California Wow

HollandChampion

I want to join a gym somewhere in sukhumvit, Bangkok so i went to visit a few. I received clear offers from all gyms except California WOW asok, it's like they are keeping something away from me.

California wow offered me a 1-year membership at 14k thb and 19k thb for 2 years after bargaining for one hour and talking to 3 sales reps! I asked about the signup fee and deposit a few times but they evade my question every time. Can anyone tell me if there's a deposit, sign up fee or any extra hidden fees taken from the creditcard after signing up?

I don't want to give them any large deposit due to the fact that there are rumors about their poor financial position. I'm only willing to pay the 14k thb / 12 = 1166 thb/month.

Well u should ask about the lifetime membership- my mate paid 12K then only needs to renew each year for 100bt- that it seriously. It was a couple of years ago but still he was first offerred 15k bt pa or 20K bt for 2 years. Then after a couple of hours a lifetime membership was mentioned for 22K bt. He offerred 12K bt and pulled out the cash...his story... then they went off to see Manager then they said OK give 12K bt now but you need to renew for 100bt pa... meant to be cost to process new card.

So that the best deal I heard- naturally they will use all the US sales tricks of Ohhh this deal only available today, etc, etc... Not sure if they will give a lifetime membership now. Once upon a time I guess they felt we would only be here for a few months anyway.... Thus the reason for the 100bt renewal- forget to renew and you need to pay the 12K bt all over again.

It a common trick that gyms try out- get your money first then hope u forget to renew.

Try it...:blink:

12 months ago I was able to get a deal for a life time membership for 10,000k with 100baht renewable every year.This membership includes all their gyms in Thailand excluding two.You've just got to haggle more,they need

your custom more than you need to join.Saying that I think it's an excellent gym and good value for money.Not sure why I read a lot of complaints regarding WOW on TV.I guess some of them must be world power

lifting champions.

I bought a lifetime CAWOW membership, and didn't have to pay 100THB/year for a new membership card. There is no need to get a new membership card because it's a lifetime - not an annual - membership. My experience only, and yours may differ.

• 4 weeks later...

Well u should ask about the lifetime membership- my mate paid 12K then only needs to renew each year for 100bt- that it seriously. It was a couple of years ago but still he was first offerred 15k bt pa or 20K bt for 2 years. Then after a couple of hours a lifetime membership was mentioned for 22K bt. He offerred 12K bt and pulled out the cash...his story... then they went off to see Manager then they said OK give 12K bt now but you need to renew for 100bt pa... meant to be cost to process new card.

So that the best deal I heard- naturally they will use all the US sales tricks of Ohhh this deal only available today, etc, etc... Not sure if they will give a lifetime membership now. Once upon a time I guess they felt we would only be here for a few months anyway.... Thus the reason for the 100bt renewal- forget to renew and you need to pay the 12K bt all over again.

It a common trick that gyms try out- get your money first then hope u forget to renew.

Try it...:blink:

I believe California WOW stopped offering lifetime memberships at the end of 2009. I paid 14,000 B for mine after paying 1,600B a month for first 2 years. I think there many me too many lifetime members now which could affect their ability to stay in business unless they continue to sign up many new members