Video Recorders

loong

Hi

Sometimes, I like to watch a bit of TV, but often program timing is not convenient.

Also drives me mad, when watching a show and is interrupted every 5 minutes to show the same, repetitive trailers. (UBC series, much better idea, 40 minutes of uninterrupted program and then 20 minutes to do something else.)

Anyway, I want to buy a video recorder and would welcome suggestions or comments re the following

VHS video tape - days are numbered, very much old hat.

DVD recorder with hard drive - I fancy getting one of these, but have not seen any in Thailand for sale.

Has anyone bought one, or know anything about them and availability in Thailand, cost?

I can buy one in UK for less than £300 (22,000 Baht), but is only supposed to play region 2 pre-recorded DVDs. Not really too much of an issue, will not be buying DVDs, besides, I understand they can be unlocked and most DVDs will be pirates anyway.

If I buy in UK, any likely problems with Thai customs? You are only allowed 10,000 Baht personal possesions. If stopped, what would the import tax be?

Thanks for any advice.

I am posting this in General topics and the computer forum as not sure where I will get the best advice.