paying only for food/drink at events.

The Legend is hosting a Biggles Big band concert over the 3 nights with what promises to be excellent food for those who wish to eat there as well.

There is a photo exhibition 'Portraits of the Golden Triangle; by Victoria Vorreiter at the Anantara Resort - this lasts until 22nd Jan.2011.

Le Meridien is hosting a cabaret show on the evenings of the 22 and the 23rd ,starting at 19.00hrs

The Mantrini has a painting exhibition of works by students from the Faculty of Fine Arts, Chiang Mai University expressing their views of 'abstract'. The students will be there throughout the 3 days of the exhibition using hotel as their studio

River House Resort will present 2 different performance during 3 days of the event. 19.00hrs-20.00hrs on 22nd will be performance by Chiang rai Youth orchestra, and on the 23 and 24th there will be Lanna Dance - a mix of traditional and contemporary Northern Thai dance from 18.30 to 19.30 then again at 20.30 to 21.30 hours. Food also available.

The Dusit is holding an exhibition 'Discover the identity of lanna Style thru aquarel', a concert by Chiang Rai youth orchestra (Bach) on the 23rd between 18.00 and 22.00 hrs and also a live music and beer garden.

Lastly, but by no means the least, The Rimkok Resort will host a 'Kad Mua' (traditional northern food market) with local food stalls, food demonstrations,

traditional folk music, with many Northern Thai dance performances. A Thai Buffet dinner is also available. This is on the 23rd, folk music starting at 17.30, Lanna dance showing at 19.30. on the23rd Oct.

I don't know if there any other events planned, but I'm sure you'll find out once you get here. I suggest you contact the individual hotels for more information or there may be a phone number on the other posting page. Enjoy!