I Am Going Crazy.

needforspeed

How pathetic most of the answers are. There is absolutely nothing strange about this. If you go and ask him you are going to look a real pratt and seriously offend someone. Stop thinking as if you were in the UK or some other western country. The neighbour's comments are common in Thailand. It is a compliment, not an offer - a friendly joke. If you are going to live here at least try to learn a little bit about the culture.

I would rather be safe (or my child safe) than Sorry! go ask him OP.

I hope you are wright, i know the culture very well and also know that it could be a compliment but still worried.

On a friendly way i find out if he is making just a joke.

Thanks.

Be very careful OP !

Nobody knows if the Chinese couple has family longing for a son, in Thailand or abroad....

Abduction of children happens at a large scale in China*

I'm not saying that this couple would do such a thing or have it done by others but you have to be VERY careful.

* http://news.xinhuane.../c_13520175.htm

I'm not trying to scare but trying to be realistic!

If you are that worried and fear that something might happen you should consider to have an identifying chip inplanted; cost around $ 150-200/pp and if you find this going too far, have at least his DNA taken and stored in the eventuality that.....

PS: about asking the elderly Chinese; that doesn't help he will never admit it that he was serious.

LaoPo

I hope you are wright, i know the culture very well and also know that it could be a compliment but still worried.

Thanks.

Be very careful OP !

Nobody knows if the Chinese couple has family longing for a son, in Thailand or abroad....

I'm not saying that this couple would do such a thing or have it done by others but you have to be VERY careful.

If you are that worried and fear that something might happen you should consider to have an identifying chip inplanted; cost around $ 150-200/pp and if you find this going too far, have at least his DNA taken and stored in the eventuality that.....

PS: about asking the elderly Chinese; that doesn't help he will never admit it that he was serious.

LaoPo

:o shocking. I dont know what I would do if my son was snatched! I know I would give up everything to go and find him though.

Oh God. Look, it is indeed common practice to buy children here (albeit unusual to buy outside the family).

If your girlfriend is telling you this with a smile, she's implying a compliment that your son should be worth 200k.

But there's no way your kid will be 'snatched'. The Chinese guy lives in your neighbourhood (would be easily identified if any kiddie grabbing went on), not some kiddie brothel supplier from the boonies. Relax. Let it go. Just smile and nod saying you want at least 10 mil:lol: And get to know the culture here more. Which goes for a lot of posters here :whistling:

child snatching does go on here in thailand, a young thai girl was snatched a few months ago , she was selling flowers at the roadside, not been found since !! and what are the police going to do about it anyway ????????

i have a 18 mth old baby girl and i tell you what , i watch her like a hawk in thailand, especially big cities like udon and bkk !! take care OP just keep your kids safe , you only have them once !!

OP: I have read your post and some of the replies. I would view this as serious and not a joke.

May I ask what language did your g/f speak to the Chinese in?

Appears your g/f whom I assume is Thai did not consider it a joke?

We are not talking about Thai's making a joke as the Chinese have a different culture to Thai people.

I heard on the BBC world service radio that every year thousands of kids are kidnapped in china which is being blamed on the one child policy.

Monitor your child closely and if you have a family lawyer or a well connected thai acquiantance like a senior police officer or similar I would seek advice and action from them direct or indirect.

OP: I have read your post and some of the replies. I would view this as serious and not a joke.

May I ask what language did your g/f speak to the Chinese in?

Appears your g/f whom I assume is Thai did not consider it a joke?

We are not talking about Thai's making a joke as the Chinese have a different culture to Thai people.

I heard on the BBC world service radio that every year thousands of kids are kidnapped in china which is being blamed on the one child policy.

Monitor your child closely and if you have a family lawyer or a well connected thai acquiantance like a senior police officer or similar I would seek advice and action from them direct or indirect.

They talked Thai, and i dont see this as a joke that why a written the word "Crazy" because thats what it is.

I monitor it all very well and would like to talk with him on a frienly way, shop is closed for 4 days already.

Thanks,

NFS

Oh God. Look, it is indeed common practice to buy children here (albeit unusual to buy outside the family).

If your girlfriend is telling you this with a smile, she's implying a compliment that your son should be worth 200k.

But there's no way your kid will be 'snatched'. The Chinese guy lives in your neighbourhood (would be easily identified if any kiddie grabbing went on), not some kiddie brothel supplier from the boonies. Relax. Let it go. Just smile and nod saying you want at least 10 mil:lol: And get to know the culture here more. Which goes for a lot of posters here :whistling:

child snatching does go on here in thailand, a young thai girl was snatched a few months ago , she was selling flowers at the roadside, not been found since !! and what are the police going to do about it anyway ????????

i have a 18 mth old baby girl and i tell you what , i watch her like a hawk in thailand, especially big cities like udon and bkk !! take care OP just keep your kids safe , you only have them once !!

It happened a few months ago close to my place a girl 6 years was pulled into a minivane, nevre been seen again.

Police did the same as they always do with poor people (mother was selling rice on the street) :whistling: .

Thanks,

NFS

Thanks.

Be very careful OP !

LaoPo

I know you are not trying to scare me but you did and thanks for that, i paying a motercycle guy who i know very well even my wife. working for me now full time.

Just keep a extra eye on my children during the day.

Thanks a lot,

NFS

I know you are not trying to scare me but you did and thanks for that, i paying a motercycle guy who i know very well even my wife. working for me now full time.

Just keep a extra eye on my children during the day.

Thanks a lot,

NFS

Good!

Nevertheless, follow up on the DNA I mentioned.

LaoPo

I'll bet it's more a kin to when you see a British woman cuddling a friend's baby and saying "I'd love to take him/her home with me" ;)

But here its: I'd love to take him/her home with me, would 200k do?

Op, do yourself a favour and speak to them directly (don't rely on missus for sound info). If you find them sincere in their offer, put the nut on him. ;)

The possibility of child abduction fills me with terror. One of the problems is that generally, half Thai, half farang kids are attractive, with very pale skin. My two have in fact white skin, and nobody believes my wife is the mother. I am sure like us, many of your kids are like little celebrities in the local community, everyone wants to touch them and hold them. We went in to a restaurant where the waitress wanted to carry the toddler to the back kitchen to show everybody and I said sorry, no way. She looked perplexed, put inquisitive, and asked why, I said well, if I had $100 million in cash I would not let you take it out of my sight, so what on earth makes you think I would allow that with my daughter who is more valuable to me than all the money in Thailand. She got the idea.

I would find out if the old Chinese have a son or daughter, trying for a child but cannot, and I would ignore the posters who say it is cultural, that is complete bolleux, and they would not have to live with themselves everyday if your child was taken. Pale skinned kids are a valuable asset here in Asia. All that said, be diplomatic and kind with the elderly Chinese. Put your Child's price above all money or perhaps 'all the tea in China!' and never allow anybody but immediate adult family (Granny or wife's Sisters) members to babysit, and make sure that whatever school your child goes to has a strict locked gates secure system/policy for 'hometime' and early morning arrival.

Watch em like hawks!