Weather Forecasts

Raiderz4Life

Depends what parts of Chiang Mai and surrounds you are enquiring about. As the last hot season came to a conclusion rain fell many times in CM but to the frustration of us living in areas, like Hang Dong, it was dry as a chip. The rain when it does come tends to follow the Doi Suthep range amongst others ,you only have to look at the vegetation for confirmation of that. Personally I think the Thai weather forecasters have a lot of work to do to provide reliable weather predictions .

Depends what parts of Chiang Mai and surrounds you are enquiring about. As the last hot season came to a conclusion rain fell many times in CM but to the frustration of us living in areas, like Hang Dong, it was dry as a chip. The rain when it does come tends to follow the Doi Suthep range amongst others ,you only have to look at the vegetation for confirmation of that. Personally I think the Thai weather forecasters have a lot of work to do to provide reliable weather predictions .

Are you saying there is such a thing as a reliable weather forecast.

Oh wait I forecast rain.

That is reliable also I forecast sunshine.B)

Try this site.

Chiang Mai Weather

Hope this is of help :)

Thank you, Lizard. :jap: May I call you Liz? :whistling:

I tried it and that site should do nicely.

The only site that gives Year To Date totals and a yearly history that goes back 40 years is www.tmd.go.th/en.

On the subjet of weather forecasts, even the worlds top computers are unable to predict accurately, in a yacht race i did, they predicted good north easterly's and 30 min before the gun, Roger Badam came running down to the dock to warn his paying customers of his weather service "its going to be bad", previously at the skippers briefing it had been a good forecast, it changed to a storm warning at the blink of an eyelid.

The most accurate weather forecast is to look out the window.